Next Last
phyco

UK

#2 Aug 22, 2006
my best eminem song has to be my name is
Amityville

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2006
I can't decide something like that because he covers so many life topics. I love all of his sh!t becuse no matter WHAT I'm going through, it seems like there's always SOMETHING from him I can chill to...whether it's about money, bullying, kids, drugs, alcohol, joking, vengeance, women, x-wives, abusive parents, stealing, losing it, isolation, partying, self-esteem, just plain old not giving a F*CK!....the list goes on and on....

I can't decide....love it all
Miguel

Santo Tirso, Portugal

#4 Aug 23, 2006
com´on!!!
´till I collapse is the best eminem song ever!!!!

and encore
and sing for the moment and stan and yellow brick road
thats my top 5
lolz
ENDrhymE

Moldova

#5 Aug 23, 2006
1:loose urself
2:soldier
3rabbit run
3:the sauce
4the real slim shady
shady08

Romania

#6 Aug 23, 2006
i love all his songs...all of them...but i do have a softspot 4 LOSE YOURSELF... :)
shady08

Romania

#7 Aug 23, 2006
ps: lets make a top 5 :)
1 Lose Yourself
2 Till i Colapse
3 Crazy in Love
4 Cleaning out my closet
5 Mocking Bird
Ames

Perth, Australia

#8 Aug 23, 2006
I've usually got strong reasons (or morals if you choose) for the songs I like, but to make a top 5 is gonna be difficult, but I'll try...

5. Superman. This one because the lyrics are creative, sacarstic and witty, and more to the point, funny in a sick and twisted anti-love song way.

4. Rock Bottom. This song reminds me of days when I was going through a REAL rough patch in my life, infact, I listened to this song so much after my daughters passed away, it almost drove me to the point of just saying 'fuck it' and doing something really stupid to get locked up for a LONG time, thankfully, I came to my senses, I don't listen to it much anymore, due to the fact it tends to bring back up memories, but it's still one of my saviors in a weird kind of way.

3. If I Had. Mainly because I can relate to this song soooo much. Sure, people say you should always count your blessing rather than the things you don't have, but sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit down, I can't really count that many blessings in my life. So it's always comes down to "If only I Had..." Etc.

2. Soldier. This song Is one of my favorite motivators, when I'm in a shitty mood, or someone stresses me out, this song always picks me up and puts me right back into the driver's seat of self-control and keeps me going.

1. Hailie's Song. The loving show of a parent to his child, that no matter what goes on in adult life, you can look into the innocent eyes of a child that loves you with regret and everything seems to fade away, it's a beautiful ballad, despite the fact that the singing is obviously done by someone who is completely tone-deaf when it comes to properly singing, which adds to the fact he'd irritate a few hundred (on in his case, millions) ears to show the owrld how much he loves his daughter, it's gorgeous. That and for the personal reasons it was the sog I was listening to while dancing with my daughter just a few months before she passed and said her first word. So this song will always hold a special place in my heart.

Erica

UK

#9 Aug 23, 2006
Ames wrote:
I've usually got strong reasons (or morals if you choose) for the songs I like, but to make a top 5 is gonna be difficult, but I'll try...
5. Superman. This one because the lyrics are creative, sacarstic and witty, and more to the point, funny in a sick and twisted anti-love song way.
4. Rock Bottom. This song reminds me of days when I was going through a REAL rough patch in my life, infact, I listened to this song so much after my daughters passed away, it almost drove me to the point of just saying 'fuck it' and doing something really stupid to get locked up for a LONG time, thankfully, I came to my senses, I don't listen to it much anymore, due to the fact it tends to bring back up memories, but it's still one of my saviors in a weird kind of way.
3. If I Had. Mainly because I can relate to this song soooo much. Sure, people say you should always count your blessing rather than the things you don't have, but sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit down, I can't really count that many blessings in my life. So it's always comes down to "If only I Had..." Etc.
2. Soldier. This song Is one of my favorite motivators, when I'm in a shitty mood, or someone stresses me out, this song always picks me up and puts me right back into the driver's seat of self-control and keeps me going.
1. Hailie's Song. The loving show of a parent to his child, that no matter what goes on in adult life, you can look into the innocent eyes of a child that loves you with regret and everything seems to fade away, it's a beautiful ballad, despite the fact that the singing is obviously done by someone who is completely tone-deaf when it comes to properly singing, which adds to the fact he'd irritate a few hundred (on in his case, millions) ears to show the owrld how much he loves his daughter, it's gorgeous. That and for the personal reasons it was the sog I was listening to while dancing with my daughter just a few months before she passed and said her first word. So this song will always hold a special place in my heart.
omg this is really sad you made me cry! and im really really sorry for what happened to your daughter may God be with you
Amityville

United States

#10 Aug 23, 2006
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. Em's sh!t is deep and raw in so many ways and not enough people give him credit. But hey, that's the way it goes these days and he feeds off it anyways. They're haterz and he loves a challenge. No wonder he hasn't been in the spotlight as much as he used to be (besides personal matters). He doesn't have any competition worth battling. But he'll be back to show all the wannabe's who's the illest.

-Peace-
Melissa

Mission, Canada

#11 Aug 24, 2006
That's amazing Ames, you truley have a way with words and helping them be understood by others in a deep, heavy hearted way. I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter, I can't imagine what that kind of pain would have felt like.You must be an extremely strong human being. God Bless you!

As for me and choosing my top 5 songs.....that is sincerly too difficult. Some days I'm in more of a "Superman, 97' Bonnie and clyde" humourous mood, and other days my motives shift and I'm in more of a calm "Mockingbird, Hailies Song" mood. But honestly, each and every one of his songs get through to me more than any other rappers songs have. He's really a giant in the Hip-hop/Rap world. When I'm upset, I know that I can put one of his CD's on and the lyrics will never change on me...he is never able to disapoint me, like others have in my life. He is my hero above all.
R.I.P Proof xoxo
Ames

Perth, Australia

#12 Aug 24, 2006
Melissa wrote:
That's amazing Ames, you truley have a way with words and helping them be understood by others in a deep, heavy hearted way. I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter, I can't imagine what that kind of pain would have felt like.You must be an extremely strong human being. God Bless you!
As for me and choosing my top 5 songs.....that is sincerly too difficult. Some days I'm in more of a "Superman, 97' Bonnie and clyde" humourous mood, and other days my motives shift and I'm in more of a calm "Mockingbird, Hailies Song" mood. But honestly, each and every one of his songs get through to me more than any other rappers songs have. He's really a giant in the Hip-hop/Rap world. When I'm upset, I know that I can put one of his CD's on and the lyrics will never change on me...he is never able to disapoint me, like others have in my life. He is my hero above all.
R.I.P Proof xoxo
Thank You Melissa, and Rosy. I wasn't really trying to score points or anything by typing what I did, it was more to explain my feelings of why the songs meant what they did to me. And yes, it is hard and difficult, and most people say you get over it and move on without the pain, but you don't. You just learn to live with it. As for me being a strong person, i wouldn't go that far as to saying I am, I dealt with it harshly, like any other person would in that situation, but you get through it somehow I find, I did. Although I'm still not sure how, still trying to figure THAT one out. LOL.

And without sounding cold, or harsh. I'm glad you do not know my pain, and I pray that you never will, or anybody else. So in turn, God bless you, for the rest of your days.

And as for having a way with words, thank you again. I try to see things in a logical way and see everyone's point of view, even celebrities (as long as their point of views aren't involving eating your girlfriend's placenta -I'm looking at you, Tom Cruise. UGH!)

But yes, I'm the same, I have days where I'm in different moods for different songs. I think everybody is like that. If I can relate to it, if it moves me, I'll listen to it, depends what the situation is I'm in, and what I'm feeling at the time. Me being an electic person who likes all types of music, I can appreiciate that aspect in all genre's.(Well, most genre's, I still don't see the point of Heavy Death Metal and Techno.) I love my music, I pratically live by it, there's never a day that goes by where I'll be in any mood to not listen to music, I think it's because it can take you to another place for just a short time. Sure, T.V, video games and whatever else can help for a short time, but music does it for me, as corny as that sounds. LOL.

But I think you ended it quite well there Melissa. You also have a way with words it seems. ;) So I'll end this with following your heartfelt example.

R.I.P Deshaun Dupree Holton. May you rest in peace with God and watch over us with love. May your music live on for generations and touch and inspire millions more. You really are the "Living Proof". We miss you, and we love you.
Missy

Sacramento, CA

#13 Aug 24, 2006
The best song he has ever made is Fack!!!!!!!!
Melissa

Mission, Canada

#14 Aug 25, 2006
It was good to hear from you Ames:) Thank you for that kind reply, and I enjoy your sence of humour.(Tom Cruise) LOL I wish you the best, and keep those eminem songs a playin':P Love, Melissa

R.I.P. Proof xoxox
Amityville

United States

#15 Aug 25, 2006
Missy wrote:
The best song he has ever made is Fack!!!!!!!!
SHOVE A GERBIL IN YOUR ASS THROUGH A TUBE....LoL...that's funny sh!t
Hailie

Venezuela

#16 Aug 30, 2006
I'm Back and this is...

My Top Ten

1. Mockingbird
2. Lose Yourself
3. Hailie's Song
4. 97 Bonnie & Clyde
5. Superman
6. Sing 4 the moment
7. Crazy in Love
8. When I'm Gone
9. Like Toy Soldiers
10.Kim

well i luv 'em all... all eminem's songs r just great!!! he's the best...

Take care

Luv Y'all
Cal

Littleton, WV

#17 Aug 30, 2006
Definately gotta be "Bad Infuence" the tongue twistin lyrics are mad on that track, "Renegade": he gave jay z a whole lot more than lyrical competition and proess he ruled the track! And lastly "Soldier": I mean just listen to what the hell he's sayin and how he's sayin it! No other rapper on God's green earth could surpass that.
Jens aka JNS

Denmark

#18 Dec 15, 2006
I have 5 songs that i would like to put to the front, it's however just some of the enormous bunch of good songs.
5. Till I Collapse
4. Under The Influence (basically for it's comedic value).
3. Without Me
2. Stan (just listen to how casual those rhymes are spit)
1. Lose Yourself (Em's best flow ever, and some of the best lyrics)
zach langstroth

Halifax, Canada

#19 Dec 27, 2006
1:lose yourself
2:when im gone
3:you dont know
4:go to sleep
5:just lose it
Amanda

Edmonton, Canada

#20 Dec 27, 2006
I could listen to any of Eminem's songs at any time and be drawn in fully. He is truly the most skilled rapper out there. I do listen to other rappers but I always go running back to Eminem because he really is the best in the business. No other rapper varies so much in subject matter, spits rhymes in such a completely unique way, with lyrics to stop your heart. He is 100% the best and because he is white not many people have the guts to admit it. Well I do. I embrace Shady fully.

*** As for my favorite slim songs, well it would look a bit stupid for me to do a list because there'd be about thirty songs on it ******* I guess it really depends on my mood, what Eminem songs I listen to.

P.S. Noel Gallagher, out of the band Oasis (I know, I hadn't heard of them either) says that
"Eminem is a fu_cking idiot". And you know what? I'm laughing.

F_uck this sure is a long post, and I didn't even put in my favorite Eminem songs.
Peace Out Rabbit.
Gangta Girl

Arnprior, Canada

#21 Dec 28, 2006
I Love: Loose Yourself, Stan, Superman, Toy Soldiers, Kill You, Bodyguard, Till I Collapse, Just Lose It, Forgot About Dre and Guilty Conscience! I LOVE ALL EMINEM'S SONGS AND HIM!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eminem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jenny Risher's "D-Cyphered" documents Detroit's... Jan 4 lol 1
News Music News Eminem once gifted Elton John a pair... Dec '17 Music and Hope 6
eminem announcement Nov '17 cobra7 1
message boards that dont let you post without l... Nov '17 meh 2
crap and rap Oct '17 chuck smacker 1
How hot is Eminem? (Jan '06) Oct '17 daddy 450
Doesn't Live In Detroit Anymore! (Dec '06) Sep '17 Knowbettee 100
More from around the web