old story
andy ashenhurst

Izhevsk, Russia

#1 Apr 16, 2008
My Eric Burdon story goes like this. In the summer of 1967 I was working as a ship's steward on a Dover/Zeebrugge cross channel ferry. One night Eric and his new wife(a black lady)came aboard at Zeebrugge in a white MGB. The ship was pretty empty with only a dozen passengers. I served Eric and his wife drinks on the 4 hour trip to Dover. They invited me to share a drink. This was great, I spent hours chatting with them. I also got a bit drunk and when we got to Dover I was sacked for not attending to other passengers. I wasn't worried, it was only a summer job, and I had got to know one of my musical heroes. 40 years on I now work as a psychology lecturer at the University of Kent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eric Burdon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boxed sets: Sumptuous musical gifts for the hol... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Maria Waters 1
News A conversation with Eric Burdon (May '10) May '10 Allan 3
News Once Again PBS Solicits Donations With Che Guevara (Aug '07) Aug '07 Santiago 1
Eric Burdon Feb '06 Dave 1
More from around the web