Next Last
nina

Canada

#1 Feb 20, 2009

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Ginger and Priscilla, too, were sure gorgeous of face.
Lee

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2009
TCB-girl wrote:
Yes, and Ginger was a carbon copy of Priscilla.
Lee

United States

#4 Feb 20, 2009
TCB-girl wrote:
It's eerie how much Ginger's voice sounds like Priscilla's.

Viva Las Vegas

#5 Feb 21, 2009
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>It's eerie how much Ginger's voice sounds like Priscilla's.
I didn't think about that when I was watching because I was caught up in how lovely Ginger's face was...but you right that they both have whispery kind of voices.
RBGRO5

AOL

#6 Feb 22, 2009
TCB-girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think about that when I was watching because I was caught up in how lovely Ginger's face was...but you right that they both have whispery kind of voices.
Some of these photograghs of Elvis and Ginger
were never seen before.At least,I haven't seen
them.Enjoy looking at them and the interview.

Viva Las Vegas

#7 Feb 22, 2009
RBGRO5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these photograghs of Elvis and Ginger
were never seen before.At least,I haven't seen
them.Enjoy looking at them and the interview.
I was certainly sad/disappointed she sold off some special ELVIS items recently,:( but I don't know her life's financial circumstances. Hopefully she kept at least some special memories in honor of a long ago love.:( I read that she married a successful business man and has a nice family. I am sure ELVIS would be glad that her life worked out for her. ELVIS was always generous of heart.
RBGRO5

AOL

#8 Feb 22, 2009
TCB-girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was certainly sad/disappointed she sold off some special ELVIS items recently,:( but I don't know her life's financial circumstances. Hopefully she kept at least some special memories in honor of a long ago love.:( I read that she married a successful business man and has a nice family. I am sure ELVIS would be glad that her life worked out for her. ELVIS was always generous of heart.
Ginger today looks better then both Pris & Linda.
nina

Canada

#9 Feb 23, 2009
RBGRO5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ginger today looks better then both Pris & Linda.
Don't know what she looks like today

the video I linked to is 28 years old

does she still look vacuous?
QUEENIE

Bradford, UK

#10 Feb 24, 2009
I think she has been great -given that she was so young when she was with Elvis ,plus the fact that she was there at the end -she could have really gone for maximum exposure and raked in loads of money. But to her credit, she didn't do that.

Even today you seldom see much about her anywhere -she has lived a private life and I hope she is happy
nina

Canada

#11 Feb 24, 2009
QUEENIE wrote:
I think she has been great -given that she was so young when she was with Elvis ,plus the fact that she was there at the end -she could have really gone for maximum exposure and raked in loads of money. But to her credit, she didn't do that.
you're too kind

I always thought she had either someone around her or just enough brain power to realize that if she did try to make money and be public

that there'd be a backlash

it's long been a common view that if Linda Thompson had been there, his death would not have been that day

there was already many accusations right in the first week that she found Elvis and called the Inquirer before calling for help

I don't know if that's true, but the story of that day changes a lot, as does her role in it
QUEENIE

Bradford, UK

#12 Feb 24, 2009
the story of that day changes and continues to change regardless of who is talking about it

It's been massively inconsistent for 30+years....

as for calling the Enquirer-is that true , or just a part of some fable ?

She was young and she saw a lot, and to her credit ( unless I'm wrong) she has kept it to herself.

As for the Linda Thompson theory -how can we ever know if that's right? Things could have worked out just the same no matter who was with Elvis. The only truth is that we will never know if it could have been any different.....
Candy

Fairmont, WV

#13 Feb 24, 2009
nina wrote:
<quoted text>
you're too kind
I always thought she had either someone around her or just enough brain power to realize that if she did try to make money and be public
that there'd be a backlash
it's long been a common view that if Linda Thompson had been there, his death would not have been that day
there was already many accusations right in the first week that she found Elvis and called the Inquirer before calling for help
I don't know if that's true, but the story of that day changes a lot, as does her role in it
I talked to Bill Burke and some others in Mphs regarding that story about the National Enquirer and they told me that Dick Grob who use to work for Elvis and later got fired by Vernon Presley for stealing Elvis's items started all of that up for a tell all book that he wrote to make it sensational as tho he thought us fans were stupid enough to believe his bs. After I heard this, it made me feel extremely sorry for Ginger Alden because people can always start rumours... if this had been true, Vernon Presley would have stepped in.
This Dick Grob is responsible for alot of sensational and vicious stories I have been told by even some of the MM and then stealing Elvis's items after Elvis died and Vernon Presley firing him because he was doing what he suspected he was doing! Can't get any lower than that..Stealing off of a dead man! Our Elvis!:(!!
Candy

Fairmont, WV

#14 Feb 24, 2009
Also,how can anyone say that had Linda Thompson been there that she could have saved Elvis on that day? I think it is quiet cruel for anyone to make such a statment and I do remember that it was Linda that started making those remarks in the beginning.. The others just repeated it because they were all known to be buddies to each other as I read that Linda bought them things and their wives.
Linda was a gold digger in my opinion. She sold alot of her jewelry years ago at an auction along with a tooth of Elvis's! I have no respect for her nor will I ever..She also speaks badly of Elvis while continually bragging about herself. I think the worst I have ever heard was her saying how she saved Elvis from drowning in a bowl of chicken soup! She was on E True Hollywood Story saying that! If you truly love someone, you don't say things like that or sell a person's tooth for God sake if you really love that person! Elvis evidently did not think she was the best for him or he would have still had her around. I do think Linda was more of a nuisance to Elvis than anything. You know she would have married him in a heart beat had he asked her! What someone will say and do to try and save grace for themselves is indeed astonishing to say the least.
Candy

Fairmont, WV

#15 Feb 24, 2009
Btw, I have a 1978 Good Housekeeping Article that states from Vernon Presley. "Alot of people have asked me about Ginger Alden, my son's fiancee. Elvis told me he had fallen in love with her. "This is the love I've been searching for" Elvis told me. "I want more children and I want Ginger to be my children's Mother". After that, Elvis came over to show me her 11 1/2 engagement ring. Elvis died before they could wed."
Lowell Hays also says in an interview "Elvis called me at 1 am and said that he wanted a diamond the size of his TCB ring that I had made for him for an engagement ring for Ginger Alden.I told Elvis that I would take the diamond out of his TCB ring and use it in Ginger Alden's engagement ring. Elvis told me to come and get the ring. I picked up Elvis's TCB ring and it took me 2 hours from start to finish but I got Ginger Alden's engagment ring to Elvis early the next morning."
I dont think one could get the truth any straighter than reading this from Vernon Presley, Elvis's dad and Elvis's jeweler, Lowell Hays regarding Ginger Alden and Elvis's relationship.
nina

Canada

#16 Feb 24, 2009
Candy wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to Bill Burke and some others in Mphs regarding that story about the National Enquirer and they told me that Dick Grob...
Bill Burke is a person who would have been in the know.

I am unsure of the source of the Inquirer story

I have read in different sources that a phone call was made before help was called

sometimes it's to her mother, other times to NI, other times, not identified, still others, it's omitted

she certainly has denied it - and the inquirer has never confirmed it.

I expect if it was true that the NI wouldn't meet her price and that they both backed off and let it stand unchallenged or denied because it would make them both look too bad

remember in the mid 80's when David Stanley was pushing for the Elvis was murdered?

everyone changing their story to look better because no one was doing what they were supposed to be doing

Ginger was sleeping, apparently she woke up called out and not hearing anything, went back to sleep

many people think Linda would have been more vigilant and not gone to sleep, but stayed up with him
Candy

Fairmont, WV

#17 Feb 24, 2009
nina wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Burke is a person who would have been in the know.
I am unsure of the source of the Inquirer story
I have read in different sources that a phone call was made before help was called
sometimes it's to her mother, other times to NI, other times, not identified, still others, it's omitted
she certainly has denied it - and the inquirer has never confirmed it.
I expect if it was true that the NI wouldn't meet her price and that they both backed off and let it stand unchallenged or denied because it would make them both look too bad
remember in the mid 80's when David Stanley was pushing for the Elvis was murdered?
everyone changing their story to look better because no one was doing what they were supposed to be doing
Ginger was sleeping, apparently she woke up called out and not hearing anything, went back to sleep
many people think Linda would have been more vigilant and not gone to sleep, but stayed up with him
You can bet had that story been true with the Natonal Enguirer that Vernon Presley would have stepped in to check it out. After speaking with Bill Burke, he told me that it was definitely not true, so I believe him and the fact that Elvis's father would have stepped in to see if it had been true and he could have found out for sure!
I think it was people like that Dick Grob that started that story to help sell his book because Vernon Presley fired him for stealing Elvis's items and he had no more income..This is what Bill Burke told me.
Also,if people think that Linda Thompson would have not gone to sleep and saved Elvis's life then these people should be highly upset "with Linda" for NOT being there! That's how I look at it.
nina

Canada

#18 Feb 24, 2009
Candy wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,if people think that Linda Thompson would have not gone to sleep and saved Elvis's life then these people should be highly upset "with Linda" for NOT being there! That's how I look at it.
the reality is that Linda didn't want to be on constant death watch - it's why she left

Elvis had already being lining up a replacement - Ginger Alden

some claim he'd already lined up a replacement for Ginger

but I expect that most people who are made at Ginger are because she was too young to be where she was - and grapsed for anything to try to make themselves feel better - Like Linda saving him.

watching early interviews with Ginger, she comes across as the dumbest air head ever

if Linda could really have saved Elvis, it would have been while they were together

he didn't change his ways for her, and it wasn't going to be for anyone

it's telling that while Linda came to him as an adult with some career experience, celeb of her own

Ginger had nothing to bring to the table, other than as arm candy.

and I think people wanted better for Elvis than that - even though, he didn't

I find it odd, given that his mother was head of the house, that he wanted a girl who would not be any kind of partner to him
Candy

Fairmont, WV

#19 Feb 24, 2009
Well, all in all it was Ginger that was with Elvis in the end and who obviously made him happy enough that he became engaged to marry her and gave her an 11 1/2 carat diamond engagement ring! I was lucky enough to go to one of Elvis's concerts when he was with her and he introduced her and said this is my girlfriend Ginger whom I love very very much...So obviously she made him happy and for that I am gratful that at least he had someone around that he truly loved..God made sure of that before he took him home.
And, you are wrong about Ginger as in only being "arm candy"..She had a degree in Art and was going to Memphis Art Academy when she met Elvis Bill Burke told me. Bill Burke had seen some of her art work he told me and he was fascinated that she was that good to be quite young but you have to remember Elvis liked women young so that is certainly no fault of Gingers'.
I think it is very very wrong to be so judgemental regarding Ginger Alden when Elvis was the only one who actually held that rank and only he was "in the know" of whether he thought she was capable of being a partner in marriage which he obviously thought so or they would not have been engaged.
And, I take issue with you regarding any early interviews that you have seen of Ginger Alden as I have seen the few that she has done and I found her to be very kind, articulate and humble who never spoke an unkind word regarding Elvis in her interviews unlike Linda who is on every tv show she can get on blasting away at Elvis and even telling how she helped save Elvis from drowning in a bowl of chicken soup! I bet Elvis would really enjoy hearing that one!:(

Viva Las Vegas

#20 Feb 24, 2009
Alden v. Presley (1982)

Mother of Ginger Alden, Elvis' girlfriend at the time of his death (and the person who discovered his body), sues his estate for the enforcement of a gratuitous promise to pay off her mortgage, on the basis of detrimental reliance.

http://www.preslaw.net/alden-v-presley.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Because Elvis never did an overseas tour Sat Little monster 4
Elvis Presley and Kathy Westmoreland. (Feb '08) Fri Elvis fan 142
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Jun 21 love 53,065
Your Dislike for Priscilla (Aug '08) Jun 21 love 974
Extra in home Alone (Mar '08) Jun 21 love 323
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Jun 21 love 7,215
elvis as actor Jun 20 Ananass 1
More from around the web