New Elvis Book Due from Ireland

New Elvis Book Due from Ireland

Posted in the Elvis Presley Forum

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#1 Nov 19, 2012
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Ireland-Ivor-Ca...

The Author a young journalist and Elvis fan is a friend of ours. We met years ago at the Elvis Concert in Dublin after exchanging email and Elvis Forum messages.
His mother a former beauty queen was in a film with Sean Connery, way back. She is a recognised artist and has painted Elvis.

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com Updated.

“Elvis News Ireland”

Since: Sep 07

Swords, County Dublin.

#2 Nov 23, 2012
To be widely publicised. By me. http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
MauricePColgan

Dublin, Ireland

#3 Nov 29, 2012
http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com For the books cover and a widely read blog.
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#4 Nov 29, 2012
Fantastic news!! Incredibly, his roots are everywhere, so similar books could be written about his influence in places where his ancestors nay have come from. Also, and this is unrelated to the matter at hand, IO've noticed that more and more books, plays, and documentaries, both written and visual, are appearing about places where Elvis either lived or visited. It's incredible how much of his influence will be left for posterity. I can imagine someone say, in 2200, looking for the bibliography of one Elvis Presley, and find books, plays, movies about him in Hollywood, Canada, Germany, France, and in every state in the Union, let alone his influence on every music medium known to man, or his presence in Presidential Libraries, halls of Fame, Museums, etc, etc.
MauricePColgan

Dublin, Ireland

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Thanks Jim. Yes Elvis Culture is a growth industry, almost beyond our dreams!

Ivor Casey was at two of the Elvis Concerts at least, here in Dublin. He has a degree in Journalism and under 30 years old is a relatively young Elvis fan.
Dolbyscat

Abbotsford, Canada

#6 Nov 29, 2012
One can only wonder at the content of this book, Elvis never went to ireland, and dosn't seem to have had any real interest in the place. Just more rehashing with an irish twist??
Surely Colgan's connection will doom this publication to a single edition, with most copies still on the bookselles shelves.
MauricePColgan

Dublin, Ireland

#7 Nov 30, 2012
Dolbyskitten.

Elvis never went to England where there were huge numbers of Elvis fans.

Elvis fans usually welcome Elvis biographical books even those by in-laws and hangers on etc.,

This will be an honest attempt to include the hundreds of thousands of Elvis fans and admirers here in Ireland.

We get stuff done in the Elvis world. Especially in Tupelo.:-)

http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com
Mike McCoy

Dublin, Ireland

#8 Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for sharing that information Maurice. Elvis touched the world and left his mark all across the globe despite having visited very few countries. That's what I think makes this book sound interesting. It will be enjoyable to read about the mark he left on this little island!
Dolbyscat

Rosedale, Canada

#9 Jun 19, 2013
Elvis in Ireland is setting the literary world on fire...lol

According to Amazon it is ranked at #1,413,149 in the sales chart.
Gayham Barnett

Rosedale, Canada

#10 Jun 20, 2013
Wow!!! That ain't exactly a best seller is it?
Dash Giprock

Kitchener, Canada

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Hey!!!! Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute there Mr. I want you to know I resemble that remark...And while I'm here I want to give a big shout-out to my great and good friend "the cat". Keep up the good work cat....love reading your posts...just can't get enough. Anybody seen the old Scotsman Muirius Colgan?? Is he still of this earth??
the real Graham Barrett

Stafford, UK

#13 Jun 22, 2013
.......nuff said !
Dolbyscat

Chilliwack, Canada

#15 Jun 25, 2013
The Amazon ranking is now down to # 1,689,996...I guess no-one really cares too much about Irelands take on Elvis.
Sadie Hawkins

Kitchener, Canada

#16 Jun 25, 2013
Oh cat...you old son-of-a-gun you!!! Listen...speaking of Ireland, do you have any idea what has become of old Scotty?? He really has vanished. Ha s he old Scotsman found a pot of gold at the end of a double rainbow???? If anyone hears of the whereabouts of Miruis Colgan please let us know. I have always considered him to be my funny uncle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Because Elvis never did an overseas tour Sat Little monster 4
Elvis Presley and Kathy Westmoreland. (Feb '08) Fri Elvis fan 142
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Jun 21 love 53,065
Your Dislike for Priscilla (Aug '08) Jun 21 love 974
Extra in home Alone (Mar '08) Jun 21 love 323
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Jun 21 love 7,215
elvis as actor Jun 20 Ananass 1
More from around the web