'Focus on the Family' Files Colorado ...

'Focus on the Family' Files Colorado Ballot Initative To Allow...

There are 5 comments on the Towleroad story from Mar 15, 2012, titled 'Focus on the Family' Files Colorado Ballot Initative To Allow.... In it, Towleroad reports that:

On March 7, the Christianist Alliance Defense Fund sent a proposed ballot initative to he Colorado Legislative Council that would protect the rights of religious organizations or individuals to discriminate based on their beliefs, the Denver Post reports : The draft language states that government may not directly or indirectly burden a person or ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Towleroad.

“come to Richie,, ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 15, 2012
That will work great until it dont! That will work great until it wont! ah, in other words, stay out of politics, it makes you dirty like politics....

If not pay your taxes!

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#2 Mar 16, 2012
How novel (not)! A right wing bunch of christianist theocrats are trying once again to gain special rights to discriminate because their dogma says they should.

If this law were to pass I'll bet all the white supremacist "churches" (read the SPLC website) will be flocking to set up camp there. Just think! They'll be able to discriminate against Jews, Catholics and people of color because they can claim their religion demands it! To hell with those pesky nondiscrimination laws!

The sheer gall that people like this group have in pushing a bill like this is breathtaking. They're looking for special rights and they don't care who knows it!

Since: Apr 10

Williston, ND

#3 Mar 17, 2012
Emelye Waldherr wrote:
How novel (not)! A right wing bunch of christianist theocrats are trying once again to gain special rights to discriminate because their dogma says they should.
If this law were to pass I'll bet all the white supremacist "churches" (read the SPLC website) will be flocking to set up camp there. Just think! They'll be able to discriminate against Jews, Catholics and people of color because they can claim their religion demands it! To hell with those pesky nondiscrimination laws!
The sheer gall that people like this group have in pushing a bill like this is breathtaking. They're looking for special rights and they don't care who knows it!
I live in colorado if this passes ill start a buisness and fire anyone that is christian due to my religion saying "Do as thou will, and ye harm none" discrimnating based on sexual orentation or gender idenity is harming others, laws work both ways hehehe
Anne Ominous

Buffalo, NY

#4 Apr 10, 2012
A private employer should have every right to decide who and who not he wants working for him.

“Indeed, I am!”

Since: Feb 09

As if it mattered . . .

#5 Apr 11, 2012
Anne Ominous wrote:
A private employer should have every right to decide who and who not he wants working for him.
They pretty much do, Anne, except when the characteristic they are using falls under the state and federal nondiscrimination laws. Do you think it's right for an employer to fire people because they are attracted to the opposite sex? Should African American employers be able to refuse jobs to white people? Your statement says that you think these actions would be OK by you.

Special rights to unfairly discriminate, based on religious belief, in the public sphere are unacceptable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Focus on the Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Publisher of James Dobson, the anti-gay founder... Jul '17 TomInElPaso 22
News Pence visits Focus on Family amid change for re... Jun '17 cpeter1313 6
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... (Feb '17) Feb '17 scientia potentia... 1
News Give Monthly Help fund our ministry programs (Jan '17) Jan '17 Pray for polluters 1
News Paul Ryan promises hate group that he'll fight ... (Oct '12) Jan '16 Rose_NoHo 5,442
News James Dobson: 'We Lost Entire Culture War' With... (Dec '15) Dec '15 The Incredible In... 13
how to have a happy family (Sep '15) Sep '15 samkadya 1
More from around the web