Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers...

Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers Banning 'Christmas'

There are 405 comments on the www.christianpost.com story from Nov 17, 2008, titled Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers Banning 'Christmas'. In it, www.christianpost.com reports that:

There's a war on Christmas and Christians are drawing up the battlelines. Enlarge this Image The Best Buy store in Anchorage, Alaska Wednesday Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.christianpost.com.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

“Seek First! ”

Since: Mar 08

Woodstock, GA

#1 Nov 17, 2008
I'm in agreement. I say "Merry Christmas"!!!!

Since: Nov 07

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Yawn. I see the Funnymentalists are gearing up their annual fake war on Xmas campaign again.
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#3 Nov 17, 2008
Are the fundamental Christians so insecure in their faith that they must force it on others?
Jess

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Jesus Christ is the reason for the Season, whether they want to admit it or not.
believer

Downers Grove, IL

#5 Nov 17, 2008
Can't we for a moment consider what is in the person's heart and not necessarily what their words are? If a retailer says come to our Christmas sale, isn't he really not talking about Jesus but dollars? However, if I don't know you and don't know whether you are Christian or Jewish or Hindu or Muslim and I therefore wish you Happy Holidays, cannot I be meaning that in my heart whatever is special to you at this time of the season that is my wish to you.
Lurker

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 17, 2008
Christmas isn't the only holiday at that time of year. How would you like to be told Happy Hanukkah everytime you went to the store.

Since: Nov 07

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 17, 2008
Jess wrote:
Jesus Christ is the reason for the Season, whether they want to admit it or not.
Actually, it isn't. It's a pagan holiday, we call "Christian."
Kim

San Jose, CA

#9 Nov 18, 2008
Lurker wrote:
Christmas isn't the only holiday at that time of year. How would you like to be told Happy Hanukkah everytime you went to the store.
Actually, I'd probably return their greeting, and add "and Merry Christmas!". Hannukkah celebration preceded Christ's birth, and as we all know, is still observed even by Messianic Jews all over the world . If you knew what Hannukkah is and observes, you would probably be able to reply in turn ....just like you'd be able to say Merry Christmas. It is the observance of the Lord Jesus Christ's birth.(nope...not Santa, although I'd bet you still like to get presents, even if you deny the reason for the gifts is Christ, huh?)

It's funny how the Truth offends those who like to live in the dark of reletivism truth.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 18, 2008
I don't understand why Christian get so fired up over Christmas. It's a pagan holiday to begin with.
Ian

Cannock, UK

#11 Nov 18, 2008
I really like Christmas and I'm an Atheist. It would be a shame to lose the fun

Ava, MO

#12 Nov 18, 2008
Everyday is the Lord's. And rejoice therein!
Anndee

Coeur D Alene, ID

#14 Nov 20, 2008
Anndee

Coeur D Alene, ID

#15 Nov 20, 2008
These people have not only let their constituents down, but the American taxpayer!
This site has a list of phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for every state rep in the country.
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
Light Sensitive

Staten Island, NY

#16 Nov 20, 2008
theres christmas day. one day of religious observation, or so its supposed to be.

and than theres the Xmas season. which is not religious in any form.

the season is secular. the day, Dec 25th is the christian day of observation. no one, no retailer has to acknowledge that day in their marketing/sales promotions.

if christians would simply take back their holy day and stop participating, reveling in all the secular add-ons this wouldnt be a problem. the trees, the lights, the santa stuff, etc are secular add-ons, and are not, should not be viewed by christians as important to their holy day.

but instead chrsitians want to link the secular add-ons as a necessary part of their holy day. that without these add-ons their holy-day is being compromised. which if course it isnt.

that this topic keeps coming up proves how confused and off track most American christians truly are...re; their faith.

Since: Feb 08

Allentown

#17 Nov 20, 2008
The same thing happens every year. It's getting annoying. Christmas is a man made holiday created centuries ago to combat pagan holidays. There is nothing in the Bible that says celebrate Christmas. Jesus was not born in December. He may have been born in January, and there's speculation about this as well. The whole thing is a farce and an excuse for people to get drunk and eat like pigs. Bah Humbug!
Bud

Tallahassee, FL

#18 Nov 20, 2008
It is a fake controversy.

1noteasilyfooled

“Fundie SMACKER..”

Since: Mar 08

Sunshine city, St Petersburg

#19 Nov 20, 2008
Light Sensitive wrote:
and than theres the Xmas season. which is not religious in any form.
Oh c'mon light! They but up a manger scene!....LMAO
Nephilim

Altadena, CA

#20 Nov 20, 2008
Why is it that anyone who does not like people dissing God and/or Christianity are called fundies? That is not the definition of a fundie. That is simply using the term as an insult.

“so tell me......”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#21 Nov 20, 2008
A couple of years ago our local authority tried to ban a lot of the Christmas traditions.They wanted to call it Winterval and schools were discouraged from putting on nativity plays etc.
Many people complained about this but some of the main protesters were the local sikh community. Ironic isn't it?
Light Sensitive

Staten Island, NY

#22 Nov 20, 2008
1noteasilyfooled wrote:
<quoted text>Oh c'mon light! They but up a manger scene!....LMAO
and? does a fictional scene of any myth bother you? does it start to rock your disbelief? not mine. does a minorah?(sp?) personally, I could care less about either, or any other.

and right next to the manger they put a santa and wooden soldiers, and snowmen...and reindeer.

the point remains, theres the religious aspect, that is just one day, maybe tw if you include xmas eve, and the secular seasonal aspect.

I still find this a non-issue even for atheists, agnostics, etc. same as when christians protest halloween stuff. mystical mumbo-jumbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smedley's information about Skagway is incorrect (Sep '11) Oct '11 yadda 3
News Postcard from Skagway: Friend or Foe? (Aug '11) Aug '11 quit whining barry 1
News CIA boss: We didn't alert Pakistanis of plan be... (May '11) May '11 rider 5
News Doe Obama know the difference between his allie... (Mar '10) Mar '10 mtlonewolf 18
News Fluoride: Friend Or Foe? CBS-TV Atlanta (Mar '10) Mar '10 TheDentistReviews 3
News Sensory Overload: Local album reviews | Columbu... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Abra 1
News Justice Sotomayor - Friend or Foe? (Jul '09) Jul '09 writewingproxycontin 39
More from around the web