Elvis has NOT sold one billion albums
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#83 May 28, 2012
If I could give those that don't get it, a link to a news item on Elvis' record sales from tomorrow, or from the next day, or next week, I would (LOL), but for the moment this news item from today's number one netweok, worldwide, will suffice.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/28/us/elvis-pr...
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#84 May 28, 2012
If I could give those that don't get it, a link to a news item on Elvis' record sales from tomorrow, or from the next day, or next week, I would (LOL), but for the moment this news item from today's number one news network, not just in the US, but worldwide, will suffice.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/28/us/elvis-pr ...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85 May 30, 2012
Johnnie is gay I think
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#86 Apr 14, 2013
It is a well documented fact in its entirety through the RCA press clippings issued before his death, that he had sold over 500 million records worldwide in all formats through 1974. From August 16, 1977 to August, 1978 when RCA records was using the pressing plants of other record companies to keep up with public demand for his recordings, it is estimated that he sold over 300 million records worldwide. Moreover RCA announced in 1982 that Elvis Aron Presley had gone over the billion mark in record sales. To reiterate,a billion units in all formats, thus making him the greatest recording act in the history of pop music. bar none.
Patrick

Ardsley, NY

#87 Apr 14, 2013
Johnnie wrote:
Dont expect any elvis fans in here BSing about this whole thing. So it might as well just be me.
But that´s fine to.
Because I´m the only one smart enough to actually realize that elvis has never sold one billion albums.
But then again elvis fans are
more stupid then the scientologists out there.
Even Tom Cruise appears to be a true genius compared to elvis fans who just buys into this whole billion thing without a single claim that has or can be backed up in anyway.
I´m sure I´ll piss some fans off as I tend to do when I post something.
But I don´t give a shit. This is my thread.
I post whatever I damn well please here.
Elvis has NOT sold one billion.
2013 GWR " elvis is the highest selling solo artist in history with a BILLION in sales "

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-rec...
Chatty Woods

Cheltenham, Australia

#88 Apr 18, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
2013 GWR " elvis is the highest selling solo artist in history with a BILLION in sales "
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-rec...
I saw something similar so I guess the figures must be right
Paul

United States

#89 Apr 23, 2013
Wow such hostility.
Elvis did not sell a billion albums, but he did sell a billion plus units which includes:
Singles, EPs, 78s, albums, reel to reels, 8 Tracks, cassettes, CDs.
For US sales RCA/BMG/Sony have presented the RIAA with sales totals for ALL Elvis album sales in the US-not just those that have reached the RIAA levels of accredidation and the RIAA admits they are legitimate sales-but until each of the over 400 album reissues and releases since his death hit the level specified for Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, those totals do not count.
Thus if a reissue is at 499,000 in sales those do not count toward the final accredited figures for Elvis album sales.
Right now his US sales alone for "accredited" albums is at 134.5 million adding in his unaccredited album sales and his US only total album sales is nearing 200 million-now add in his single sales in the US and you are nearing 300 million-for all units sold.
I billion plus units worldwide is a certainty.
BMG

Middletown, NY

#90 Oct 16, 2014
I am the only person who knows the origin of the one billion sales claim. It was based on an innocent mistake and after it was made public RCA could not recant. The person who actually created the myth thought that no one would ever remember Percilla's TV announcement. Boy was he wrong.
mystery

Broken Bow, NE

#91 Dec 24, 2014
Excuse me you wanna say that to my face Elvis was the greatest and if you have a problem with that I will fix your face do the math on his many albums he made combine that with singles wich sold more then albums in those days dum dum dum thank you get it right none of your worthless heqvey meatle hard rock shit could ever sell as much as Elvis Presley it is not a theory it is common sense
mystery

Broken Bow, NE

#92 Dec 24, 2014
Johnnie wrote:
This is for all of you stinking asses who likes elvis and tries to start shit.
You like elvis?
Well then elvis your sorry ass out of my thread.
hahhahhahhahhahha you make me bitch Elvis is the king your nothing

Since: May 10

Borlänge, Sweden

#93 Jan 30, 2015
You'd think that Elvis one billion sale would be a fact had he actually sold one billion,
which he hasn't so it's not a fact. Elvis is kind of like Bruce Lee.
Both of them legends, both of them men sadly turned into myths, with all the
"facts" about them being completely made up stories mostly by their own fans actually.
Gbay

Winder, GA

#97 Jul 17, 2015
In no way has Elvis sold 1 billion in TOTAL formats! Elvis album sales in total markets around 210 million, single sales around puts him at 273 million, and his uncertified material around 300-350 million. Plus, the 1 billion thing was a mistake. True Elvis fans would know!
Gbay

Winder, GA

#98 Jul 17, 2015
You are right. Elvis hasn't sold 1 billion. He most likely sold 300-330 million. I ended up getting 273 million, but he has unreleased material aswell. Michael Jackson has sold more than Elvis Presley.
Guess Who

Guilderland, NY

#99 Jul 20, 2015
Gbay wrote:
In no way has Elvis sold 1 billion in TOTAL formats! Elvis album sales in total markets around 210 million, single sales around puts him at 273 million, and his uncertified material around 300-350 million. Plus, the 1 billion thing was a mistake. True Elvis fans would know!
Keep up the fantasies of Michael Jackson being the top seller. That clown simply had the biggest selling album of all time and apparently, things went to his inflated tiny brain. Elvis easily sold at least two billion recordings worldwide in sixty years. He currently has nearly two hundred charted albums that are certified gold, platinum or multiple platinum. Besides, Elvis reached one billion in sales decades ago. Elvis worked and recorded sixty studio albums. He performed thousands of concerts which were recorded both legally or by fans. Not only that, twenty box sets of unreleased material has been released on Elvis. Most of them were million sellers. True Elvis fans know that Elvis was a full time performer and worked year after year non stop until he died in 1977. He leaves contemporary artists in the dust. He worked for his legacy and Michael Jackson did not.

Come back when you finally shed your childish fantasies of a lying Michael Jackson that had to spew hype to build himself up. I've read that Michael Jackson's total sales is only two hundred million. The Jackson 5 and its spin off disco, The Jacksons NEVER achieved even one lone number one album in all these years. They were obviously just a singles group that peaked early, then faded with many poor selling albums that clustered their laughable catalog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did elvis rape priscilla (Feb '10) Feb 14 Sue8 406
How to get access to Elvis' bedroom at Graceland (Dec '07) Feb 13 Elvis19777 68
elvis gay. (Feb '12) Feb 12 Mickyone 2
ELVIS had ADHD myth or fact (Sep '10) Feb 12 Teddi k 53
elvis and real brother jesse (May '11) Jan 30 blue eyes 65
Billy Smith (Dec '09) Jan 29 Pammmeee 137
King Creole In Color? (Oct '09) Jan 28 Sarah GODWIN 9
More from around the web