FBI: Fake doctor held in toxin sting

FBI: Fake doctor held in toxin sting

There are 24 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jun 30, 2008, titled FBI: Fake doctor held in toxin sting. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Federal authorities on Monday charged a Lake in the Hills man with possession of a pufferfish toxin in an amount that one expert said could kill almost 100 people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obviously

Cary, IL

#21 Jul 1, 2008
South Side Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that was very unnessary to post! Why to people always have to post that crap??
Lena... that must mean your mexican or an arab? Should I start on that?
But I'm not gonna bring myself down to your level!!!
You already did!

And, just for the record, I'm glad someone caught this guy before he did someone in.
Question

Wheeling, IL

#22 Jul 1, 2008
What did he do with the other 50 grams? Thats what I want to know.
Mathematician

Naperville, IL

#23 Jul 1, 2008
It's illegal to be in possession of more than 100 mg. With a shipment of 98 mg, and a history of previous orders from another lab, it's possible they found two or three additional mg lying around the house. Even though they reported on finding empty vials, and this shipment of 98 mg was under the 100 mg limit, we shouldn't assume they released all of the details to the media.
Q from James Bond series

United States

#24 Jul 1, 2008
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar wrote:
I brought a load os sushi, took it home, and tried to squeeze toxin out of it.
I guess I go the wrong kind. Tuna juice doesn't seem to harm anyone. I'm a lousy terrorist.
Tuna juice might harm your wallet. And yes, you're a lousy terrorist for posting your full legal name!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fake? Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pitched fight against fake news takes shape (Dec '16) Feb 11 C Kersey 46
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study (Dec '16) Jun '17 C Kersey 58
News Fake drugs bought on the web pose big health risks (Jan '10) Jan '16 Casey 24
News At Anti-Bullying Conference, Middle Schoolers L... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Pattysboi 34
karen millen (Jan '11) Nov '14 scuggy 29
how to buy high quality brands bags online? (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent 1
News Fake book in 'Sex and the City' movie inspires ... (Jun '08) May '14 akai12911 2
More from around the web