Swamp pop pioneer Bobby Charles dies

Swamp pop pioneer Bobby Charles dies

There are 4 comments on the Theadvertiser.com The Advertiser Lafayette news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Lafayette, Louisiana story from Jan 15, 2010, titled Swamp pop pioneer Bobby Charles dies. In it, Theadvertiser.com The Advertiser Lafayette news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Lafayette, Louisiana reports that:

Swamp pop legend Robert "Bobby" Charles Guidry, who penned hits such as "Walking to New Orleans" and "See You Later Alligator," died Thursday after collapsing at his home near Abbeville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Theadvertiser.com The Advertiser Lafayette news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Lafayette, Louisiana.

buddy pere

Patterson, LA

#1 Jan 15, 2010
Bobby will be missed,he had so much talant and more.I grew next door to him in the 60`s-70`s. He had 4 sons guy, barry,robert jr. & mark. I will always remember him as a great song writer,and a great singer and a great friend... BUDDY PERE KICKIN` KAJUN SEASONINGS COMPANY ABBEVILLE LOUISIANA
Allen Dupree

Rayville, LA

#2 Jan 15, 2010
Went to school with Bobby and danced to his music back in the 50s.Drank a few beers with him and loved all his music. Can you believe Kris Kristofferson recorded one of his songs "Tennessee Blues"? Got one of his CDs "Last Train to Memphis". He was at Woodstock with The Band. His song on The Last Waltz was cut. He performed with Dr. John there. Wish he would have continued to do live performances.

We still have your music and your memorys, but we will miss you RIP.
peanut gallery

Patterson, LA

#3 Jan 15, 2010
RIP Bobby,...talk about the real deal, a genuine one of a kind. You will be missed.

See you later, Alligator!
do the right thing

Kaplan, LA

#4 Jan 16, 2010
There was much talent in our midst with Bobby Charles Guidry. He was an immense talent yet was a simple man who wanted peace. To anyone wanting to read more of Bobby Charles, the Times Picayune had an excellent article on him the day he died which can be looked up on the internet. I only wish his hometown paper would have honored him in such a way with more information about him--he could have taken up the whole front page. I disliked reading the misinformation in the Meridional of that he lived in Cameron before Rita destroyed his place. He actually lived in Holly Beach.
Well, Bobby Charles will live on in the songs he sang and wrote. Also, his presence will be felt by him simply having been here on earth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fats Domino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fats Domino Fast Facts (Feb '15) Feb '15 Roberto 1
News Fats Domino to rock Fat City (Jan '14) Feb '14 Jelte 2
News Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honors Fats Domino, ... (Aug '10) Feb '12 Gerald Sundberg 3
News Fats how Domino invented rock'n'roll (Jun '07) Sep '11 Michelle 3
alive (May '11) May '11 stringabeads 1
record disc defect (Oct '10) Feb '11 Jeff Cramer 2
News Tim Grobaty: Rock 'n' roll has evolved, and so ... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Dwight K Snider 1
More from around the web