Priscilla Presley fought to save Grac...

Priscilla Presley fought to save Graceland

There are 238 comments on the Monsters and Critics story from Jan 5, 2013, titled Priscilla Presley fought to save Graceland. In it, Monsters and Critics reports that:

The actress' late ex-husband's house in Memphis, Tennessee, has been preserved as a shrine in his honour and it is now a huge tourist attraction, but Priscilla had to fight hard to keep the property and its contents after Elvis' death in 1977.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monsters and Critics.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Sure, sure Priscilla. It had nothing to do with the 500.000 a year she got to be executor of the estate, and take care of Graceland. And all the "Graceland Tours" she did for television that put her own face in front of the camera. Those were really what made her a star by proxy.
Carly

Auckland, New Zealand

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Lee wrote:
Sure, sure Priscilla. It had nothing to do with the 500.000 a year she got to be executor of the estate, and take care of Graceland. And all the "Graceland Tours" she did for television that put her own face in front of the camera. Those were really what made her a star by proxy.
On the button Lee - now lets all sit back & wait for 'King Elvis' to comment because as we all know - he knows everything about Elvis & Cilla and we bow to his superior knowledge - NOT!!!
Jim

Blackwood, NJ

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $500,000 you speak of is not money Priscilla put in her bank account for personal use; rather, it was provided in order to pay expenses associated with maintaining Graceland. Because expenses associated with maintaining Graceland had dwindled, Priscilla incorporate a strategy to make money for the estate in order to make Graceland a tourist attraction instead of having to sell it to a private party and thus likely closing it off to the public. And by all accounts, she made a damn good decision--Don't you think?!
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Jim wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $500,000 you speak of is not money Priscilla put in her bank account for personal use; rather, it was provided in order to pay expenses associated with maintaining Graceland. Because expenses associated with maintaining Graceland had dwindled, Priscilla incorporate a strategy to make money for the estate in order to make Graceland a tourist attraction instead of having to sell it to a private party and thus likely closing it off to the public. And by all accounts, she made a damn good decision--Don't you think?!
You are not wrong at all, Jim.

Here is yet another example of Lee not reading or knowing something fully, and turning it into yet another anti-Cilla rant.

(And another example of a sheep following her).

Graceland is a booming enterprise today, but Lee won't give Cilla any credit for her part. No, Cilla isn't entirely responsible of course, but she did her part, and did it well.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#5 Jan 7, 2013
Jim wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the $500,000 you speak of is not money Priscilla put in her bank account for personal use; rather, it was provided in order to pay expenses associated with maintaining Graceland. Because expenses associated with maintaining Graceland had dwindled, Priscilla incorporate a strategy to make money for the estate in order to make Graceland a tourist attraction instead of having to sell it to a private party and thus likely closing it off to the public. And by all accounts, she made a damn good decision--Don't you think?!
Nn, the money was Priscilla's salary to be executor of the estate.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not wrong at all, Jim.
Here is yet another example of Lee not reading or knowing something fully, and turning it into yet another anti-Cilla rant.
(And another example of a sheep following her).
Graceland is a booming enterprise today, but Lee won't give Cilla any credit for her part. No, Cilla isn't entirely responsible of course, but she did her part, and did it well.
If she had "done her part" in taking care of her husband when he was alive, instead of screwing her dance teacher and her karate teacher, sneaking out to prepare for her show business career by doing local modeling, etc., Elvis would be alive and well today, and no one would be needed to take care of Graceland.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>If she had "done her part" in taking care of her husband when he was alive, instead of screwing her dance teacher and her karate teacher, sneaking out to prepare for her show business career by doing local modeling, etc., Elvis would be alive and well today, and no one would be needed to take care of Graceland.
Shut up, you filthy PIG.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#9 Jan 7, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, you filthy PIG.
Not a chance.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Not a chance.
I hope you find a lump in your fat tit tomorrow, and that it's a quick-spreading cancer.

Die, fat piggy, DIE!!
Jim

Somerset, NJ

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Nn, the money was Priscilla's salary to be executor of the estate.
Actually, assuming Priscilla is/was making $500,000 a year as executor is a non-issue, not only because it's really none of our beeswax, but also, given the fact that she has done such an outstanding job creating Elvis Presley Enterprises and also being a an outstanding Chairwoman, I think she deserves a lot more than $500,00 a year. If she was/is making $500,00 a year as executor, it was clearly money well spent.

Don't you think?!

You're such a hater! It's really disgusting how you attack Priscilla ad nauseam.
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a hater! It's really disgusting how you attack Priscilla ad nauseam.
Isn't it though?

She can turn any thread into an anti-Cilla and anti-MM thread ... even when the subject has nothing to do with them.

And for her to now say that a man (Elvis) being cheated on is worse than being RAPED?!!!
Carly

Auckland, New Zealand

#13 Jan 7, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it though?
She can turn any thread into an anti-Cilla and anti-MM thread ... even when the subject has nothing to do with them.
And for her to now say that a man (Elvis) being cheated on is worse than being RAPED?!!!
Kingy has a friend!
King Elvis

Sydney, Australia

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Carly wrote:
<quoted text>
Kingy has a friend!
Shut up Kiwi wh-re; you should be outraged by what Fat Lee has said!
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#15 Jan 8, 2013
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, assuming Priscilla is/was making $500,000 a year as executor is a non-issue, not only because it's really none of our beeswax, but also, given the fact that she has done such an outstanding job creating Elvis Presley Enterprises and also being a an outstanding Chairwoman, I think she deserves a lot more than $500,00 a year. If she was/is making $500,00 a year as executor, it was clearly money well spent.
Don't you think?!
You're such a hater! It's really disgusting how you attack Priscilla ad nauseam.
First of all, I did not "assume" that she makes 500,000 dollars a year. Second, no, I do not think that it was money well spent. I do not think that a woman who whored around on Elvis then dumped him and sued him should be allowed to put her filthy hands on anything concerning Elvis.

And where the hell did you get the idea that she created Elvis Presley Enterprises???? Elvis Presley Enterprises was created way back around '57.

This is what makes me mad. Things like people calling this horrible woman "Elvis Presleys widow", and the creator of "Elvis Presley Enterprises".

She used Elvis and dumped him. Then she used his name and money to make herself a star. That is what she did.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#16 Jan 8, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it though?
She can turn any thread into an anti-Cilla and anti-MM thread ... even when the subject has nothing to do with them.
And for her to now say that a man (Elvis) being cheated on is worse than being RAPED?!!!
What Priscilla did to Elvis killed him in the long run. Yes, it was worse than rape. It was absolutely horrible.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#17 Jan 8, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>What Priscilla did to Elvis killed him in the long run. Yes, it was worse than rape.
You are a disgusting sewer rat, and all women and victims of rape should be offended by this despicable idea.

This, along with your thoughts about how young victims of sexual abuse "get over it", shows just how sick in the head you really are.

You're a pig, simple as that. A fat, disgusting lttle pig.
Lee

Carpinteria, CA

#18 Jan 8, 2013
Does every thread have to be about rape??? It is boring to turn every thread into the same subject. Why didn't you keep this on the thread it started on?? Now I do not even remember why we started talking about that.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#19 Jan 8, 2013
Lee wrote:
Now I do not even remember why we started talking about that.
Because YOU, fat filthy little piggy, rescurrected an old thread and decided to gove your worthless and disgusting opinion on the matter.
Jim

Somerset, NJ

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I did not "assume" that she makes 500,000 dollars a year. Second, no, I do not think that it was money well spent. I do not think that a woman who whored around on Elvis then dumped him and sued him should be allowed to put her filthy hands on anything concerning Elvis.
And where the hell did you get the idea that she created Elvis Presley Enterprises???? Elvis Presley Enterprises was created way back around '57.
This is what makes me mad. Things like people calling this horrible woman "Elvis Presleys widow", and the creator of "Elvis Presley Enterprises".
She used Elvis and dumped him. Then she used his name and money to make herself a star. That is what she did.
While I stand corrected that Priscilla did not create EPE, nevertheless, she was EPE's chairwoman for 14 years and did an outstanding job. Also, from what I have read, EPE was created in 1954 and was handed over to Col. Parker who allowed the entity to cease to exist. When Vernon died the entity was resurrected. In other words, EPE was no longer in existence and then was reestablished years later after Vernon's death as the entity under which the estate would be managed and pursue business opportunities.

The bottom line is that Priscilla and the other trustees who were appointed after Vernon's passing did an outstanding job to not only save the estate but also take advantage of business opportunities in order to keep Elvis name and legacy alive. Also, Lisa Marie after turning 25 became involved with managing EPE and also deserves credit for making EPE what it is today. As far as Priscilla, all indications are that she first was concerned about making sure the estate, particularly Graceland itself, would be preserved so Lisa Marie would have an inheritance. She did the right thing for her daughter and clearly was unselfish in this regard.

Your unfair assessment of Priscilla is uncalled for and downright malicious. You refuse to give her the credit she deserves but have no problem badmouthing her every chance you get. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Michigan

Belleville, MI

#21 Jan 10, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>If she had "done her part" in taking care of her husband when he was alive, instead of screwing her dance teacher and her karate teacher, sneaking out to prepare for her show business career by doing local modeling, etc., Elvis would be alive and well today, and no one would be needed to take care of Graceland.
Its quite simple, If Elvis had said "No thanks, I dont want any drugs anymore" he would be alive today. But he liked to get high. And on August 16, 1977, his body had all that it could take.

And before you reply how that too is Priscilla's fault, let's just say everything is Priscilla's fault, we ALL know that is how you feel.

9/11 is Priscilla's fault
Sinking of the Titanic is Priscilla's fault
Kurt Cobain suicide is Priscilla's fault
Amy Winehouse's death is Priscilla's fault
Jim Croce plane crash is Priscilla's fault
Payroll tax increase is Priscilla's fault
My dress being too tight is Priscilla's fault
My cat coughed up a hairball, which has to be Priscilla's fault
Lee is a mental deficient, which of course is totally Priscillas fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King Elvis in gaol 2 hr Steve Head 2
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) Dec 5 Doodi 227
News Entertaining 'Legends in Concert' at Foxwoods Dec 5 Memphisrain 2
Crazy Little Thing called Love (Jul '08) Dec 1 Exotnaf 10
Back Staircase Hidden Room (Apr '07) Nov 30 Aaron 17
"The Gift" - Elvis Presley DVD - How A Boy Beca... Nov 29 27Ten 4
James Rompel- Elvis in I, Elvis- suicide? (Nov '15) Nov 28 Brendan Paul 2
More from around the web