Tell Me Your Elvis Story!
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Tucson, AZ

#1 Sep 13, 2008
How did you become a fan? As a kid I grew up listening to Elvis. My parent were big fans. They saw him in concert in 1957 and married the following month.

However the key moment for me was hearing the song (Burning love). I followed the chart every week and watched that song go to #1 on the Cash box Music chart.

With your permission I'll post your replies on my website: www.sunstarstudios.com

We have a fun Elvis fan page on the site.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#2 Sep 13, 2008
Somic,

In 1956 things were quite different in Ireland and the UK.
We 14 year olds did not see or hear Elvis on tv. Those who stayed in and listened to radio Luxemburg on Sunday nights would have. I didn't.

In 1956 Bill Haley and his Comets were dominating the music charts in Ireland and the UK. The movie "Rock Around the Clock" was causing a sensation.
Then early in 1957 on the way to school I popped into a cafe to play the jukebox and spotted that very curious name, Elvis Presley.
ELVIS?
Didn't a school friend in 1956 mention "Blue Suade Shoes" to me? He even sang a few lines of the song.

Curious to hear this Elvis, I put a coin in the slot and selected him singing "I'm Playing for Keeps". A Ballad!

I stood there transfixed by that extraordinary, versatile and beautiful voice! Then I Played the other side of the disc, "Too Much" and that was me, hooked for life!

Having spent my bus fare on Elvis I would be walking the 3 miles to school and back home again!:-)

I would walk many more miles, even when I was employed, in order to buy Elvis Albums.
That's just the bare bones of the story. It really would take volumes!

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

skygord3

Canada

#3 Oct 2, 2008
MauricePColgan wrote:
Somic,
In 1956 things were quite different in Ireland and the UK.
We 14 year olds did not see or hear Elvis on tv. Those who stayed in and listened to radio Luxemburg on Sunday nights would have. I didn't.
In 1956 Bill Haley and his Comets were dominating the music charts in Ireland and the UK. The movie "Rock Around the Clock" was causing a sensation.
Then early in 1957 on the way to school I popped into a cafe to play the jukebox and spotted that very curious name, Elvis Presley.
ELVIS?--I always thought the name came from rumbled up old Levis-laying on a pile or clothes-that looked like Elvis to Glady's & he came that close to being called "levis" anyways I saw your request for Elvis Stories & thought well - Have you heard the one about "Elvis" sleeping (having sex) with some of his movie (associates)-when they got "pregnant" & spoke with (fake) Col Tom Parker-He worked out deal's $$$$ hid children & never told Elvis - You've heard that B-4 - O,K.- cause their is a new one-born same hospital 1965 - her immigrant family "Luthawanina" or close-also did not really know Elvis-but-same sort of M.O. as Elvis Jr#2-thought U might want to know about Elvis's living legacy - it's a story eh? a true story though? Gordo
Didn't a school friend in 1956 mention "Blue Suade Shoes" to me? He even sang a few lines of the song.
Curious to hear this Elvis, I put a coin in the slot and selected him singing "I'm Playing for Keeps". A Ballad!
I stood there transfixed by that extraordinary, versatile and beautiful voice! Then I Played the other side of the disc, "Too Much" and that was me, hooked for life!
Having spent my bus fare on Elvis I would be walking the 3 miles to school and back home again!:-)
I would walk many more miles, even when I was employed, in order to buy Elvis Albums.
That's just the bare bones of the story. It really would take volumes!
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
--Here is a true story - Elvis actually slept (had sex) with many of the girls in his movies - Oh U heard that B-4 - O.K. when the girls got ?-in a family way & contacted the office-(fake) Col.Tom Parker would work out details $$$ & organize the birth's like Elvis Jrs#2 (Dec 24th1961) oh U heard that one- O.K. then - 4 years later (same hospital) same M.O. this family is/was from Luthiwaniana (close) & got to become U.S. citizen the mother on birth certificate -cause she looked like she had U.S. baby-she did not she had another Elvis Presley Child to raise-but did not know who Elvis Presley was "Diana (presley) Smith posted & came out of closet so to speak yesterday on this forum- It would be nice to be nice to any of these adult folks who know about DNA & may want to tell their stories or their mothers stories- do they qualify for interesting Elvis story's - can u see it - my Elvis Story - first - He is my dad/father/& I did not know ?? it's start eh - Gord hamilton- Canada B.C.

Since: Sep 08

London, UK

#4 Oct 6, 2008
My Elvis story is from his last year

In 1977, he went for a poo after waking from a possible substance induced coma, while trying to pass a particular big compacted fecal deposit mainly consiting from the remains of, non specific meat burgers and fried bannanna sandwiches, he died.

Since: Mar 08

Salerno - Campania Italy

#6 Oct 6, 2008
I knew Elvis randomly ... I had almost 12 years ... I heard a disc of my father It's now or never (O 'sole mio)... Elvis glare my heart! From that moment is part of my life!
Elvis is the only person in the world that send me a bomb of emotions! Enthusiasm! Pure Energy! Elvis is my life!
I have not heard him for a few moments ... God forgive me! I just listen to him ... WOW ... I do not know the words to define him ... there are no words to define Elvis!ELVIS is GREAT!!!!!
(((((((ELVIS IS GREAT!!!!!!))))

Since: Mar 08

Ottawa

#7 Oct 6, 2008
katia wrote:
I knew Elvis randomly ... I had almost 12 years ... I heard a disc of my father It's now or never (O 'sole mio)... Elvis glare my heart! From that moment is part of my life!
Elvis is the only person in the world that send me a bomb of emotions! Enthusiasm! Pure Energy! Elvis is my life!
I have not heard him for a few moments ... God forgive me! I just listen to him ... WOW ... I do not know the words to define him ... there are no words to define Elvis!ELVIS is GREAT!!!!!
(((((((ELVIS IS GREAT!!!!!!))))
nice story Katia
dont mind my sarcastic story above , that Mark guy was looking for it like to annoy annoying people :)

“Don't stop”

Since: Sep 08

Keep on 'til the break O dawn

#8 Oct 6, 2008
Elvis came out of hiding so he could campaign and vote for McCain/Palin. He's a big fan. And Elvis (now known as Ed Gimpons, mechanic) said that all his fans should vote for McCain/Palin or he will never forgive them. I asked Elvis what about Canadians who can't vote. And Elvis said he "never liked Canadians-screw 'em." Anyway, good Americans get out and vote!

Since: Mar 08

Ottawa

#9 Oct 6, 2008
Hip Hopper for Palin wrote:
Elvis came out of hiding so he could campaign and vote for McCain/Palin. He's a big fan. And Elvis (now known as Ed Gimpons, mechanic) said that all his fans should vote for McCain/Palin or he will never forgive them. I asked Elvis what about Canadians who can't vote. And Elvis said he "never liked Canadians-screw 'em." Anyway, good Americans get out and vote!
must be one of Marky Marks good friends one morron attracks another one , they support each other they have a club TFRC inc.( the fucking retard club), and It's world wide , spreading the desease ! your moma let you out of hiding Woody ? get back in your cage trailer trash

“Don't stop”

Since: Sep 08

Keep on 'til the break O dawn

#10 Oct 6, 2008
guitarplayer wrote:
<quoted text>
must be one of Marky Marks good friends one morron attracks another one , they support each other they have a club TFRC inc.( the fucking retard club), and It's world wide , spreading the desease ! your moma let you out of hiding Woody ? get back in your cage trailer trash
Slow your roll there, maple leaf boy. It's an American thang, you wouldn't understand. Elvis was a damn good honky who did what he was told for his country. Now it's time that we Americans do what Elvis tell, by voting McCain/Palin.(Keep your voting stub. There will be a raffle, and the winner will meet Elvis in a secret location).

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#11 Oct 6, 2008
katia wrote:
I knew Elvis randomly ... I had almost 12 years ... I heard a disc of my father It's now or never (O 'sole mio)... Elvis glare my heart! From that moment is part of my life!
Elvis is the only person in the world that send me a bomb of emotions! Enthusiasm! Pure Energy! Elvis is my life!
I have not heard him for a few moments ... God forgive me! I just listen to him ... WOW ... I do not know the words to define him ... there are no words to define Elvis!ELVIS is GREAT!!!!!
(((((((ELVIS IS GREAT!!!!!!))))
Lovely story Katia.

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 6, 2008
Hip Hopper for Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow your roll there, maple leaf boy. It's an American thang, you wouldn't understand. Elvis was a damn good honky who did what he was told for his country. Now it's time that we Americans do what Elvis tell, by voting McCain/Palin.(Keep your voting stub. There will be a raffle, and the winner will meet Elvis in a secret location).
So your saying that you believe that Elvis is alive. Ok you are definitely crazy.

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 6, 2008
Mark Edginton - Rugby wrote:
My Elvis story is from his last year
In 1977, he went for a poo after waking from a possible substance induced coma, while trying to pass a particular big compacted fecal deposit mainly consiting from the remains of, non specific meat burgers and fried bannanna sandwiches, he died.
You are the most ignorant rude man ever to walk on the face of this planet. You seriously need to get a life and stop bashing Elvis because he didn't do anything to you. Yes he made many mistakes that took his life,but he isn't perfect because he is human just like you Mark. Is this your hobby making fun of people? Because if it is you seriously need to get new hobbies. You make English people look like complete idiots, when I know they aren't except you. Another thing Elvis is way nicer then you.

Since: Mar 08

Salerno - Campania Italy

#14 Oct 6, 2008
guitarplayer wrote:
<quoted text>
nice story Katia
dont mind my sarcastic story above , that Mark guy was looking for it like to annoy annoying people :)
Thank you very much guitarplayer! The story I wrote that I was short, I could write more, but I do not write good English. But I am happy because the meaning is understood.
Yes, I have read various posts of Mr Mark, I realized that he really does not love Elvis, I am sad for this reason, I believe that Elvis inspires beautiful emotions in the heart of everyone in the world, unfortunately there are people like Mark who Elvis to a lot of envy and sometimes even hatred.
I am sad for this reason, I believe that it is impossible for anyone to hate Elvis, it makes no sense.
How can you hate a man like Elvis? One Elvis song suggests there was great love in his heart.

Since: Mar 08

Salerno - Campania Italy

#15 Oct 6, 2008
MusicLover13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovely story Katia.
Thank you very much also to you MusicLover! Elvis is a source of love ... ever!

“Don't stop”

Since: Sep 08

Keep on 'til the break O dawn

#16 Oct 6, 2008
MusicLover13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying that you believe that Elvis is alive. Ok you are definitely crazy.
After retiring as a bus mechanic for the city of (deleted) Nevada, Elvis now awaits in a secret lair. He will appear and perform at a McCain/Palin inaugural party in DC. E says nothing would make him happier than to "rock" and see Palin "get bouncy like Ann Margret."

If Obama wins, Elvis will stay in (deleted) Nevada and fix buses incognito.

Vote McCain/Palin and make Elvis happy
gasline

Montréal, Canada

#17 Oct 6, 2008
Hip Hopper for Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
After retiring as a bus mechanic for the city of (deleted) Nevada, Elvis now awaits in a secret lair. He will appear and perform at a McCain/Palin inaugural party in DC. E says nothing would make him happier than to "rock" and see Palin "get bouncy like Ann Margret."
If Obama wins, Elvis will stay in (deleted) Nevada and fix buses incognito.
Vote McCain/Palin and make Elvis happy
keep on sniffing gas lines trailer skank

Since: Jul 07

New Salisbury, Indiana

#18 Oct 6, 2008
Hip Hopper for Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
After retiring as a bus mechanic for the city of (deleted) Nevada, Elvis now awaits in a secret lair. He will appear and perform at a McCain/Palin inaugural party in DC. E says nothing would make him happier than to "rock" and see Palin "get bouncy like Ann Margret."
If Obama wins, Elvis will stay in (deleted) Nevada and fix buses incognito.
Vote McCain/Palin and make Elvis happy
LOL Well...I want Elvis to be happy....

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 6, 2008
Hip Hopper for Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
After retiring as a bus mechanic for the city of (deleted) Nevada, Elvis now awaits in a secret lair. He will appear and perform at a McCain/Palin inaugural party in DC. E says nothing would make him happier than to "rock" and see Palin "get bouncy like Ann Margret."
If Obama wins, Elvis will stay in (deleted) Nevada and fix buses incognito.
Vote McCain/Palin and make Elvis happy
I would love to make Elvis happy. But sadly your story is to good to be true and Elvis sadly died in 1977. But nice try in making a wonderful fiction story; it really entertained me Lol.

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 6, 2008
gasline wrote:
<quoted text>
keep on sniffing gas lines trailer skank
Um are you Guitarplayer.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#21 Oct 6, 2008
I have been a fan since 1956 when I was nine years old and saw Elvis on the Milton Berle show...
A quick summation of my Elvis story can be read at the link below (for those who haven't already read the boring ol' thing ;)...

scroll to Carole/California

http://www.elvistribute.us/concerts/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
same time same place Wed Ray 1
science dna hair samples Wed rufus 1
News 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Wed RICK 12,901
News Elvis Is Alive and Well In Las Vegas Wed Dead down Under 1
Billy Smith (Dec '09) Aug 14 Mississippi 136
dee - billy-ricky-david Aug 14 Mississippi 3
News If You Love the King of Rock and Roll, You Need... Aug 13 Hunka Hunka Hunka 5
More from around the web