Racy pic Myrna Smith....WOW!

Racy pic Myrna Smith....WOW!

Posted in the Elvis Presley Forum

Elvis75

Spearfish, SD

#1 Jun 21, 2008
I saw this on Ebay and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought for a minute she was exposed with nudity until I saw that it's from a 1982 Billboard article. All I can say is check it out. It's been said that Elvis had feelings for her well I don't blame him.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f7/c2/16dd_1....

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#2 Jun 21, 2008
That is over a quarter of a century ago...

I saw Myrna on a Judge Judy youtube recently...(a dispute with in son and daughter-in-law) and she wasn't looking so great and was very shakey and jittery. I will say that when I saw her just a few feet from me several times in the 70's (in Vegas) she was a lovely lady.

IMO the only feelings ELVIS had for Myrna were lovingly friendship ones. I have NEVER heard anything differently. He cared for and about all his back up people.
Elvis75

Spearfish, SD

#3 Jun 21, 2008
Myrna was different from the other ladies who worked for him. She was the only to live with him and travel on the Lisa Marie plane while the others traveled by commercial plane. Not even Kathy got that honor. And I don't buy the excuse that it was only because of Jerry Schilling. Jerry was out in LA most of the time anyhow as a film editor for ABC and managing the Eagles while Myrna was flying luxury with Elvis from city to city.

It's been said as far back as the 80's that Elis and Myrna had a thing going on before Jerry Schilling came in. I have a ideo tape of Myrna on VH1 back in 1987 talking about Elis and she says "we were so close that I had already fallen in love with him by the time he died". She's also admitted that there was intimacy between them when she did an interview for Elvis-The Concert in Las Vegas in 1998. Just to note-Nancy Rooks herself claims in her book 'Inside Graceland' that Elvis fans would be surprised to know that he dated black women too. So race wouldn't have been an issue and he did take her out on a few outings around LA and Memphis.

As for the pic from Ebay, yes I know it's from a long time ago but let's be real, she was a very attractive women then and still is today! And she was then already 40 years old in that photo. She's 66 today and still looks much better than most 66 year old women do today.
TCB-girl

Sacramento, CA

#4 Jun 21, 2008
Elvis75 wrote:
Myrna was different from the other ladies who worked for him. She was the only to live with him and travel on the Lisa Marie plane while the others traveled by commercial plane. Not even Kathy got that honor. And I don't buy the excuse that it was only because of Jerry Schilling. Jerry was out in LA most of the time anyhow as a film editor for ABC and managing the Eagles while Myrna was flying luxury with Elvis from city to city.
It's been said as far back as the 80's that Elis and Myrna had a thing going on before Jerry Schilling came in. I have a ideo tape of Myrna on VH1 back in 1987 talking about Elis and she says "we were so close that I had already fallen in love with him by the time he died". She's also admitted that there was intimacy between them when she did an interview for Elvis-The Concert in Las Vegas in 1998. Just to note-Nancy Rooks herself claims in her book 'Inside Graceland' that Elvis fans would be surprised to know that he dated black women too. So race wouldn't have been an issue and he did take her out on a few outings around LA and Memphis.
As for the pic from Ebay, yes I know it's from a long time ago but let's be real, she was a very attractive women then and still is today! And she was then already 40 years old in that photo. She's 66 today and still looks much better than most 66 year old women do today.
Myrna is more attractive than the average person that is for sure. I will always remember her as a very lovely backup girl for ELVIS and the sweet memories I have when I enjoyed ELVIS and the ELVIS team in Vegas. I will leave it at that since I have not other information to really share...and I will leave you to your sweet thoughts of her. ;)
Lee

United States

#5 Jun 22, 2008
Elvis75 wrote:
I saw this on Ebay and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought for a minute she was exposed with nudity until I saw that it's from a 1982 Billboard article. All I can say is check it out. It's been said that Elvis had feelings for her well I don't blame him.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f7/c2/16dd_1....
Nasty
Elvis75

Spearfish, SD

#6 Jun 22, 2008
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty
What's nasty about it? I think she looks sexy, exotic, and sensual in that article clipping. I sent it to a friend of mine who don't care too much about Elvis and he said she was gorgoous and by looking at how good she looked that (Elvis) probably "hit it" during his lifetime. Which I believe he did also, especially since Nanay addmitted to him dating interracially. Jerry Schilling was pissed at Elvis near the end for some reason and Myrna and him broke up around that time too. But rekindeled after the funeral and eventually married.
Elvis75

Spearfish, SD

#7 Jun 22, 2008
I meant Nancy not nanay. LOL. Also keep in mind that Nancy said in her interview with Elvis2001 that there was another girl waiting for him on tour but she didnt know who it was. Hmm, Myrna has said in a past interview that it broke her heart when he passed because she was suppose to be with him that same day. There's much more to the Myrna and Elvis relationship than most think or want to believe. One hint to it is the fact that to this day she has yet to write her story even though Elvis told her he wanted her to tell his life story because in his eyes she knew him best. There are still some fans out there that have a very hard time believing that he would ever be with a woman of color and don't want to believe it. But even those close to him have addmitted that he did date women of all comors.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#8 Jun 22, 2008
Elvis75 ...I know you have your personal reasons and PREFERENCES
...but don't read more into the Elvis/Myrna friendship than it was. It isn't fair to ELVIS. There is enough myth out there already.

Since: Jun 08

Hudson, NY

#9 Jun 23, 2008
I don't know if they ever were together that way . They did heavy kissing . But Elvis did that with Every girl. But she sure did love Elvis.When they were told of his passing , she went nuts. she had to be medicated. Its true she flew on the Lisa Marie while the others were on a prop plane. But it was because of Jerry . Because as soon as they were having trouble in there relationship and after they broke up. She no longer flew on the Lisa Marie.Thats from Myrna , not me.
Joe K
www.elvis2001.net
Steve

Bradford, UK

#10 Jun 23, 2008
Myrna obviously has her own reasons for not writing a book about her time with Elvis whether it be as a backing singer or as a freind in any capcity. The one thing I wouldn't reduce it to is
'nasty', why would you say it's nasty. I don't believe for one minute Elvis saw colour, I personally believe he saw the person first their talent second and their colour didn't even registar. I'm sure Elvis appreciated all beautiful women not just white women.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#11 Jun 23, 2008
Steve wrote:
Myrna obviously has her own reasons for not writing a book about her time with Elvis whether it be as a backing singer or as a freind in any capcity. The one thing I wouldn't reduce it to is
'nasty', why would you say it's nasty. I don't believe for one minute Elvis saw colour, I personally believe he saw the person first their talent second and their colour didn't even registar. I'm sure Elvis appreciated all beautiful women not just white women.
I agree. Elvis loved us all. ;)

I do not believe Myrna and Elvis were sexual...but she LOVED Elvis because of their many years of loving friendship. Everything in the world isn't about sex and some relationships that don't have that component are as strong or stronger than ones that do.

Yes, I heard how she broke up when she heard of ELVIS passing. I loved her for how much she cared and I love her for never writing a book and using Elvis the way as so many have.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#12 Jun 23, 2008
ELVIS2001NET wrote:
I don't know if they ever were together that way . They did heavy kissing . But Elvis did that with Every girl. But she sure did love Elvis.When they were told of his passing , she went nuts. she had to be medicated. Its true she flew on the Lisa Marie while the others were on a prop plane. But it was because of Jerry . Because as soon as they were having trouble in there relationship and after they broke up. She no longer flew on the Lisa Marie.Thats from Myrna , not me.
Joe K
www.elvis2001.net
Thanks Joe. That should put that to rest.
Jerry likely asked for the favor for Myrna and was accommodated.
Lee

United States

#13 Jun 29, 2008
Elvis75 wrote:
I meant Nancy not nanay. LOL. Also keep in mind that Nancy said in her interview with Elvis2001 that there was another girl waiting for him on tour but she didnt know who it was. Hmm, Myrna has said in a past interview that it broke her heart when he passed because she was suppose to be with him that same day. There's much more to the Myrna and Elvis relationship than most think or want to believe. One hint to it is the fact that to this day she has yet to write her story even though Elvis told her he wanted her to tell his life story because in his eyes she knew him best. There are still some fans out there that have a very hard time believing that he would ever be with a woman of color and don't want to believe it. But even those close to him have addmitted that he did date women of all comors.
If she made a statement like he wanted her to write his life story because she knew him best, that probably means she is already planning it. But I doubt that Elvis ever said that. She mush have an upcoming book on the way.
Lee

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2008
Steve wrote:
Myrna obviously has her own reasons for not writing a book about her time with Elvis whether it be as a backing singer or as a freind in any capcity. The one thing I wouldn't reduce it to is
'nasty', why would you say it's nasty. I don't believe for one minute Elvis saw colour, I personally believe he saw the person first their talent second and their colour didn't even registar. I'm sure Elvis appreciated all beautiful women not just white women.
All I meant when I said "nasty" was that the photo was a little too graphic for my taste. A sexy photo can be a little classier than that. But she may be a nice girl for all I know. I just didn't like the photo.
Lee

United States

#15 Jun 29, 2008
Elvis75 wrote:
I saw this on Ebay and couldn't believe my eyes. I thought for a minute she was exposed with nudity until I saw that it's from a 1982 Billboard article. All I can say is check it out. It's been said that Elvis had feelings for her well I don't blame him.
http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f7/c2/16dd_1....
All you can see here is her thighs! Ha! I guess that's enough to get some of you guys! Are you in love?
Elvislove

Carlsbad, CA

#16 Aug 20, 2013
TCB-girl wrote:
Elvis75 ...I know you have your personal reasons and PREFERENCES
...but don't read more into the Elvis/Myrna friendship than it was. It isn't fair to ELVIS. There is enough myth out there already.
What's not fair to Elvis? This is no myth - it's on record... just go back and watch his concert videos. He eyes are on her most of the time. It's obvious his adoration for her. I don't understand why people find it hard to believe that. If you really love Elvis you should be happy for him. He's also mentioned her name in one of his love songs (Let it be me), he says - "play it James", "sing it Myrna". The heart doesn't see colors. I also agree a 100% there's a lot more to Elvis and Myrna story than told. So, there is no myth here it's all factual. Just go back and watch all his concert vids and you might be surprised what see there... RIP Elvis & Myrna
Gail

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 Jun 29, 2016
Why did they take the photo down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did elvis rape priscilla (Feb '10) Feb 14 Sue8 406
How to get access to Elvis' bedroom at Graceland (Dec '07) Feb 13 Elvis19777 68
elvis gay. (Feb '12) Feb 12 Mickyone 2
ELVIS had ADHD myth or fact (Sep '10) Feb 12 Teddi k 53
elvis and real brother jesse (May '11) Jan 30 blue eyes 65
Billy Smith (Dec '09) Jan 29 Pammmeee 137
King Creole In Color? (Oct '09) Jan 28 Sarah GODWIN 9
More from around the web