Do you know it was Elvis who divorced...
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

#22 Nov 4, 2007
becky wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't tell you what to say, you doing fine on your own. There lots of things that have to do with elvis that don't have priscilla in it. How come yous never talk about ginger or linda, they two have been involved with elvis.
Becky, I dont mention Ginger or Linda much as Linda loved,cared and was a good friend to Elvis. Ginger on the other-hand was a very short not very exciting girl-friend in Elvis' life. Did'nt last long as Elvis died...sadly! Now both these women tho were never his EXX wife who took him for a ride, royally and also left him taking his precious lisa (his reasoning for living) away! well that was enough so it seems as she humiliated, and disgraced him repeatedly hurting him intensely!
And last but not the least Yea, there are many things about Elvis that are not about Pricilla that of...SHE will be forever known as the one who disgraced and himiliated Elvis ...HE the ONE who was so wonderful who forgave and will be treasured and be adored forever in the hearts of nearly a billion!
Now Becky,dont get me wrong there is no hate for Pricilla. Disgust is more like what I really feel for this woman. But as I always say,"what goes around must come around!"
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

#23 Nov 4, 2007
Ellie wrote:
And by the way, another fact is that both E & P actually used ONE lawyer when he first filed for divorce - Elvis told him to give Priscilla whatever she wanted - She asked for $100,000 and got it. clearly if she had had her own lawyer they wold have been smart enough to ask for a whole lot more than $100,000. Priscilla did not - at that time - know the value of money as she had never managed her own! So it was soon after she realised she had asked for a relatively small amount and as the divorce had then been finalised she had to sue Elvis for more money.
That much is true. The bit about her not letting Elvis have much access to Lisa until he said (along the lines of) you can have more money but I want more access to Lisa!
Harry M. Fain WAS Pricilla's lawyer used in the divorce case. He was also the one who praised Elvis saying" I have never seen such an honourable man who never refused to pay the ammount with such decency and generousity"!
He recently died at the age of 88.
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

#24 Nov 4, 2007
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>That's silly. Did she never hear of a P.O. Box? Besides, her new address with shack up Mike Stone had already been smeared all over the press. Anyone who wanted it could get it.
It had nothing to do with her address or Lisa. The fact is what I have stated. Elvis' lawyer quoted much less she did not agree and so did her lawyer! Well finally, Elvis signed...And for a fat settlement. I will give you the exact amt. later!!

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

#25 Nov 4, 2007
Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry M. Fain WAS Pricilla's lawyer used in the divorce case. He was also the one who praised Elvis saying" I have never seen such an honourable man who never refused to pay the ammount with such decency and generousity"!
He recently died at the age of 88.
When first divorcing they had one lawyer. Priscilla then SUED to reopen the divorce case and that time they each had a lawyer.

"May of 1973 - Priscilla had reopened the divorce case. The settlement on the face of it was clearly one-sided: for a man of such wealth to pay little more than $100,000 in a state where community property was the rule, and for both parties to be represented by the husband's lawyers was unfair-- but that's what SHE wanted."

THE SETTLEMENT - Elvis would pay $125,000 in cash, plus $6000 a month for 10 years,(added to the $4000 he was paying for child support, even though they both had joint custody, and he's paying $10,000 per month!!) He gave Priscilla half the sale of the Hillcrest house (It finally sold on August 31 for $450,000), plus $4200 a month (now we're up to $14,200 per month!!) for spousal support for a year AND 5 percent of the new publishing companies, amounted to close to TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!"

http://members.tripod.com/sharoncarrell_1/Elv...
becky

Courtice, Canada

#26 Nov 4, 2007
Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
Becky, I dont mention Ginger or Linda much as Linda loved,cared and was a good friend to Elvis. Ginger on the other-hand was a very short not very exciting girl-friend in Elvis' life. Did'nt last long as Elvis died...sadly! Now both these women tho were never his EXX wife who took him for a ride, royally and also left him taking his precious lisa (his reasoning for living) away! well that was enough so it seems as she humiliated, and disgraced him repeatedly hurting him intensely!
And last but not the least Yea, there are many things about Elvis that are not about Pricilla that of...SHE will be forever known as the one who disgraced and himiliated Elvis ...HE the ONE who was so wonderful who forgave and will be treasured and be adored forever in the hearts of nearly a billion!
Now Becky,dont get me wrong there is no hate for Pricilla. Disgust is more like what I really feel for this woman. But as I always say,"what goes around must come around!"
Thanks Aron. You make some good points, but however l still don't know alot and still learning. forgive me if l was rude cause l wasn't trying too. I enjoy your posts, and one day when l read more up on elvis than l will to see what kind of woman she has been and will be.
MsMolly

Bloomingdale, IL

#27 Nov 5, 2007
I just think Elvis would have paid anything to be done with her.

Viva Las Vegas

#28 Nov 5, 2007
MsMolly wrote:
I just think Elvis would have paid anything to be done with her.
IMO
You may be right, Molly. I think during a divorce there must be times privately you would like to choke the other partner as they push your buttons, but I also think there were times in the later years that he was melancholy for what once was.
ELVIS always treated Priscilla like an angel puplicly no matter what he might have been thinking at that moment about different situations in their life. I have always respected his chivalry and honor for behaving like sweet southern gentleman when speaking of her in public.
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

#29 Nov 5, 2007
becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Aron. You make some good points, but however l still don't know alot and still learning. forgive me if l was rude cause l wasn't trying too. I enjoy your posts, and one day when l read more up on elvis than l will to see what kind of woman she has been and will be.
Becky you are most welcome:) If ever I do bite sometimes its becoz we dont know who and whats coming up next, you see. We have some snipers and vipers here but then, WE ARE HERE TOO AND NOTHING WILL DRIVE US AWAY!....So join us...Welcome Becky to the Elvis clan! Read up some old posts Becky and you will find a lot of stuff worth reading and getting to know Elvis and ....Pricilla!
We all loved her.....ONCE, Becky!
MIKE THE ONLY PELVIS LOL

AOL

#30 Nov 5, 2007
WELL JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT ELVIS WAS OK WITH PRISCILLA. I JUST FOUND IT WEIRD THAT PRISCILLA LISA MARIE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WOULD BE IN THE SAME PLACE TOGETHER LIKE A HAPPY FAMILY.
I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAD TO TELL EVERYONE THAT PRISCILLA BOUGHT HIM A ROLLS ROYCE HE BOUGHT HER A MINK THEN HAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND SHOW THE RING.
ITS ALMOST AS IF HES MAKING A STATEMENT TO PRISCILLA I MOVED ON WITH MY LIFE LATER FOR YOU AND PRISCILLA IS PLAYING ALONG.

http://youtube.com/watch...

Viva Las Vegas

#31 Nov 5, 2007
MIKE THE ONLY PELVIS LOL wrote:
WELL JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT ELVIS WAS OK WITH PRISCILLA. I JUST FOUND IT WEIRD THAT PRISCILLA LISA MARIE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WOULD BE IN THE SAME PLACE TOGETHER LIKE A HAPPY FAMILY.
I ALSO DONT UNDERSTAND WHY HE HAD TO TELL EVERYONE THAT PRISCILLA BOUGHT HIM A ROLLS ROYCE HE BOUGHT HER A MINK THEN HAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND SHOW THE RING.
ITS ALMOST AS IF HES MAKING A STATEMENT TO PRISCILLA I MOVED ON WITH MY LIFE LATER FOR YOU AND PRISCILLA IS PLAYING ALONG.
Hi Mike,
I did not quite understand your statement of what you think ELVIS is doing there in that Desert Storm speech. Personally I think there is a lot of male ego "face saving" going on.

ELVIS was ranting that night and I think emotionally upset about Priscilla....still. Though it was now the summer of 74. I sure don't know all what might have been going on in his head so anything I say is really just conjecture/opinion.
He talked to the audience and told them that the breakup was because of his work (taking any blame off his wife) and that they were still friends, shared gifts, etc., and shows the audience her in the booth with Lisa and his new girlfriend. Goes on about how lucky he was. Yet yells out to Cilla, "Listen Cilla" as he sings the song "It's Midnight". I am no psychologist, but I personally think there was a whole lot of what a psych would call "compensating" going on with that whole speech. IMO he is missing Priscilla and what they once had together.

Lyrics to "It's Midnight"

It's Midnight Lyrics
Artist(Band):Elvis Presley

(Words & music by Wheeler - Chesnut)

Maybe it's too late I sometimes I even hate myself
For loving you
Trying to be strong then night-time comes along and I start wanting you
Wanting you.
Where is all my self control I'm burning way down in my soul
And needing you

Wishing I could be the man, I try to
Hating me for wanting you to be with you
Knowing you don't love me like you used to
But it's midnight, Oh and I miss you

It's getting late and I know that's when I am weak
Funny how things have a way of looking so much brighter in the day light
I ought to go to bed and try and straighten out my head and just forget you
Oh but it's midnight, yeah and I miss you

I ought to go to bed to try and straighten out my head and just forget you
Oh but it's midnight and I miss you

It's midnight and I miss you

Mike, Please tell me again your thoughts of what you think he is doing there as I don't quite understand. Thanks

Credit for lyrics to:
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/It 's-Midnight-lyrics-Elvis-Presl ey/DFD0F5B30DB0390448256874003 512AD

“"God is above religion"”

Since: Dec 06

Alfords Point, Australia

#32 Nov 5, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike,
I did not quite understand your statement of what you think ELVIS is doing there in that Desert Storm speech. Personally I think there is a lot of male ego "face saving" going on.
ELVIS was ranting that night and I think emotionally upset about Priscilla....still. Though it was now the summer of 74. I sure don't know all what might have been going on in his head so anything I say is really just conjecture/opinion.
He talked to the audience and told them that the breakup was because of his work (taking any blame off his wife) and that they were still friends, shared gifts, etc., and shows the audience her in the booth with Lisa and his new girlfriend. Goes on about how lucky he was. Yet yells out to Cilla, "Listen Cilla" as he sings the song "It's Midnight". I am no psychologist, but I personally think there was a whole lot of what a psych would call "compensating" going on with that whole speech. IMO he is missing Priscilla and what they once had together.
For loving you
Wanting you.
And needing you
Hi Carole :) Interesting post...I didint know that incident happened.
MIKE THE ONLY PELVIS LOL

AOL

#33 Nov 5, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike,
For loving you
Wanting you.
And needing you
DO YOU MEAN THE YOUTUBE LINK I PUT UP? I DIDNT KNOW THEY REFERRED TO WHAT HE SAID AS DESERT STORM.
PERSONALLY I THINK HES TRYING TO LET HIS FANS KNOW THAT SHE DIDNT LEAVE HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN AND THAT HES STILL THE MAN.
YOU CANT BLAME HIM. IF ALL THE LADIES WANTED HIM AND HE WAS OF SUCH MAGNITUDE HERE COMES PRISCILLA AND LEAVES HIM FOR ANOTHER. THAT DEFINITELY MUST OF HURT HIS PRIDE IF HE WAS A PROUD MAN. I THINK ANY MAN THAT HAPPENS TO WOULD REACT.
I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT YOUD LIKE TO TAKE A LOOK. BUT I NOTICE THAT HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS SHEILA SAID IF HE DID IT THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH PRISCILLA.
ALSO WONDERFUL ESPOSITO SAYING THAT ELVIS TOLD PRISCILLA TO GET SOMEONE ELSE (SOMETHING LIKE THAT) BUT THEN HE DIDNT MEAN IT. WHAT DID HE EXPECT.
I NEVER KNEW ANY OF THIS.

Viva Las Vegas

#34 Nov 5, 2007
The controvery about that night isn't over if it did happen, but how drugged up ELVIS was.
Something set him off to be extra emotional that night about some issues in his life at that time. He gets into a monologue on stage,(which the fans always loved when ELVIS would talk and be so natural with them) but this night he was extra fired up. He talks about Priscilla and his breakup, some guy at that was being fired that ELVIS was defending, some people talking about his taking drugs where he states, "I'll pull his tongue out by the roots", and a few other things. It was an emotional closing night, and ELVIS needed to get some things off his chest. I believe his detractors make more of it than necessary. The night was closing night September 2, 1974.

Viva Las Vegas

#35 Nov 5, 2007
MIKE THE ONLY PELVIS LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU MEAN THE YOUTUBE LINK I PUT UP? I DIDNT KNOW THEY REFERRED TO WHAT HE SAID AS DESERT STORM.
PERSONALLY I THINK HES TRYING TO LET HIS FANS KNOW THAT SHE DIDNT LEAVE HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN AND THAT HES STILL THE MAN.
YOU CANT BLAME HIM. IF ALL THE LADIES WANTED HIM AND HE WAS OF SUCH MAGNITUDE HERE COMES PRISCILLA AND LEAVES HIM FOR ANOTHER. THAT DEFINITELY MUST OF HURT HIS PRIDE IF HE WAS A PROUD MAN. I THINK ANY MAN THAT HAPPENS TO WOULD REACT.
I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT YOUD LIKE TO TAKE A LOOK. BUT I NOTICE THAT HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS SHEILA SAID IF HE DID IT THEN WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH PRISCILLA.
ALSO WONDERFUL ESPOSITO SAYING THAT ELVIS TOLD PRISCILLA TO GET SOMEONE ELSE (SOMETHING LIKE THAT) BUT THEN HE DIDNT MEAN IT. WHAT DID HE EXPECT.
I NEVER KNEW ANY OF THIS.
You see it the same way I do, Mike. ELVIS was saving face. I don't blame him either. Even an average Joe that gets left would act the same.

I don't know the thing of what Joe said. Some of that kind of stuff is hard... as you don't know when what was said ...and in what context and about what. A short argument and Joe remembers one line of it 30 something years later. You know what I mean? Things can get blown out of perportion when your relying on an old memory and only showing one or two pieces of the whole puzzle. ;)

Viva Las Vegas

#37 Nov 5, 2007
October 19, 1973 ELVIS and Priscilla's divorce becomes official

September 2, 1974....
Cilla in the audience...

Listen for

"Listen Cilla"

Lee

Redmond, WA

#38 Nov 5, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
The controvery about that night isn't over if it did happen, but how drugged up ELVIS was.
Something set him off to be extra emotional that night about some issues in his life at that time. He gets into a monologue on stage,(which the fans always loved when ELVIS would talk and be so natural with them) but this night he was extra fired up. He talks about Priscilla and his breakup, some guy at that was being fired that ELVIS was defending, some people talking about his taking drugs where he states, "I'll pull his tongue out by the roots", and a few other things. It was an emotional closing night, and ELVIS needed to get some things off his chest. I believe his detractors make more of it than necessary. The night was closing night September 2, 1974.
Look, a lot of negative stuff was going on in his life right then and he knew it was making the papers. He was supposed to just get up there and sing. But knowing that the public was getting all this it was only natural for him to want to speak back. I don't see why that means he was drugged up. There was nothing wrong or even strange about him speaking up about these things.

Viva Las Vegas

#39 Nov 5, 2007
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Look, a lot of negative stuff was going on in his life right then and he knew it was making the papers. He was supposed to just get up there and sing. But knowing that the public was getting all this it was only natural for him to want to speak back. I don't see why that means he was drugged up. There was nothing wrong or even strange about him speaking up about these things.
Why are you saying "look" to me, Lee?
I TOTALLY AGREE with you. I don't think he was drugged up and if he was on anything (something has been said about a toothache problem that was going on at this time)... certainly not to the extent his detractors say.

I can't deny this night happened ...certainly it is out there on the WWW to see that it did happen...but I think the interpretations are way out in left field as far as the "drugged up" comments.

Viva Las Vegas

#40 Nov 5, 2007
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Look, a lot of negative stuff was going on in his life right then and he knew it was making the papers. He was supposed to just get up there and sing. But knowing that the public was getting all this it was only natural for him to want to speak back. I don't see why that means he was drugged up. There was nothing wrong or even strange about him speaking up about these things.
This is a good and well stated post... and I also believe ELVIS had every right to speak his mind that night. I wasn't there that night,(early that summer season), but a person I do know was and he says it was a really great show.

Alfords Point, Australia

#41 Nov 5, 2007
TCB-girl wrote:
October 19, 1973 ELVIS and Priscilla's divorce becomes official
September 2, 1974....
Cilla in the audience...
Listen for
"Listen Cilla"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rZdi9VUM1KgXX
Oh... Never heard that one before either.He sang it so beautifully though

Alfords Point, Australia

#42 Nov 5, 2007
Lee wrote:
Yes thisd is true... If it were today things would be so different.It just would not happen like it did then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Mar 16 Spotted Wee 7,220
Elvis Presley Moody Blue Error Vinyl?? Mar 15 Nightkids 1
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) Mar 15 Shirley 229
Linda Hood Sigmon/ Her Website (Mar '11) Mar 8 Flatnosedonkey 1,710
Poll Which Elvis"SiblingS"are really Elvis off-spring?? (Oct '08) Mar 8 Janet Robinson Brown 399
Crazy Little Thing called Love (Jul '08) Mar 5 JBM 13
News 'World's best Elvis' Chris Connor recreates Pre... Mar 2 carolyn joynor 1
More from around the web