New technology can turn iPod into rec...

New technology can turn iPod into receiver

There are 2 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Jun 21, 2010, titled New technology can turn iPod into receiver. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

As the Everclear song says, "Yeah, you could hear the music on the AM radio." The lyrics, from the song "AM Radio," are in reference to the days when AM was the popular band for listening to music; more specifically, it harkens back to the days when you could carry a portable AM transistor radio with you and listen to your favorite music.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

Lyle Kellogg

Menifee, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2010
Just another scam to get your money. Just go out and find a Walkman or an AM FM Radio and listen for free. Oops. Cable TV came out when they started said no commercials. Now today you pay for them. Oops. I'm tired of being scammed.
Greg

AOL

#2 Jun 21, 2010
"The Dark Secret iBiquity Doesn't Want You to Know"

"Hot in the news is a new patent application from Apple for what has been portrayed as HD Radio capability in iPods or possibly even iPhones. What's left out of the news is one important point: We're talking about an accessory here - not a core functional piece of the iPod hardware. That's abundantly clear from the title of Apple's application and completely missed by most of the radio industry trades."

http://tinyurl.com/3xalhs5

Sorry, Richard - this was jsut an update patent concerning HD/RDS tagging. Nothing more but hype from the Press.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everclear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News App will turn your iPhone into a transistor radio (Jun '10) Jun '10 Rene 3
News Live's Kowalczyk, a York native, flies solo at ... (Oct '09) Oct '09 observer 30
News Five bands, five bucks (May '09) May '09 loveestacada 1
News Everclear's Art Alexakis Starts From Scratch Wi... (Aug '06) Aug '06 VeeJay 1
More from around the web