What elvis decade you love best 50's ...

What elvis decade you love best 50's , 60's or 70's

Posted in the Elvis Presley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Life ! what does it mean?”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 May 27, 2010
What Elvis period you love the most, the young repellent in the 50's,or the romantic movie period in the 60's or the Concert flashy period in the 70's.
I know they are all awesome! but please choose your favorite!
gracelandgroupie

Siloam Springs, AR

#2 May 27, 2010
The 60's love all those love ballads and the comeback. Of course in my opnion he was never gone !
nina

Ottawa, Canada

#3 May 27, 2010
50's rocker

at his edgiest and unclassifiable and untouchable
candysvett2

AOL

#4 May 27, 2010
I liked them all,
each one brought forth a different part of his life as he aged.

Even right before his death,,,he was incredible...he still had it..even until the end..
nina wrote:
50's rocker
at his edgiest and unclassifiable and untouchable
nina

Ottawa, Canada

#5 May 27, 2010
candysvett2 wrote:
I liked them all,
each one brought forth a different part of his life as he aged.
Even right before his death,,,he was incredible...he still had it..even until the end..
<quoted text>
true, that last performance of Hurt

his voice blew the roof off and still today sends chills down my spine

I heard a sung/spoken word version he did of "America" on his 76 tours - and even though I am not an American, I was swept up by the extreme patriotism and emotion he poured into the performance

Location hidden

#6 May 28, 2010
What do you think about this

http://elvis-presley1.blogspot.com/
candysvett2

AOL

#7 May 28, 2010
I agree with most of it,,but people are pre-disposed to addiction, and I think he was.

I think had he gotten himself more involved in his business matters, hands-on, he would have been in control and would have seen more of what was going on.

I don't think the MM manipulated so much as the colonel...as certain member of that MM are STILL manipulating him through priscilla. Just take a look at the ones who are still in with her.
esposito, schilling, klein....'nuf said?

I think things were about too end, the boys were about to go,,but Elvis died...he was 'growing up', so to speak and he was changing,,but he just didn't make it.
I wish he had
Elvis Biggest Fan wrote:

Location hidden

#8 May 28, 2010
candysvett2 wrote:
I agree with most of it,,but people are pre-disposed to addiction, and I think he was.
I think had he gotten himself more involved in his business matters, hands-on, he would have been in control and would have seen more of what was going on.
I don't think the MM manipulated so much as the colonel...as certain member of that MM are STILL manipulating him through priscilla. Just take a look at the ones who are still in with her.
esposito, schilling, klein....'nuf said?
I think things were about too end, the boys were about to go,,but Elvis died...he was 'growing up', so to speak and he was changing,,but he just didn't make it.
I wish he had
<quoted text>
Do you mean they maniulated him more than the colonel and still?
they sure had great benefit for it.

He was letting them go at the end, and that what caused Elvis what happened! this hurt him so much.
gracelandgroupie

Siloam Springs, AR

#9 May 28, 2010
Elvis Biggest Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean they maniulated him more than the colonel and still?
they sure had great benefit for it.
He was letting them go at the end, and that what caused Elvis what happened! this hurt him so much.
You are right on the nose!!!!! And this article is to.
Pauleyh

Toledo, OH

#10 Feb 11, 2013
all decades were good but i'd say his most successful was the 60's i think his best songs were from the 60's
Lee

Sherman Oaks, CA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
The 6os were the best. And the blogspot was right.
Dennis Hauser

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2013
Elvis Biggest Fan wrote:
Very nice. I enjoyed the pics and wish there were more!
Judy

Peru

#14 Jun 8, 2013
lo mejor de Elvis de los aņos 50 buenas canciones y parte de los 60 y 70 buenas interpretaciones.
sylvia davis

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jan 11, 2014
I love Elvis n I'm 18 yrs old! I think the best Elvis era was the 70s! Cuz boy he had more songs tht touch ur heart n his voice was more mature n sound like he was using his real voice. Elvis was sick but he was always a sad guy. I love the different color jumpsuit!
M-train

Albertville, AL

#16 Jan 14, 2014
I'm going to go out against the grain, and say the 70's.

His voice had matured, and he had a style that is unmatched even today. I mean nobody had the stage presence he had back then. Hell, he was 10ft tall when he walked out on stage.

I know people give Elvis a lot of grief about those costumes, and ham hock sideburns, but what they don't realize is that stuff was in style back then. Take a look at Freddie Mercury, Zeppelin, Sweet, and other groups from the 70's. They all had outlandish outfits.

Were Elvis still around, and performing [and honestly with this Jon Cotner business going on, he just might be] he would have changed his style to something more conventional.
Dennis Hauser

Peoria, IL

#17 Jan 15, 2014
M-train wrote:
I'm going to go out against the grain, and say the 70's.
His voice had matured, and he had a style that is unmatched even today. I mean nobody had the stage presence he had back then. Hell, he was 10ft tall when he walked out on stage.
I know people give Elvis a lot of grief about those costumes, and ham hock sideburns, but what they don't realize is that stuff was in style back then. Take a look at Freddie Mercury, Zeppelin, Sweet, and other groups from the 70's. They all had outlandish outfits.
Were Elvis still around, and performing [and honestly with this Jon Cotner business going on, he just might be] he would have changed his style to something more conventional.
I agree with you and
If Elvis had made it, he would of slid right into the 80's country rock sounld real well,because that's what his music sounded like in the beginning, rockablly, country music with a good beat.
AJR

Springfield, MO

#18 Jan 15, 2014
Personally...I liked the '60's and the '70's.
As he got older his voice changed & he seemed to sing more "feeling" music......ones people could relate to their own lives......

“Elvis Just Rocks! ”

Since: Aug 12

Sydney

#19 Jan 16, 2014
Although I did enjoy watching different parts of Elvis surface during each decade. I just loved and enjoyed hearing his Angelic voice in the 70's. As someone above wrote, his voice just matured gracefully.

And I've probably written this a zillion times, but love Elvis in his Jumpsuit years. There's something about me and the jumpsuit.:D
M-train

Albertville, AL

#21 Jan 18, 2014
Jumpsuits were just a part of the 70's music scene at the time. Heck, you would look silly without one back then......lol.

Here, check out one of my favorite bands of the 70's.........

[URL=http://s248.photobucket.c om/user/mtrain2000/media/sweet _zpsf5cac5fc.jpg.html][IMG]htt p://i248.photobucket.com/album s/gg183/mtrain2000/sweet_zpsf5 cac5fc.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
ANY

Peru

#22 Jan 29, 2014
Unable to decide on a stage, I love every stage of his career.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Elvis secretly have other children with oth... Tue Little monster 6
Post Elvis songs in here. (Aug '12) May 23 Steve 171
Elvis' abortive romance with Natalie Wood. (Jan '08) May 22 Sarah 101
Is Graceland haunted? May 21 Kimberley 2
Priscilla Didn't Love Elvis (Nov '07) May 21 DIANNE 120
How many women did Elvis sleep with in his life... (Feb '14) May 19 Steve 14
Elvis disciplining Lisa Marie (Oct '13) May 18 guest 11
More from around the web