One Dollar Bill
Thefile

Santa Clarita, CA

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Don’t know it this is true but quite some time ago I heard Elvis would pass out stamped dollar bills of him sitting in a chair reading a book with his dog by his side and the back side of the bill had his name and address. He would do this at some of his party’s. About 15 years ago I got this one for change in a grocery store, it can be one of those bills. I can e-mail a picture.
Dash Rip Rock

Kitchener, Canada

#2 Jun 25, 2013
Hey file.....can't say I have ever heard this story, but just the content makes me want to suggest to you that it's a fabrication. Couple of things stand out. Elvis almost never carried any money. He had a load of people around him who looked after everything...even something as simple of having a few bucks on hand. Elvis didn't have a dog per se. I believe he bought his mother a dog and one or two for his wife Priscilla, but HE didn't have a dog. He did own a horse named Rising Sun, but your story states do so the horse is out of the barn so to speak. Just for fun file can you tell us what address is printed on your bill?? That would at least give us a bit of a time frame. I will assume it is Graceland until you tell us otherwise. But at first glance, this story is not base in any known fact. Please feel free to add any details you desire and can you tell us just where you heard this story?? Thanks...
Thefile

Santa Clarita, CA

#3 Jun 25, 2013
If it was possible I would like to post a picture of the bill, It is hard to explain what it looks like.
Here is what it says on the back

ELVIS PRESLEY
3764 HIGHWAY 51 SOUTH
MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE
Thefile

Santa Clarita, CA

#4 Jun 25, 2013
I forgot to mention where I heard the story. I worked for paramount Studios since the 70,s and am now retired. I have friends they worked on some of his movies.
Chuck Chip Chase

Kitchener, Canada

#5 Jun 26, 2013
Hi file...thanks for the additional info. That certainly is the address of Graceland, his home in Memphis. And very interesting that you worked at Paramount studios!! I know I'd be interested in seeing what you are describing!! Could you perhaps post in somewhere on Facebook or another site you might be comfortable with?? That would be the way to go perhaps. I do not think you can publish a picture here but other members can correct me if I am wrong on that. Love to see it!! And hey.... how about asking some of those folks who worked on his movies to join us here if they would like??!! All the best file...
Thefile

Santa Clarita, CA

#6 Jun 26, 2013
Hello Chuck, I looked into posting the picture on this site but like you said did not see how. As far as Facebook or any other site like that I don't belong to any of them. With the guys that worked on his movies I have been retired for 7 years now and only keep is touch with one and that is by phone and we haven't talked in about a year but I will try and call him.

I see you are in Canada, I use to live in Sault Saint Marie Ontario. Moved to the States in the early 50's I have family through out Canada.

I will see if I know someone on Facebook that will let me upload it and let you know.

Elvis is sitting on the right side of the bill. These are not pictures but only stamped on the bill.
Michigan

Belleville, MI

#7 Jun 26, 2013
If you Google "Elvis dollar bill" and click "Images" it shows many different styles, if you click on a picture, you can go to the website for that picture.

Maybe you'll see your bill in the "Images"
Then can send the link
Thefile

Santa Clarita, CA

#8 Jun 26, 2013
Thank you but I have done that and could not find anything close.
Chuck Chip Chase

Kitchener, Canada

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Hey file.....you are from the Soo?? I was there a couple of years back on the way to Thunder Bay. Nice to make your acquaintance!! Hope you have a chance to post the image and how cool would it be to talk to some of your work mates who helped on some of the Presley films. Looking forward to whatever you can accomplish. All the best...
Frank

Valencia, CA

#10 Oct 10, 2013
Chuck Chip Chase wrote:
Hey file.....you are from the Soo?? I was there a couple of years back on the way to Thunder Bay. Nice to make your acquaintance!! Hope you have a chance to post the image and how cool would it be to talk to some of your work mates who helped on some of the Presley films. Looking forward to whatever you can accomplish. All the best...
Hi Chuck,

I doug out the bill and scanned it, it you are interested to see it go to this web site, the bill should be the first picture that comes up.

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/10spot/slid...

I belong to a BMW Z4 club so the next pictures will be of one of my cars, I did not know how to just bring up the bill. I found my friend mike who also retired from Paramount Pictures and worked on a couple of his pictures moved to Los Vegas, as soon as I call him I will let him know about the site.
Chuck Chip Chase

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Oct 10, 2013
Hey Frank....great to hear from you again!! I had a good long look at that bill and I must admit I am a little bit stumped. I have never heard of Elvis handing out dollar bills with or without a stamp or some kind of artwork as yours clearly shows. The image of the man reading with the dog at his side is a real stumper. I will say that the stamp of his name and address clearly strongly resembles the postal notification affixed to the mail that originated from Graceland. Looks very familiar!! It may well have come from the offices at Graceland, but did Elvis had anything to do with it?? I can't say that he did. As I suggested several months back we would really enjoy you or any of your former co-workers to join us and talk about their time with at Paramount. That invitation still stands!! All the best Frank...so nice to have you join us again...Chuck...
Frank

Valencia, CA

#12 Oct 24, 2013
Hi Chuck,

I guess you gathered by now I do not spend much time on my computer. I haven’t called Mike yet but I will sometime next week, I will give him the address to this site and your name so he can post to you. I do not know how much he uses a computer but we will see. I know he will have some interesting things to say.
Chuck Chip Chase

Kitchener, Canada

#13 Oct 24, 2013
Hi Frank....Yes I can tell you have other priorities!! LOL. But it's nice that you do get back to us just the same. Looking very much forward to having Mike join us. He would be treated with respect and I would hope he would enjoy the interaction with the members here. Thanks Frank and please keep us posted...when you have the time!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
elvis and real brother jesse (May '11) Sat k8eW1 51
linda thompson and david briggs (Feb '08) Jul 19 Elvis fan 29
can't help falling in love Jul 14 Ananass 1
did elvis presley ever record its only make bel... (May '10) Jul 13 linda 26
Elvis' Vocal Range (Jan '08) Jul 9 Jaysuffolk 41
Vernon Presley Jul 9 Little monster 1
Ginger Alden interview - 1980 (Feb '09) Jul 9 Elvis fan 24
More from around the web