Priscilla Presley justifies selling m...

Priscilla Presley justifies selling massive stake in Elvis' Ten...

There are 1539 comments on the Daily India story from Nov 8, 2006, titled Priscilla Presley justifies selling massive stake in Elvis' Ten.... In it, Daily India reports that:

Washington, Nov. 8 : Legendary singer Elvis Presley's widow Priscilla does not consider her decision to sell a massive stake in his estate in Memphis, Tennessee, to be a wrong one, for the sale was hugely ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily India.

Tiffany

Lexington, KY

#1563 Feb 22, 2011
CanadianEPfan wrote:
She is capitalizing on Elvis. She never loved him. It is sad.
I agree 100%
Paul

United States

#1565 Feb 22, 2011
SiblingS elvisjrsinfo wrote:
A person would be a idiot to keep the Elvis shares, almost all his real fans R dead and there is nothing new but the undiscovered missing children of his.. So it was smart to sell Elvis shares and inventory.. what was dumb.. is she should have bought up and found all the missing kids.. they R could be bigger than Elvis himself when rounded up and put on tour.. I mean really Elvis hands them all the biggest easiest promotion of all time.. and they blinded by impersonators.. how dumb is that..$ibling$ R the new and up comming stars.if there to be any more.. At the "[email protected] " site..over 60% of our viewers R unde 40 and it is growing every week more and more.. to learn about the true and honest story of the hidden and missing Elvis births from his Will.. Check out our site.. also a new Canadain talent.. much like Cat Stevens.. his name is Teo Mance.. enjoy all at ... "[email protected] " over 45,000 visits. and it is all true..$ibling$ is the GREATEST ELVIS STORY Never Told.. till now ..Go to the "[email protected] " site and see for yourself..$ibling$ R real..
This is not about alleged children of Elvis-its about the selling of the image and likeness of Elvis. He was a charismatic superstar-one of a kind. No imitations, nor johnny come lately are in his league.
The selling of the stock was to allow another team with supposedly a better marketing plan to step in and take EPE to the next level.
That has not proven itself out, but Elvis is still a supremely marketable and profitable enterprise-even without the super hype.
It is not mystery as to why Elvis still outsells most newer acts who hit big for a year or two then disappear from site.
He once again is the top selling solo artist in the RIAA list of solo performers.
And contrary to your statement many of his first and second era fans (I am one) are still alive and kicking.
RayR

Tuckerton, NJ

#1566 Jan 14, 2012
Priscilla could not ever love anyone!!! She does not love herself!! The boyfriend in Germany, LOL, she was 14 years old, that is NOT Love!!! She has never Known Love, except for the Love that Elvis had shown her, she doesn't even love their daughter, Lisa Marie!! Luckily Lisa Marie was gifted with her Father's Good Looks! But looks like she may have some of her mother's evil personality!!! Priscilla only Loves "Money"!!!
AJR

Burlington, IA

#1567 Jan 15, 2012
Priscilla did exactly what Elvis intended for someone to do....save what he did in his lifetime for their daughter. IF his dad had lived; I expect he might have had to sell Graceland along with everything else. There was NO money coming in...until she found someone to help her create & run EPE....get real people.
stephen

United States

#1568 Jan 16, 2012
Natalie wrote:
The deal did not include the rights to graceland. Lisa marie will be keeping gracealnd. I dont know why you are all being so mean toowards priscilla. If it was not for her people would not be enjoying graceland the way they are today. I do believe she loved him and he loved her but Elvis was cheating on her constantly and it would have been hard for her aswell.
who was cheating on who get your facts straight,maybe you don't know priscilla as well as you thought.
Elfan Philadelphia

Philadelphia, PA

#1569 Jan 18, 2012
Everyone seems tobe an expert on Elvis' sex life. take it from me I was with an uncircunsized man for a while and Elvis was one, sex can be painfull in that situation, (it can tear the forskin up).
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#1570 Jan 18, 2012
AJR wrote:
Priscilla did exactly what Elvis intended for someone to do....save what he did in his lifetime for their daughter. IF his dad had lived; I expect he might have had to sell Graceland along with everything else. There was NO money coming in...until she found someone to help her create & run EPE....get real people.
There was no money coming in because Priscilla already had it! Elvis had to sell the rights to his music to pay her divorce settlement!!

As for her "saving" everything for Lisa, I doubt it. She was at first getting $500,000 dollars a year just for being executor of the estate. I would bet that in the long run, most of the money went into Priscilla's own pocket, not Lisa's.
AJR

Burlington, IA

#1571 Jan 18, 2012
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>There was no money coming in because Priscilla already had it! Elvis had to sell the rights to his music to pay her divorce settlement!!
As for her "saving" everything for Lisa, I doubt it. She was at first getting $500,000 dollars a year just for being executor of the estate. I would bet that in the long run, most of the money went into Priscilla's own pocket, not Lisa's.
Grow up, Lee....IMO, she saved Graceland & Elvis' legacy . She deserves whatever she got paid.Personally, it wouldn't have been worth all the BS for me to put up with it.Money's never meant that much to me..with no peace & privacy. Look it all up if you really want to know......I did & Lisa got what her dad wanted her to have. Good enough for me ,think whatever you like.
Able Tasman

Australia

#1572 Jan 18, 2012
Without Cilla and the partners opening up Graceland in 1982, the mansion would have been lost.

Then lucky fans wouldn't be able to see where Elvis lived.
gracelandgroupie

Siloam Springs, AR

#1573 Jan 19, 2012
AJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up, Lee....IMO, she saved Graceland & Elvis' legacy . She deserves whatever she got paid.Personally, it wouldn't have been worth all the BS for me to put up with it.Money's never meant that much to me..with no peace & privacy. Look it all up if you really want to know......I did & Lisa got what her dad wanted her to have. Good enough for me ,think whatever you like.
Well said AJR i think it's a shame people can't understand what Pris has done for Elvis and his fan's things for which i am greatful. There marriage was there busniess none of mine. I am thankful i get to walk through the place he called home and if not for her that would not be.
gracelandgroupie

Siloam Springs, AR

#1574 Jan 19, 2012
But i do wish the media would stop calling her his widow because that she was or is not.
AJR

Burlington, IA

#1575 Jan 19, 2012
gracelandgroupie wrote:
But i do wish the media would stop calling her his widow because that she was or is not.
As I've looked back through some media reports/interviews....I've seen both. Some called her "widow", some called her ex-wife. I must confess, I was probably as guilty as everyone. It just irritated because she was alive & he wasn't...:}
mjjpan

Yangon, Myanmar

#1576 Jul 20, 2012
I know that Lucy de Barbin and Elvis loved each other. Sometimes it happens. We couldn't find any evidence but we know that is truth. I've seen so many cases like that before in my life. About 10 times. No evidence, but the truth. No one believe you, they will think you're a liar.
I'm not against to anyone else. But that happens.
gracelandgroupie

Siloam Springs, AR

#1577 Jul 20, 2012
mjjpan wrote:
I know that Lucy de Barbin and Elvis loved each other. Sometimes it happens. We couldn't find any evidence but we know that is truth. I've seen so many cases like that before in my life. About 10 times. No evidence, but the truth. No one believe you, they will think you're a liar.
I'm not against to anyone else. But that happens.
What?
Always Elvis

Boynton Beach, FL

#1578 Jul 21, 2012
No one will ever come close to Elvis has a singer...no one. No one will ever duplicate his kindness and generosity...no one...that's all I have to say. I think about him every single day. My eyes just swell up with tears every time I think of him...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1579 Jul 21, 2012
mjjpan wrote:
I know that Lucy de Barbin and Elvis loved each other. Sometimes it happens. We couldn't find any evidence but we know that is truth. I've seen so many cases like that before in my life. About 10 times. No evidence, but the truth. No one believe you, they will think you're a liar.
I'm not against to anyone else. But that happens.
Lucy De Barbin's book was pure fantasy on her part.

She even made various mistakes through out her trash book.

One of them was that Elvis recorded "Blue Moon OVER Kentucky"

She went on and wrote that Elvis sang it for her or something.

She had dates mixed up and Elvis was supposed to be with her...

But in reality, he was in another state touring or recording.

She lied. The story was totally made up inside her head.
MsDalton

Belle, WV

#1580 Nov 7, 2012
Actually I've read over and over that for the first year Linda Thompson stated she was with Elvis 24-7. So she knew he was faithful that long. After that, she said she didn't really try to find out. Supposedly while she was on tour with him in Vegas, he asked her if she'd like to go back on the plane to Tennessee and she knew then he had somebody else.

And indeed, supposedly Ginger was in a room on the floor below waiting for him. She told Elvis that and he supposedly told her NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT SHE HEARD that he loved her and always would. So not long after that Elvis watched out the window as Dee left Vernon Presley and Linda packed up and left. Thus far I'd not heard her mention Shelia Ryan so maybe they were broke up at that time temporarily. She did admit they lived like vampires and was down to having sex about once a year AFTER THAT FIRST YEAR...

Remember if Elvis was doing all those drugs, he was probably impotent most of the time. Strange about Ginger, she didn't stay with him all the time and supposedly dated another man - a lot of people said she was just too young for Elvis and though she took his engagement ring that she probably did not love him and actually he appeared not to love her - HE JUST wanted someone to stay with him, especially after Linda left.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#1581 Nov 11, 2012
AJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up, Lee....IMO, she saved Graceland & Elvis' legacy . She deserves whatever she got paid.Personally, it wouldn't have been worth all the BS for me to put up with it.Money's never meant that much to me..with no peace & privacy. Look it all up if you really want to know......I did & Lisa got what her dad wanted her to have. Good enough for me ,think whatever you like.
If it was not for her whoring and betrayal, Elvis would still be here. Graceland would not have had to be saved. If she had put one fraction of time and effort taking care of her husband when she was married to him, instead of sneaking down to Beverly Hills to screw her dance teacher, and spending most of the marriage in an affair with the karate teacher, Elvis might be alive and happy right now.

She wasn't devoted to Elvis, but she sure as hell is devoted to making money off him now that he is dead.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#1582 Nov 11, 2012
MsDalton wrote:
Actually I've read over and over that for the first year Linda Thompson stated she was with Elvis 24-7. So she knew he was faithful that long. After that, she said she didn't really try to find out. Supposedly while she was on tour with him in Vegas, he asked her if she'd like to go back on the plane to Tennessee and she knew then he had somebody else.
And indeed, supposedly Ginger was in a room on the floor below waiting for him. She told Elvis that and he supposedly told her NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT SHE HEARD that he loved her and always would. So not long after that Elvis watched out the window as Dee left Vernon Presley and Linda packed up and left. Thus far I'd not heard her mention Shelia Ryan so maybe they were broke up at that time temporarily. She did admit they lived like vampires and was down to having sex about once a year AFTER THAT FIRST YEAR...
Remember if Elvis was doing all those drugs, he was probably impotent most of the time. Strange about Ginger, she didn't stay with him all the time and supposedly dated another man - a lot of people said she was just too young for Elvis and though she took his engagement ring that she probably did not love him and actually he appeared not to love her - HE JUST wanted someone to stay with him, especially after Linda left.
I doubt it was the drugs. Elvis just wasn't that big sex symbol the guys try to make him out to be. I don't thing he ever even considered himself to be a sex symbol, that is something the media came up with.

Anita Wood, who lived with him in Graceland said they NEVER had sex. Priscilla keeps changing her story, but one major one was that they never had sex before the marriage, and very little after. Then Linda said they waited many months after they met, had sex once and that was it. Doesn't anyone see a pattern here?

Elvis was a spiritual person(I don't mean religious). He wanted a relationship with a woman that was based on LOVE, not primarily sexual.

His music reflects the soul of a man who felt love very deeply. I have always found this image of him as the big "sex symbol" to be insulting and I think it trivializes him.
King Elvis

Glenwood, Australia

#1583 Nov 11, 2012
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>If it was not for her whoring and betrayal, Elvis would still be here.
Absolute rubbish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elvis was a Closed Homosexual (Aug '07) 3 hr Mustang 1,364
Charlie Hodge (Jan '08) 9 hr spp 65
News He'll Always Be Elvis: Remembering the 'King' 4... 18 hr Overdosed 2
News Love me slumber - " Elvis' pyjamas to go under ... Fri Lee 1
Burial Plots at Graceland (Aug '09) Fri Lee 77
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) Fri Lee 235
How to get access to Elvis' bedroom at Graceland (Dec '07) Fri Lee 65
More from around the web