Eliana

Toronto, Canada

#21 Nov 23, 2012
Pooooooo
Steinar Elvis Lyshaug

Mly, Norway

#22 Jul 1, 2013
Sid Orr wrote:
I have recently purchased a 1956 Ranch Wagon which was purchased in Memphis in 1956 and spent it's entire life there. It has an original title and was believed to have been bought by Elvis for a woman who helped Elvis' mother during that period. The car has been in storage and currently has a documented 14,000 original miles on it. So, not all gift-cars were Cadillacs.
Hello Sid Orr

I found your comment interesting because i've started a project trying to trace all the cars Elvis bought, do you have any more info on your car? Pictures, info and stories i would love to know more. Please write to me on: [email protected]

And to comment on the tread here: No one knows exactly how many cars Elvis owned, but there has been many rare ones and Elvis loved to put his own touch to many of them too. The documentary 200 Cadillacs assumes that there are at least 200 Cadillacs he bought and gave away. But that's just the Cadillacs, then there's Lincolns (i've read that he ones gave a away 30 in one night), there's a couple of Thunderbirds, Priscilla's Corvair and Mercedes, her brother got a Mustang, there's the Dream Cadillac he designed but Barris Kustoms didn't finish until after he passed away, there's the Cadillac Station Wagon and a Cadillac Pickup (both very rare). Four Stutz's, a bunch of Ford Ranchero's for the Circle G Ranch, an International Scout and the pink Jeep the guards used at Graceland. And i've even seen that the last car he was supposed to have bought was a Pontiac Trans Am that he gave away. So there's plenty to find out, curious ones can follow and comment with their pictures and stories in the facebook group Elvis' Graceland Garage. I would love any help i can get, and feel free to Write to me in the e-mail above:o)
Joe K

Hudson, NY

#23 Aug 21, 2013
I dont count Cars that he paid for others his cars. Thats the problem there are cars in collections that are called Elvis owned and they are not. His name is on the check thats all.
Joe K
www.elvis2001.net

Since: Aug 13

Kathmandu, Nepal

#24 Sep 4, 2013
nina wrote:
they estimate he bought about 200 caddies, and other vehicles
most were given away by him to friends, associates and strangers
I am not clear on how many car actually he bought but some might be in garage, some he might has given gift to his beloved ones and some he has sold.
Jordan

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#25 Jan 8, 2014
I like elvis Presley
Ami

Dayton, OH

#26 Nov 10, 2014
He bought 100 caddies approximately. That is according to Gas Monkey. He gave most of them to family, friends, and fans. 11-10-14 Ami
Anaid Landa

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Dec 22, 2014
Well he bought an estimate of 100 or more Cadillac's and gave away
Starneck89

Bellflower, CA

#30 Mar 28, 2015
He owned over a hundred but he gave most away as gifts
CRodriguez

Mountain View, CA

#31 Apr 6, 2015
Elvis bought and sold 100 Cadillacs over the course of his life.
Russell Moore

Lubbock, TX

#32 Dec 18, 2015
I own a 1976 dodge power wagon Elvis bought for a friend and body guard.
Carpro

Philippi, WV

#33 Jan 7, 2016
Well he actually owned 100.
Dvoyles98

Summerville, GA

#35 Jan 21, 2016
Elvis Presley had approximately 100 caddies. Discovery channel just proved it.
cowgirls

Dawson Springs, KY

#36 Feb 18, 2016
He had 100 cars In his life time.
cowgirls

Dawson Springs, KY

#37 Feb 18, 2016
You like to watch gas monkeys
cowgirls

Dawson Springs, KY

#38 Feb 18, 2016
Elvis Presley died over a drug overdose in his 40s and he was barred in his back yord🐎💩
ariel

Wilson, NC

#39 Mar 21, 2016
He had 100 over all
Hmb1982

Greenville, SC

#40 May 14, 2016
Elvis had 100 Cadillacs that he bought and gave away. Of course he had other makes/models, but as far as Caddys, it was around 100.
Ajs

Freeport, FL

#41 May 14, 2016
According to the discovery channel he owned 100 caddies
Tom Allmon

United States

#43 Oct 23, 2016
Although there's many rumors of the amount of Cadillacs Elvis had owned and purchased they is no official records showing the amount, the onces that he had purchased for friends and fans was never tilted in his name he simple just paid for them. I think the 200 amount is more a rumor then anything else not that Elvis couldn't afford to do so, but he had spent a lot of his fortune on himself, Graceland and his ranch the Flying G was in constant renovations and was costing him a small fortune and his taste for having custom jewelry made was very expensive and if you look at his costumes alone it was very expensive too, and you mustn't forget Colonel Parker was taking over 50% of his earnings,
Amber

Clinton, IA

#44 Feb 23, 2017
nina wrote:
they estimate he bought about 200 caddies, and other vehicles

most were given away by him to friends, associates and strangers
Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did elvis rape priscilla (Feb '10) Tue J beasley 393
News Priscilla Presley: 'There Will Never Be Another... (Sep '07) Mar 26 Lee 201
Elvis could do WESTERN. unreal! Mar 23 Truly is king 1
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Mar 16 Spotted Wee 7,220
Elvis Presley Moody Blue Error Vinyl?? Mar 15 Nightkids 1
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) Mar 15 Shirley 229
Linda Hood Sigmon/ Her Website (Mar '11) Mar 8 Flatnosedonkey 1,710
More from around the web