Today's Events

Full story: The Morning Call
ART Antique Quilt Show and Sale: Pennsylvania quilts from the 1800s from the collection of Pat and Arlan Christ Noon-4 p.m. Tickets: $5; free, members. Full Story
working guy

Allentown, PA

#1 May 24, 2009
Here is a warning about Mayfair this year. Almost half of nearby Linden Street, Parkway Blvd, and Turner streets are sparsely and inadequately marked no parking zones. Allentown is doing cruel predatory ticketing around the Mayfair area. Don’t look for yellow painted curbs, many or even clear no parking zone signs because those would cut down on the city’s windfall profits from this blitz of money grubbing ticketing. I and hundreds if not thousands of people received parking tickets on Saturday while parking in what appeared to be legal curbside parking. Our family has been going to Mayfair from the first year and this was the first time I ran into anything like this. For years I have defended Allentown when people said to stay away from this City. It has become obvious that Allentown’s leadership wants to keep people away or they would not be setting up these parking ticket traps for families who just wanted to have fun at Mayfair. After this I would expect Mayfair will have a much smaller attendance in 2010 as who would want to come back after being treated like that?

Since: Mar 07

Bethlehem, PA

#2 May 24, 2009
If you get a ticket in an area with no signage, etc., take photos of it and bring them to court with you.

If enough people cram the courts with this, they'll have to relent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Film Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NYC New York Film Production Jobs - Acting, Ext... (Apr '09) Mar '13 jamesonaugust 2
Filming in a rickshaw (Mar '13) Mar '13 jamesonaugust 1
10 Most Beautiful Celebrities of The World (Nov '11) Nov '11 aslum 3
Film follows aspiring rock stars on trip across... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Dave 1
ITSA Film Fest is back, bigger and better in 2011 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Yvette 1
J.C. "Coach" Collins considers himself an urban... (Oct '06) May '11 Steve McIntire 11
Arts / Entertainment in Australia - abol - Melb... (Oct '09) Oct '09 greg sandler melb... 2

Film People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE