Managua, Nicaragua

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

If I could give those that don't get it, a link to a news item on Elvis' record sales from tomorrow, or from the next day, or next week, I would (LOL), but for the moment this news item from today's number one netweok, worldwide, will suffice.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/28/us/elvis-pr...
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Judged:

If I could give those that don't get it, a link to a news item on Elvis' record sales from tomorrow, or from the next day, or next week, I would (LOL), but for the moment this news item from today's number one news network, not just in the US, but worldwide, will suffice.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/28/us/elvis-pr ...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Judged:

Johnnie is gay I think
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

It is a well documented fact in its entirety through the RCA press clippings issued before his death, that he had sold over 500 million records worldwide in all formats through 1974. From August 16, 1977 to August, 1978 when RCA records was using the pressing plants of other record companies to keep up with public demand for his recordings, it is estimated that he sold over 300 million records worldwide. Moreover RCA announced in 1982 that Elvis Aron Presley had gone over the billion mark in record sales. To reiterate,a billion units in all formats, thus making him the greatest recording act in the history of pop music. bar none.
Patrick

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Johnnie wrote:
Dont expect any elvis fans in here BSing about this whole thing. So it might as well just be me.
But thatīs fine to.
Because Iīm the only one smart enough to actually realize that elvis has never sold one billion albums.
But then again elvis fans are
more stupid then the scientologists out there.
Even Tom Cruise appears to be a true genius compared to elvis fans who just buys into this whole billion thing without a single claim that has or can be backed up in anyway.
Iīm sure Iīll piss some fans off as I tend to do when I post something.
But I donīt give a shit. This is my thread.
I post whatever I damn well please here.
Elvis has NOT sold one billion.
2013 GWR " elvis is the highest selling solo artist in history with a BILLION in sales "

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-rec...
Chatty Woods

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 GWR " elvis is the highest selling solo artist in history with a BILLION in sales "
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-rec...
I saw something similar so I guess the figures must be right
Paul

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Wow such hostility.
Elvis did not sell a billion albums, but he did sell a billion plus units which includes:
Singles, EPs, 78s, albums, reel to reels, 8 Tracks, cassettes, CDs.
For US sales RCA/BMG/Sony have presented the RIAA with sales totals for ALL Elvis album sales in the US-not just those that have reached the RIAA levels of accredidation and the RIAA admits they are legitimate sales-but until each of the over 400 album reissues and releases since his death hit the level specified for Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, those totals do not count.
Thus if a reissue is at 499,000 in sales those do not count toward the final accredited figures for Elvis album sales.
Right now his US sales alone for "accredited" albums is at 134.5 million adding in his unaccredited album sales and his US only total album sales is nearing 200 million-now add in his single sales in the US and you are nearing 300 million-for all units sold.
I billion plus units worldwide is a certainty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Elvis Presley Forum right now

Search the Elvis Presley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Elvis Presley Hated Cats (Jun '10) 3 hr Lee 134
The worst Elvis Prersley site (Nov '09) 5 hr Lee 24
Suzanna Leigh claims Elvis was Murdered ?? (Aug '11) 5 hr Lee 134
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 5 hr King Elvis 12,745
Who's the best Elvis impersonator? (Dec '07) 14 hr Courtney 113
What hypothesis best explains the events of Aug... Wed good-for-nothing picaro 0
Will The RIAA Ever Get Elvis' Totals Right? Wed Me Wonder 3
Why didn't Priscilla marry Marco Garibaldi (Jan '09) Jul 13 TigerMan 340
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••