We Liked It Better When We Didn't Know Who Tyler The Creator Was

Aug 30, 2011 Read more: www.queerty.com 9

Maybe we're old farts, but we had never heard of rapper Tyler the Creator before his appearance Sunday night on MTV's Video Music Awards .

Turns out Tyler, who did an awkward on-stage dance with Seth Rogan, Will Ferrell and Jack Black—and nabbed the coveted Best New Artist Award—dropped the F-bomb (that’s “faggot,” FYI, not “fuck”) an impressive 213 times on his sophomore album, Goblin.

And people say rap isn’t eloquent.

Read more

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Aug 30, 2011
Why is anyone surprised? Rap is the haven for non-talented morons who play tough and talk trash. It's not like they will be remembered in 10 years or so.

I guess if he's willing to toss out the f-word, then when we talk to him, we should reciprocate with the n-word.
Federalist

Mayer, MN

#2 Aug 30, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why is anyone surprised? Rap is the haven for non-talented morons who play tough and talk trash. It's not like they will be remembered in 10 years or so.
I guess if he's willing to toss out the f-word, then when we talk to him, we should reciprocate with the n-word.
That's incredibly racist.
But you knew that, unless you're stupid. Very much an alternate distinct possibility.

Indianapolis

#3 Aug 30, 2011
Of course it's racist--that's the IDEA, you idiot. If he is willing to use epithets concerning gays--OUR group--then it should be just as fair to use epithets to him concerning HIS group affiliation.
Federalist wrote:
<quoted text>That's incredibly racist.
But you knew that, unless you're stupid. Very much an alternate distinct possibility.
KMX

Austin, TX

#4 Aug 31, 2011
Who? And what is this "MTV Video Music Award" of which they write?
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 31, 2011
Federalist wrote:
<quoted text>That's incredibly racist.
I just read this post twice and it doesn't look like you brought up the distinct possibility that the previous poster is saying, What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You make no mention of the fact that the rapper is incredibly, even viciously and hatefully anti-gay.

You omit the fact that the same free speech umbrella that protects the rapper protects everyone else.

That's the same free speech umbrella that allows me to make fun of the anti-gay for crying, like you do, about the rights which gay people do have. All the anti-gay do is cry and sob about it, turning their shaking, tear-stained faces to the pro-gay to be spit on again.

If someone like you wants to stop being regarded as such as crybaby and a pussy, stop crying about the rights they've achieved. And stop pretending you can criticize racism while pretending it's not *exactly* the same as being anti-gay -- which it is, of course.

Just because the nation kicked you in the face when it made violence against gay people a federal hate crime law, don't cry about it like a pussy. Just because New York kicked you in the face when it began to recognize same-sex marriages is no reason for you to act like a dumbass with no moral compass whatsoever -- which you are.

The anti-gay want special rights. In America, we're all created equally. Stop acting like a whore for satan just because you can't force the nation to give you special rights, you goddamn filthy anti-American Nazi.

See? Free speech works both ways. You speak your mind, and I *promise between you, me and god* that I will speak mine. I consider it a pro-American and a moral imperative to protect the disadvantaged, and gay people are disadvantaged. If you don't like my classification of them, go to Iraq and get the hell out of America. There, the pro-gay don't have the same right to answer you back like I just did ...

... pussy.

Thanks for reading.
hi hi

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Aug 31, 2011
What people like you hate, "federalist," is that you cannot silence others. That the pro-gay can take these matters to court. That they can take them to the government. That they can seek redress.

If you don't like the United States constitution, go move to Iraq.*shrug* You're an infection in America, a worthless drag upon resources and the cherished principle of freedom.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#7 Aug 31, 2011
Just remember one thing, Tyler the Creator is nothing. It's his double-thinking, applauding audience that should be observed.
It's as Truman Capote once said, "No matter how liberal you think people are, as soon as you leave the room, you're 'that f---ing pervert'."

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#8 Aug 31, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
Half of these little thugs end up in jail or shot dead on the street. Let's sit back and observe how fast he ends up falling to one of the above.

I'm disappointed in Seth Roagn and Jack Black. Will Ferrell is a tool anyway. I sometimes feel the whole country is being "nice" to him for some reason, possibly because they all feel sorry for him.

Indianapolis

#9 Aug 31, 2011
Ferrell always reminded me of that kid in class who tries really, really hard but just can't understand the day's lesson, so they give him credit for showing up.
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Half of these little thugs end up in jail or shot dead on the street. Let's sit back and observe how fast he ends up falling to one of the above.
I'm disappointed in Seth Roagn and Jack Black. Will Ferrell is a tool anyway. I sometimes feel the whole country is being "nice" to him for some reason, possibly because they all feel sorry for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eminem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Eminem sick? (Feb '06) Apr 12 lil vicious 110
News the Best Rapper Ever: Eminem vs. 2Pac (Aug '09) Mar 28 ianoc27 235
Doesn't Live In Detroit Anymore! (Dec '06) Mar 24 rstinger8373 82
eminem smoke cigarretes?????? (Sep '06) Mar '15 kieran bowers 64
How hot is Eminem? (Jan '06) Feb '15 Shadysgirl 447
News Rapper Drake drops surprise album Feb '15 TheAfroHedgehog 2
This Letter Must be sent to eminem (Nov '06) Dec '14 Mida-Y 89
More from around the web