Do you know it was Elvis who divorced Pricilla, not the other way round??

Posted in the Elvis Presley Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of711
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

When Elvis came to know of Pricilla screwing around with Mike Stone he was very angry true but do you know HE ASKED for a divorce while she was just playing around? There was no way Elvis was taking pricilla's deceit! He asked for the papers and signed it on january 8th 1073. He asked for it not she!!
becky

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

it says in every book l have read that it was indeed priscilla asked for the divorce. It was priscilla that left and didn't come back. I may not believe the MM stories but this is one l take there word for it. I always liked priscilla so l don't get into the bashing.

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

Priscilla asked for the divorce, but ELVIS filed it at Priscilla's request as she did not want her address to become public and to become hounded by the fans and so he accommodated her wishes as he so often did. At least that is my understanding of the circumstances.
Lee

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

Judged:

Aron wrote:
When Elvis came to know of Pricilla screwing around with Mike Stone he was very angry true but do you know HE ASKED for a divorce while she was just playing around? There was no way Elvis was taking pricilla's deceit! He asked for the papers and signed it on january 8th 1073. He asked for it not she!!
Jan.8th, 1073?

Aron, Elvis did not file for a divorce until long after Priscilla shacked up with Mike Stone. And AFTER she had held her press conference with MIKE STONE, the two of them so proud of them whoring around, both of them married to other people.

It was never published WHY Elvis was the one to file, but I think she just gave him that one little dignity, of letting him be the one to file. She was the one who left, and demanded the divorce.

You know that day, when they left the divorce court together, hand in hand, Elvis pretending that everything was alright? Well, that night he was rushed to the hospital. He had overdosed.

He was miserable that day, even though he tried to make it look like everthing was o.k.
Lee

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

becky wrote:
it says in every book l have read that it was indeed priscilla asked for the divorce. It was priscilla that left and didn't come back. I may not believe the MM stories but this is one l take there word for it. I always liked priscilla so l don't get into the bashing.
Bash bash, kick, kick!!
becky

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

To each is there own lee..
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Jan.8th, 1073?
Aron, Elvis did not file for a divorce until long after Priscilla shacked up with Mike Stone. And AFTER she had held her press conference with MIKE STONE, the two of them so proud of them whoring around, both of them married to other people.
It was never published WHY Elvis was the one to file, but I think she just gave him that one little dignity, of letting him be the one to file. She was the one who left, and demanded the divorce.
You know that day, when they left the divorce court together, hand in hand, Elvis pretending that everything was alright? Well, that night he was rushed to the hospital. He had overdosed.
He was miserable that day, even though he tried to make it look like everthing was o.k.
Lee now listen to this, Pricilla did not ask for a divorce earlier since she was holding out for a huge settlement. In 1971, Pricilla and Elvis spent Christmas at Graceland,which was lousy for both the tension was terrible. That same year, according to those present more of pricilla's sarcastic remarks at the Christmas party and both totally ignored eachother thru-out. That same night, the fountain caught fire and Jerry and Vernon tried putting it out and... all the while Elvis laughed saying " Thats the funniest Fuc--n thing that,I've seen ALL NIGHT!!
Early 1972, pricialla left with lisa Marie in a station wagon and later sent for her horse and some items.
By then, Elvis' attorney Ed Hookstratten, filed for divorce from Elvis side courting a specific ammount and certain terms which pricilla and her lawyer refused! SO ANOTHER one was drawn up and THIS TIME Pricilla and her attorney AGREED! Thats how he filed and it was he who signed the papers on Jan the 8th. And Lee he was overdosed that day not for love or loss of pricilla. They love had soured and they were'nt even on good terms for a long time! later they came to terms with their anger and were ONLY CIVIL to eachother as it bothered Lisa and Elvis saw that!
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

becky wrote:
So DID we my dear untill she proved to be a lousy wife, money hungry, fame hungry, calculating woman!!
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

becky wrote:
To each is there own lee..
I would not say bash or kick but every action of hers proved she had very little deceny left!!
Divorce is dirty but its left sometimes to the parties concerned to play fair and Elvis tops the list!
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

TCB-girl wrote:
Priscilla asked for the divorce, but ELVIS filed it at Priscilla's request as she did not want her address to become public and to become hounded by the fans and so he accommodated her wishes as he so often did. At least that is my understanding of the circumstances.
Ofcourse she did but she also knew she had to wait sometime for a huge settlement which in the meantime Elvis' attorney HAD filed and WAS REJECTED saying the ammount was too little according to pricilla!!
becky

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

to be frank there more things about elvis to discuss instead of priscilla.
Aron

Johanneshov, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

becky wrote:
Indeed there is but pray, we were speaking about Elvis or did'nt you notice?
Apart from that, I dont see why or who should tell me what I should say. I will say what I please and if you dont like it move on elsewhere!!
becky

Bowmanville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed there is but pray, we were speaking about Elvis or did'nt you notice?
Apart from that, I dont see why or who should tell me what I should say. I will say what I please and if you dont like it move on elsewhere!!
I didn't tell you what to say, you doing fine on your own. There lots of things that have to do with elvis that don't have priscilla in it. How come yous never talk about ginger or linda, they two have been involved with elvis.
Ellie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

TCB-girl wrote:
You are absolutely right.
Ellie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

And by the way, another fact is that both E & P actually used ONE lawyer when he first filed for divorce - Elvis told him to give Priscilla whatever she wanted - She asked for $100,000 and got it. clearly if she had had her own lawyer they wold have been smart enough to ask for a whole lot more than $100,000. Priscilla did not - at that time - know the value of money as she had never managed her own! So it was soon after she realised she had asked for a relatively small amount and as the divorce had then been finalised she had to sue Elvis for more money.

That much is true. The bit about her not letting Elvis have much access to Lisa until he said (along the lines of) you can have more money but I want more access to Lisa!

“....may God bless you, Adios”

Since: Jul 07

Viva Las Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Ellie wrote:
And by the way, another fact is that both E & P actually used ONE lawyer when he first filed for divorce - Elvis told him to give Priscilla whatever she wanted - She asked for $100,000 and got it. clearly if she had had her own lawyer they wold have been smart enough to ask for a whole lot more than $100,000. Priscilla did not - at that time - know the value of money as she had never managed her own! So it was soon after she realised she had asked for a relatively small amount and as the divorce had then been finalised she had to sue Elvis for more money.
This much I also have read Ellie. The last paragraph I left off because I do not know about that part of the quote....one way or the other.
Lee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

becky wrote:
The things that Priscilla did to Elvis should NEVER be forgotten. Too bad the press has made her out to be the long suffering wife of the philandeder Elvis, when she had her first affair only four months after Lisa Marie was born!!
Lee

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

becky wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't tell you what to say, you doing fine on your own. There lots of things that have to do with elvis that don't have priscilla in it. How come yous never talk about ginger or linda, they two have been involved with elvis.
Priscilla was the one he truly loved. She did so much emotional damage to Elvis. It is not fair that she doesn't have to answer for the whoring she did. She treated Elvis horribly.
Lee

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Ellie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right.
That's silly. Did she never hear of a P.O. Box? Besides, her new address with shack up Mike Stone had already been smeared all over the press. Anyone who wanted it could get it.
Lee

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Aron wrote:
I would have to check the date on the divorce papers, and of course I don't have it in front of me. But I believe they went down to Santa Monica Superior court to sign them together. And it was much LATER than Jan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of711
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Elvis Presley Forum right now

Search the Elvis Presley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Nick on Elvis Presley (Nov '10) 33 min Lee 23
Priscilla's house (May '10) 5 hr Prufex 147
Will The RIAA Ever Get Elvis' Totals Right? 7 hr Victor Abreu Miami Beach 2
Who's the best Elvis impersonator? (Dec '07) 16 hr King Elvis 113
Elvis was how much American Indian heritage?? (Jul '08) Jul 19 ricoh 224
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Jul 19 dreamingofelvis 12,741
Linda Hood Sigmon/ Her Website (Mar '11) Jul 19 dreamingofelvis 1,695
•••
•••