New RIAA Album Awards For Elvis

New RIAA Album Awards For Elvis

There are 33 comments on the Elvis Presley E-zine story from Sep 26, 2011, titled New RIAA Album Awards For Elvis. In it, Elvis Presley E-zine reports that:

These latest awards bring Elvis' overall total of awarded album sales in the U.S.A. to 133 million.Breaking this down he has 89 GOLD albums, 50 PLATINUM albums, 25 MULTI-PLATINUM Albums and 1 DIAMOND album.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Elvis Presley E-zine.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#22 Apr 14, 2013
I would like to state to Nick and Mr. Burrows
that I and a host of Elvis fans will be pressing the RIAA in trying to correct this erroneous Presley record sales tabulations through letters and correspondence. In earnest, we as Elvis fans feel that this erroneous RIAA Presley record sales figures need an essential correction in factual tabulation. Many thanks for your output gentlemen!!
Patrick

United States

#23 Apr 15, 2013
Victor Abreu Miami Beach wrote:
I would like to state to Nick and Mr. Burrows
that I and a host of Elvis fans will be pressing the RIAA in trying to correct this erroneous Presley record sales tabulations through letters and correspondence. In earnest, we as Elvis fans feel that this erroneous RIAA Presley record sales figures need an essential correction in factual tabulation. Many thanks for your output gentlemen!!
Perhaps you can press the wma to award elvis the diamond Choprin award too

The Chopard Diamond award, or simply the Diamond award, is a special award of merit given by the World Music Awards to recording artists who have sold over 100 million albums throughout their career
Jim Burrows

Managua, Nicaragua

#24 Apr 15, 2013
Right Victor!! In the period from, say, August 17, 1977 till August 17, 1978 I happenned to have been studying my Master's at Oxford in England. Just the sheer number of Elvis albums which were sold there, during that period, seems inconceivable for RCA not to hava kept a track of. Even more so in the US. I remember vividly at various London and Colchester flats, as well as every Oxford dormitory I visited, to have been totally shocked by each man, or woman, having just pourchased an Elvis album, whether they shared my love for Elvis or not. And call me Jim, if you please.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#25 Apr 25, 2013
I just heard some wonderful news concerning new independent audited record certifications for Elvis Presley. It seems that in the upcoming Elvis week on August of this year, Presley will be awarded an unprecedented amount of new RIAA album certifications
that may put him on par with the Beatles, according to RIAA tabulations in album sales only.
It is my and many fans estimation that this is long overdue.If I hear any more news on this subject I will surely let you know.
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#26 Apr 25, 2013
Thank you for your output and correspondence,Jim. I will keep you inform about any Elvis news or new RIAA awards that may be upcoming for Elvis.
Any

Lima, Peru

#27 Apr 26, 2013
I also want to support Elvis correijan errors billboard with Elvis's most precious legacy is his music q tell me where to write or to and somewhere to send complaints.
My email: [email protected]
Judy

Peru

#29 Jun 8, 2013
elvis the best!
Victor Abreu

Miami Beach, FL

#30 Jun 8, 2013
Of course he is the best. We are talking about the greatest recording act of all time. Good Point Judy.,
Mr Wonder

United States

#31 Aug 8, 2014
Um! Still waiting for the new awards for gold and platinum albums that will increase Elvis' total U S sales. WHERE ARE THEY? Sorry, didn't mean to yell.
Prufex

Lancaster, OH

#32 Aug 9, 2014
Victor Abreu wrote:
Of course he is the best. We are talking about the greatest recording act of all time. Good Point Judy.,
It was 43 years ago when I first thought "there will never be anybody quite as awesome as Elvis". I just didn't think it was possible.

I didn't realize what an understatement that was. No one has even come close.

There won't ever be another quite like Elvis Presley..... that's no mystery.
nick

Edmonton, Canada

#33 Aug 11, 2014
VICTOR, where are these new RIAA awards that are do?
Victor Abreu Miami Beach

North Miami Beach, FL

#34 Aug 11, 2014
To Nick!! Personally I don't think that the RIAA cares about bestowing any more awards on the Elvis Presley Estate. Neither does Jack Soden seems willing to pay a fee to the RIAA auditors to confirmed the obvious. Elvis has at least 12 albums that are due certifications and upgrades. And yet due to the faulty computation methods that the RIAA uses, no one seems to care. Why pay a pay fee to the auditors when proper credit and tabulations will not be accorded justly to Presley?
nick

Edmonton, Canada

#35 Aug 11, 2014
Garth brooks will surpass ELVIS in the record books.Elvis fans will have to accept this for reasons you mentioned,makes cents. thanks VICTOR.ELVIS deserves better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 6 hr RICK 12,904
Is Graceland haunted..? (Mar '11) Fri Pammmeee 53
Maybe Elvis didnt lose his wedding ring at the ... (Dec '10) Fri Pammmeee 8
Why did Priscilla change Graceland (from the wa... (Feb '08) Fri Pammmeee 26
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Dec 8 texas pete 7,220
Priscilla's house (May '10) Dec 7 lyndsey 154
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) Nov 26 joycevaughn 236
More from around the web