Friend or Foe?

Friend or Foe?

There are 2 comments on the Southern Voice story from Apr 4, 2008, titled Friend or Foe?. In it, Southern Voice reports that:

Les Harris , who was gay, died last week trying to stop a gunman at a hospital in Columbus, Ga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southern Voice.

Amanda

Swansea, SC

#1 Apr 4, 2008
wtf? why did you have to put "who was gay" ??

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#2 Apr 5, 2008
Amanda wrote:
wtf? why did you have to put "who was gay" ??
I'm guessing it's because the articles are on a gay friendly news site, and because the guy died in his partner's arms. The first article has the TV station as the "friend" because of their sensitive coverage of the tragic story. The second article has the school as the "foe" because they tried to ban a lesbian couple from attending the prom together. Hope that answers your question, although I can understand why you asked if you didn't read the articles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smedley's information about Skagway is incorrect (Sep '11) Oct '11 yadda 3
News Postcard from Skagway: Friend or Foe? (Aug '11) Aug '11 quit whining barry 1
News CIA boss: We didn't alert Pakistanis of plan be... (May '11) May '11 rider 5
News Doe Obama know the difference between his allie... (Mar '10) Mar '10 mtlonewolf 18
News Fluoride: Friend Or Foe? CBS-TV Atlanta (Mar '10) Mar '10 TheDentistReviews 3
News Sensory Overload: Local album reviews | Columbu... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Abra 1
News Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers Banning '... (Nov '08) Nov '09 Left Hooverville 405
More from around the web