Fake pot, real danger

Fake pot, real danger

There are 145 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Fake pot, real danger. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

"It wasn't worth it," said 14-year-old Sam Huberty, photographed with his mom, Stacy Huberty, at their home in Hastings on Wednesday September 15, 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Zach

White Plains, NY

#1 Sep 18, 2010
So if people get messed up when they huff gasoline, lets ban that too. People should be held accountable for their actions. WOW
RJS

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2010
Don't trust new drugs. Whether it's cooked up by some back-alley scientist or Pfizer-supported scientist, you can never tell what those drugs really do.

I don't do drugs myself, but I'd feel a heckuva lot better using stuff that's been around for ages to get my rocks off.
God Smokes

Champlin, MN

#3 Sep 18, 2010
Zach wrote:
So if people get messed up when they huff gasoline, lets ban that too. People should be held accountable for their actions. WOW
Takes one to know one. Have you try paint in a spray can lately?
Zach

White Plains, NY

#6 Sep 18, 2010
God Smokes wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes one to know one. Have you try paint in a spray can lately?
You must this kids mom or dad.
Zach

White Plains, NY

#7 Sep 18, 2010
You must be this kid's mom or dad.
RJS

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2010
That Itch wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd reccomend a women for you.
And I would recommend spell check for you.
teri

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 18, 2010
You know what DOESN'T make you sick? REAL pot! Just legalize it already!! If weed was legal this kid (and a good many others) would not even be interested in fake pot!
dave

Apo, AE

#10 Sep 18, 2010
Darwinism...thats all
All the Answers

New Prague, MN

#11 Sep 19, 2010
The kid looks like a dope, I think its funny how you acknowledge it when it turns bad but you wouldn't have heard a peep from the kid if it worked well. You can tell by his actions now and obviously in the past, this kid is trouble. I feel for the mom. To bad he's only 14, if he was older at least he could be locked up for awhile. This is a certain case of which you can see the writing on the wall. I will tell you now, no therapy is going to help this kid. Obviously he knows what he's doing and can tell he is sneaky, or slippery, you choose the term.
jerry

Siren, WI

#12 Sep 19, 2010
let them do it all they want its not hurting you we need to get out of there lives
OLDTIMER

United States

#13 Sep 19, 2010
Don't bother banning it, put a 5000 % tax on it, when sold to the retailer.They will quit buying and stocking it. All you semi adults in diapers out there, protesting banning this product, need to understand that in the early 1900's heroin and cocaine were all available, over the counter in drug stores, Folks at the time, claimed they promoted good health and had a calming effect, while restoring good color. There have always been snake oil salesmen, so just tax the heck out of the modern version!
morons around us

Stillwater, MN

#15 Sep 19, 2010
OLDTIMER wrote:
Don't bother banning it, put a 5000 % tax on it, when sold to the retailer.They will quit buying and stocking it. All you semi adults in diapers out there, protesting banning this product, need to understand that in the early 1900's heroin and cocaine were all available, over the counter in drug stores, Folks at the time, claimed they promoted good health and had a calming effect, while restoring good color. There have always been snake oil salesmen, so just tax the heck out of the modern version!
Hey foolish person......your idea for government regulation worked so well with alcohol prohibition (made a fortune for the Mob and the Kennedy family!), and with the "war on drugs".....good idea dumbo
Drunkoncouch

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 19, 2010
OK, where is the father? The mother is a licensed nurse so we know she is rarely around to watch her kids. I think we can honestly blame the parent(s) on this one.
This kid is obviously not ready to quit smoking and drug treatment has a 95% failure rate.
Cruella de Ville

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Sep 19, 2010
Sounds like the stuff could be a culling of the herd, in terms of gene pool pollution.
Tony

Lakefield, MN

#18 Sep 19, 2010
Sure let the kids smoke the stuff. This will clear out the gene pool. If we let the stupid weed them selves out it leaves more for the smarter ones. It is not worth the time or resources to waist on these people.
angel

Chanhassen, MN

#19 Sep 19, 2010
it sad people to hurt on addict god going work our plan
Bob White

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2010
One more reason to legalize marijuana.
WTF

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Sep 19, 2010
"it sad people to hurt on addict god going work our plan ......"
I read this. Then re-read this and once again. Still no idea what is meant by it. Try again when you're not high.
bill

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Sep 19, 2010
one look at this loser kid tells the whole story , now and in the future.
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Sep 19, 2010
morons around us wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foolish person......your idea for government regulation worked so well with alcohol prohibition (made a fortune for the Mob and the Kennedy family!), and with the "war on drugs".....good idea dumbo
Take the illegal money out of it and quit supporting the criminal enterprise. Let the Govt regulate it the same way they do beer, whiskey and the Big Pharmacuetical. Grow your own 2 plants in the bsmt without fear of reprisal. Break the Drug cartels and put the drug warriors back in low cost consumer goods manufacturing, agriculture and construction. Production, not war!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fake? Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study (Dec '16) Jun '17 C Kersey 58
News Pitched fight against fake news takes shape (Dec '16) Dec '16 Le Jimbo 45
News Fake drugs bought on the web pose big health risks (Jan '10) Jan '16 Casey 24
News At Anti-Bullying Conference, Middle Schoolers L... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Pattysboi 34
karen millen (Jan '11) Nov '14 scuggy 29
how to buy high quality brands bags online? (Aug '14) Aug '14 vincent 1
News Fake book in 'Sex and the City' movie inspires ... (Jun '08) May '14 akai12911 2
More from around the web