Comments
81 - 100 of 317 Comments Last updated Feb 14, 2013
DMV

Ireland

#81 Sep 29, 2008
MusicLover13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I have heard that some person has tried to contact the director and he says that the director doesn't even know who this guy is, but maybe the director was hiding something.
hmmmm interesting......

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Kansas

#82 Sep 29, 2008
Yeah very suspicious.

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#83 Sep 30, 2008
MusicLover13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know, but like I said I hope we find out soon. Check out this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9uXc8yeQLSwXX
No I don't think this guy is Elvis, but he is got me thinking.
I listened to that and then another one of whoever this same guy is saying it would be silly of him to come back to a lifestyle that he worked so hard to escape...very upsetting to hear, only because this man does sound so much like Elvis.(but i think he would sound a little older) after all, the voice ages too just like the rest of our body ages. I read on all the replies that it is someone named jon cotner.(the man on the tapes)

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#84 Sep 30, 2008
http://www.elviscommunity.com/kickapps/_IF-YO...

That's the tape that I listened to. I've never believed any of that elvis still alive thing. I think the reason it continues after all these years is because alot of it is a younger generation of fans who weren't here or were very young when Elvis passed.(like myself) for about a day after hearing this tape, I really did start to fall for it and have just a little bit of doubt that it may be him talking just because whoever it is has everything down pretty good (his speech patterns ,etc) but it's so cruel to use someone's name like that and try to fool people. listening to this was interesting though,he talks about a book and that all the people who thought he was still alive will have the last laugh. the parts where it's silent, is him waiting for other people to respond in the chatroom he was in on paltalk. Anyway after doing a little 'research', I do think it is probably Jon Cotner talking.

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#85 Sep 30, 2008
p.s. just incase anyone does listen to that, at 1:17 is when whoever talks about not coming back to that lifestyle.
who knows maybe this guy did this because he 'thinks' he's Elvis LOL.
I wasn't going to post any response about it but it really did upset me at first to hear, then I got mad about it!

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Kansas

#86 Sep 30, 2008
I understand and if this Jon Cotner guy thinks he is Elvis then he is crazy.
DMV

Ireland

#87 Oct 5, 2008
Jon Cotner, a fictional person created by R L Fleetwood aka Jon Smith and many others who also lives in Fort Worth, Texas. The vocals you do hear are actually R L Fleetwood.

&fe ature=related

Interesting........

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Kansas

#88 Oct 5, 2008
DMV wrote:
Jon Cotner, a fictional person created by R L Fleetwood aka Jon Smith and many others who also lives in Fort Worth, Texas. The vocals you do hear are actually R L Fleetwood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hvfJe_sSnYkXX&feature=rel ated
Interesting........
Interesting really. This guy does have a great voice for a 73 year old. I wonder if Aaron is part of this to because he is really Jon Cotner JR.
Douglas Stasionisas

São Paulo, Brazil

#89 Oct 9, 2008
I saw the picture of Luciano Saber. This actor don't seem in nothing like that extra! Do somebody already to try send one email to Luciano Saber to ask about?

“Music is in my soul”

Since: Jul 08

Kansas

#90 Oct 9, 2008
Nope nope not yet, but somebody should.
In the Know

Hamilton, Canada

#91 Nov 10, 2008
Forget Jon Cotner its all Tony Richards from Atlanta Georgia. Cotner is a made up name. Whoever the pic is of is probably a realtive of Richards or friend. People there is a very long running history of Tony and his little game for fame. He was Larry Blong (not the real one)Cotner and many others. He really isn't any Mystery Man. Does a great Elvis though.

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#92 Nov 11, 2008
In the Know wrote:
Forget Jon Cotner its all Tony Richards from Atlanta Georgia. Cotner is a made up name. Whoever the pic is of is probably a realtive of Richards or friend. People there is a very long running history of Tony and his little game for fame. He was Larry Blong (not the real one)Cotner and many others. He really isn't any Mystery Man. Does a great Elvis though.
well you are right whoever is doing that is playing a game (sick, twisted one. that's mean...he's got alot of people believing him and that he's Elvis!) as you obviously know.
In the Know

Hamilton, Canada

#93 Nov 11, 2008
Actually Tony is a very nice guy. He is just trying to get people interested in his voice. I think he should just drop the games is all. The whole Elvis Alive thing is over its all played out and Elvis is still dead no matter what some would like.

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#94 Nov 12, 2008
I agreed it's long over and played out...common sense tells me (if not some other people out there) that. but I read some of those messages and on some chat board where this guy had spoken, saying why he wouldn't come out of hiding ,just all kinds of stuff. so yeah that 's a 'game' but it's a mean one. cause he's leading some people to think it's possible that it's him.(elvis i mean).

“'So I keep singing a song'-EP”

Since: Feb 08

Whitehouse

#95 Nov 12, 2008
and those people only believe it could be possible because the guy sounds so very much like Elvis did. alot have tried but whoever that guy is you mentioned, he's got it down. he could use that in some other way than screwing with people
strel

Värnamo, Sweden

#96 Nov 12, 2008
I've been reading this thread! I think even if Elvis would had a possibility to what some people suggest to fake his own death! Why would he? He had his family, his daughter, his fans. Ok, he might have been tired of all bad publicity and people trying to scam him. Yet I think he truly loved being on stage and perform, so eventually he would have changed his way, changed manager and those things that was bad for him. He would gotten more control over his life and his music. Probably he would made his own lyrics,'cause he was talented. Anyway he wouldn't fake his death, he loved being a performer and he knew that his music was strong and had impact!And he was a family man, he was a father!! Sadly tragic happend. So I guess common sense is the the way to reason on this! Then people says his voice was failing, that might been for some shows but have in mind that his schedule was full, and I guess he was in a lot pressure to continue. I've listened to cd from the cbs tv special, and his voice seemed great and full, even greater than in the past. So my conclusion, he didn't fake his death, he sadly past away, to early!!!
This is just my opinion!
strel

Värnamo, Sweden

#97 Nov 12, 2008
Sorry, that I went off topic in th last post. No I don't believe that this extras in home alone is Elvis!

I'm going off topic again. Some people who claim Elvis being alive say things like there is a insurance that hasn't been claimed? But what I have read that insurance was for the band and crew when they were on the road! Sorry I can't get any source on this, because I think I found that info just by surfing the net without any obvious search intended.
mizbhavin30

Rockwall, TX

#98 Nov 17, 2008
Actually, Jon is Jon and Tony is Arion and unless you guys have personally visited with Jon then how can u say the things you say, which you obviously have not or you would know that he NEVER said that he is Elvis. He says he is Jon and he just likes to sing Elvis' songs. It's just that simple. He' a wonderful man and very sweet. Just a guy who oves Elvis just like we all do.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#99 Nov 17, 2008
mizbhavin30 wrote:
Actually, Jon is Jon and Tony is Arion and unless you guys have personally visited with Jon then how can u say the things you say, which you obviously have not or you would know that he NEVER said that he is Elvis. He says he is Jon and he just likes to sing Elvis' songs. It's just that simple. He' a wonderful man and very sweet. Just a guy who oves Elvis just like we all do.
Look, I haven't said anything bad about him. I understand that he likes Elvis, and sing covers of Elvis. I just wonder why he didn't use his voice to sing other things. Maybe he has? So he could be a singer of is own. But maybe he has the same problem like "Orion" who sounded to close to Elvis, so no labels wanted him? I don't know! As far as tribute artist I know to little to say anything. I have only listened to " Jim Ellis/Orion "
That's all!
just a thought

Fellingsbro, Sweden

#100 Dec 23, 2008
just a thought

Tony is a great talent in doing the 70's voice of Elvis and my guess is that he can sound like Jimmy Ellis better than most.

But of course he can use more than one identity on the web as most of us web writers do. Tony is probably both Arion and Jon Cotner.

He should be on a record label, as I think he's be a great recording artist in Elvis style. And I'm sure that there ARE record labels who want Elvis soundalikes...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... 23 hr goodvibrations 1
That's The Way It Is (Deluxe Edition) Fri Ronnie 4
Elvis was a Closed Homosexual (Aug '07) Fri faith 1228 1,329
Elvis Presley Hated Cats (Jun '10) Thu Pandora 145
Post Elvis songs in here. (Aug '12) Aug 28 ElvisGirl1970 122
king of the Hilton .... Aug 28 Barreno 1
did elvis rape priscilla (Feb '10) Aug 27 Lee 369
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Elvis Presley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••