MsDalton

Belle, WV

#21 Nov 6, 2012
nina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - he makes what he did seem effortless
and really, no one has been able to match the richness and variety
not even the best impersonators
I do agree, but my gosh you folks need to listen to Terry Mike Jeffries - I think he is supposed to KINDA be an elvis impersonator, but he dresses in regular clothes and does not swivel his hips, but his voice, expression on his face and his few hand gestures are similar to Elvis. HE is the best singer next to Elvis I've ever heard, I just happened to be browsing and found him. I believe he has a band in Belgium also. He's fantastic (as Elvis would say)
mary b

Port Charlotte, FL

#22 Nov 8, 2012
Elvis had a god given talent! His voice was so smooth unlike any other. People who do not appreciate how voice do not appreciate music.
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#23 Nov 8, 2012
MsDalton wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree, but my gosh you folks need to listen to Terry Mike Jeffries - I think he is supposed to KINDA be an elvis impersonator, but he dresses in regular clothes and does not swivel his hips, but his voice, expression on his face and his few hand gestures are similar to Elvis. HE is the best singer next to Elvis I've ever heard, I just happened to be browsing and found him. I believe he has a band in Belgium also. He's fantastic (as Elvis would say)
During the 75th Anniversary, I was able to confirm how great a singer Terry Mike is. He sat there, at a small stage inside a building compound facing Graceland, for about two hours, sang about 50 different songs, from all periods of Elvis' career and he nailed each with such grace, that I was totally immersed in his performance. Then, someone ventured to ask him to sing his favourite song, I think "Anyplace is paradise", so when Mike asked the guy to throw the first line of the song, which he'd somehow forgotten, and he did, he then asked him to sing it himself. the guy got into the stage, and just as he and Terry were deciding on what key to sing it, the guy's wife intevened, from the audience and asked him to sing "My way" instead. Look at this, and tell me if terry Mike isn't the sweetest person there is, in addition to being thew greatest interoreter of Elvis songs.
Meli

Lima, Peru

#24 Nov 16, 2012

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#25 Nov 18, 2012
One Irish Times journalist wrote about Elvis's voice containing,'emotional intelligence'.

The first time I heard Elvis was on my way to school as a fifteen year old 1957.The song, on a jukebox, was 'I'm Playing for Keeps'. I was transfixed!

The Southern Sentinel newspaper of Ripley Mississippi, published my little introduction to Elvis's voice, 16th August 1997!

Yes the sheer versatility over hundreds of songs is astounding.

Great thread, Guillermo.

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#26 Nov 18, 2012
His was the only voice, of those who had an original voice to start with, which could split into many voices, but each time making the listener believe in that multitude of voices being that of Elvis Presley. Every other singer, and I mean every other could tackle perhaps as many different types of music as Elvis did, did so, but it would invariably end up sounding like x or y, singing a ballad, or x or y singing a rocker, or x or y singing a gospel, or x or w singing a gospel. All great rockers, or pop singers, changed their voices when singing a soft to an uptempo song. They have to, but and here I am just givinh the most obvious set of examples, all of them, from Tom Jones, Freddy Mercury, Roy Orbison, Michael Jackson, Otis Redding, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, name anyone who's a great singer, as well as a distinctive singer, add Jackie Wilson, Ray Charles for good measure, even Robert Plant, anyone else, what they had was two voices. One for the ballads, the other for the uptempos. Elvis had 25 for the ballads, 25 for the uptempos and we all assumed THAT was normal....
rick

Saint Albert, Canada

#27 Dec 2, 2012
yes
MsDalton

Charleston, WV

#28 Jan 9, 2013
and yes, please go to youtube and type in Bouke singing Elvis - he was at Graceland. His English isn't perfect and he doesn't move quite like elvis though he swivels a little - but WOW his voice and his looks are awesome. He has brown curley hair like Elvis had when he was younger before he started dyeing it.

There will never be another Elivs but I think Terry Jeffries and Bouke are better than all the ETA's as they actually sing as themselves sounding sooooo much like Elvis. Bouke is young, I can see him going on tours to Vegas and all over the world singing some Elvis - maybe some of his own - and becoming close to being the next Elvis
MsDalton

Charleston, WV

#29 Jan 11, 2013
I do agree Elvis was a man of many types of voices and voice ranges - he also had a unique way of singing same songs over and over but changing a few words or jerking a different way made it seem new and interesting - I love the way he'd interject jokes or laughter in them or the way he'd stop the whole show and talk to his fans.

seemed like the fans went crazy when he talked, sang, walked or just moved a little and when he'd hit high notes, usually they'd give him a standing ovation and he'd sometimes laugh and ask them "you want me to do that again". He was doing that even in his last concerts as sick as he looked - trying to smile and chat and do a good show.

wow - nobody ever will be like him
Bruce Graeme

Gijzegem, Belgium

#30 Apr 17, 2013
If there's a song that Elvis covered, then his version is almost always better than the original. However, the one exception to this is the song "Unchained Melody." Why?

After the 50's, he seems to have lost his trick of shifting, in a heartbeat, from saloon baritone to pants-too-tight wailing,(e.g., "Blue Moon". That's why he (probably) could not sing "Unchained Melody" so well as The Righteous Brothers did.
Ryan Stuart

Narellan, Australia

#31 Apr 18, 2013
Jim Burrows wrote:
Two and a half octaves is the prevailing theory but, as as a Professor of Music at Columbia University once stated, the key to Presley's register is its center of gravity, right in the middle, I suppose, "the most unusual voice" he has ever heard, a combination of bass, baritone and tenor, all at once.
Just came across your post - could not agree more. fantastic voice.
Jessica

Lima, Peru

#32 May 22, 2013
el rey siempre sera único e incomparable, tenemos q seguir hablando de este tema porque es inmenso su talento.
Judy

Peru

#33 Jun 8, 2013
donn409 wrote:
Here is a link that has numerous quotes about "THE KING'S" voice. http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/withoutason...
As you can read, the opinions about ELVIS' vocal range vary. I believe ELVIS had the most versatile voice in the history of music because he succeeded in every genre. Not to mention he topped all the major singles charts simultaneously which is something no other big name star can lay claim to and that includes the Beatles and Michael Jackson.
la voz de Elvis es incomparable gracias por la nota!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Elvis stamp features a more toned-down King... Fri Elvis is Angry 1
Elvis was a Closed Homosexual (Aug '07) Jun 30 Nick 1,356
Linda and Ginger speak on Elvis . (Sep '07) Jun 29 Joe 132
elvis snap shot [just waking up coming out of h... (Apr '10) Jun 28 Jessica 17
Cher turned down a date with Elvis (Feb '08) Jun 28 Sarah 28
Elvis - SPD-22 (May '11) Jun 27 MotorCityPaPa 2
Sandy Was in Elvis' Bedroom! (Jan '07) Jun 27 Chris 496
More from around the web