Justice Sotomayor - Friend or Foe?

Justice Sotomayor - Friend or Foe?

There are 39 comments on the queersunited.blogspot.com story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Justice Sotomayor - Friend or Foe?. In it, queersunited.blogspot.com reports that:

This week the senate held confirmation hearings on Judge Sotomayor who is widely expected to receive more than enough votes in the democratic controlled congress. Would a future Justice Sotomayor be positive or negative for LGBT equality?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at queersunited.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Flier

Louisville, CO

#3 Jul 18, 2009
Ah, the troll is back....Wil...we've missed your mindless and uneducated ramblings. The LGBT community WILL win its rightful place as equal members of society and you'll just have to find something else to cry about!
hoodathunkit

Marysville, OH

#4 Jul 18, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I know it's not right to laugh at the handicapped, but, in your case, I can't help myself. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2009
She's a federal judge so we can impeach her !

:)

She got the firemen's case wrong. She obviously believes in racial discrimination by her own words.

IMPEACH HER !

hoodathunkit

Marysville, OH

#6 Jul 18, 2009
I can't believe the nutjob's post disappeared. It was too funny. Blaming President Obama for the economy going sour. The man wasn't even in office when the ecomony turned sour. Leave it to the troll in Pekin,Il. to post utter nonsense.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Jul 18, 2009
I don't know who is crazier, "David" "Moore" or "Daniel" "P".

Praiz!
csw

United States

#8 Jul 18, 2009
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I don't know who is crazier, "David" "Moore" or "Daniel" "P".
Praiz!
agree with you... they both top the crazy scales..
I think we should "IMPEACH" Daniel P. That's always his answer for everything!! ;)

Long Island, NY

#9 Jul 18, 2009
csw wrote:
<quoted text>
agree with you... they both top the crazy scales..
I think we should "IMPEACH" Daniel P. That's always his answer for everything!! ;)
Its not my answer for everything. Just for Democrats.

tomas

United States

#10 Jul 18, 2009
I guess we shall have to wait and see; but it appears she was chosen because she will be compassionate and she certainly is intelligent. I would guess she will try and be fair. I hope so. We know of course that just being a minority herself does not mean much, since blacks have been pretty much turncoats themselves when it comes to rights for others.
unimpressed

Honolulu, HI

#11 Jul 18, 2009
Speaking in generalizations here, being Latino; therefore, catholic...I'm not expecting much support from her for the LGBT community particularly if she's orthodox. But I don't really know her religious affiliation so I'm probably speaking out my arse.
Jack

Hayward, CA

#12 Jul 18, 2009
hoodathunkit wrote:
I can't believe the nutjob's post disappeared. It was too funny. Blaming President Obama for the economy going sour. The man wasn't even in office when the ecomony turned sour. Leave it to the troll in Pekin,Il. to post utter nonsense.
I don't blame Obama for the economy going sour, that was the governments that preceded him--the Bush Administration and the Democratic Congress, and the Clinton Administration and Republican Congress before him, and before that.... I do blame Obama for making the economy much worse. Blaming Bush for creating the problem does not exempt Obama from making extremely enormous mistakes.

Since: Jan 07

Phoenix AZ

#13 Jul 18, 2009
We will have to wait and see.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#14 Jul 18, 2009
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame Obama for the economy going sour, that was the governments that preceded him--the Bush Administration and the Democratic Congress, and the Clinton Administration and Republican Congress before him, and before that.... I do blame Obama for making the economy much worse. Blaming Bush for creating the problem does not exempt Obama from making extremely enormous mistakes.
It is far, far too soon to tell if the Obama plan works or fails. You're in California which was going to hell in a hand basket regardless. You've foolishly spent your way into a black pit that only bankruptcy can dig you out of and then won't change unless you stop your foolish spending.
csw

Woolrich, PA

#15 Jul 18, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not my answer for everything. Just for Democrats.
What about Republicans, Green Party, Independents???
And from another forum... what 2 Democrats were impeached and how did it work???

Long Island, NY

#16 Jul 19, 2009
csw wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Republicans, Green Party, Independents???
And from another forum... what 2 Democrats were impeached and how did it work???
The TWO DEMOCRATIC Presidents impeached (I would assume EVERYONE over the age of 9 years old knows this !) were Johnson & Clinton.
csw

Woolrich, PA

#17 Jul 19, 2009
<quoted text>
The TWO DEMOCRATIC Presidents impeached (I would assume EVERYONE over the age of 9 years old knows this !) were Johnson & Clinton.
I already mentioned both of them in another post yesterday.
BTW, they were both acquitted by the Senate.
csw

Woolrich, PA

#18 Jul 19, 2009
<quoted text>
Check my post under the "Christine Quinn" heading from yesterday. It's #7.
hoodathunkit

Marysville, OH

#19 Jul 19, 2009
Why make such a big deal about Johnson and Clinton being impeached? Neither one was found guilty of anything and both were aquitted at trial. The impeachment process is basically a grand jury (house of congress) finding grounds for a trial. Both presidents were aquitted, as in, found not guilty, as in, the impeachment processes and trials were a political ruse that didn't work.

Long Island, NY

#20 Jul 19, 2009
hoodathunkit wrote:
Why make such a big deal about Johnson and Clinton being impeached? Neither one was found guilty of anything and both were aquitted at trial. The impeachment process is basically a grand jury (house of congress) finding grounds for a trial. Both presidents were aquitted, as in, found not guilty, as in, the impeachment processes and trials were a political ruse that didn't work.
Clinton plead guilty to committing perjury. That's a crime. He was stripped of his law license because of it.

Why can't you people admit that Clinton himself ADMITTED that he is a criminal ?!
csw

Woolrich, PA

#21 Jul 19, 2009
hoodathunkit wrote:
That is exactly the point I was trying to make to Daniel P!! Rather than learn to work with the system his solution to most problems is "impeach the bum". Not very helpful nor constructive.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#22 Jul 19, 2009
<quoted text>
when did the party of lincoln become democrats?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smedley's information about Skagway is incorrect (Sep '11) Oct '11 yadda 3
News Postcard from Skagway: Friend or Foe? (Aug '11) Aug '11 quit whining barry 1
News CIA boss: We didn't alert Pakistanis of plan be... (May '11) May '11 rider 5
News Doe Obama know the difference between his allie... (Mar '10) Mar '10 mtlonewolf 18
News Fluoride: Friend Or Foe? CBS-TV Atlanta (Mar '10) Mar '10 TheDentistReviews 3
News Sensory Overload: Local album reviews | Columbu... (Dec '09) Dec '09 Abra 1
News Christians Urged to Boycott Retailers Banning '... (Nov '08) Nov '09 Left Hooverville 405
More from around the web