Lust, Elvis

Lust, Elvis

There are 81 comments on the Elvis Presley E-zine story from Feb 15, 2013, titled Lust, Elvis. In it, Elvis Presley E-zine reports that:

RCA have regularly released their Elvis "love songs" compilations and while there is a positive reason to have these kind of CDs in local record shops, Elvis Presley wasn't always about love and, in the fifties more importantly, he was far more about lust! In the 1950s' Elvis was basically too damn sexy for mainstream TV, yet 82% of the US viewing ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Elvis Presley E-zine.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lee

Burbank, CA

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Why did they have to do this? Elvis was never about lust and never tried to create an image of a "sex symbol".
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#2 Feb 17, 2013
Lee wrote:
Elvis was never about lust.
Wow.

One sentence sums up just how stupid you are.

Elvis was pure lust for the teens of the 50s; lust was a good portion of why he became so popular.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#3 Feb 17, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
One sentence sums up just how stupid you are.
Elvis was pure lust for the teens of the 50s; lust was a good portion of why he became so popular.
Let's see, you were how old then? It was not that way at all. Elvis was a romantic idol, not a sex symbol. The term "sex symbol' was coined just for Elvis by the way, by people who hated him, and would continually say "he is a flash in the pan, he has no talent, he is just a symbol of sex, a sex symbol.

But the fans loved Elvis. Sex really had nothing to do with it.

But it backfired on his critics and was picked up as a positive description.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text> Let's see, you were how old then? It was not that way at all. Elvis was a romantic idol, not a sex symbol. The term "sex symbol' was coined just for Elvis by the way, by people who hated him, and would continually say "he is a flash in the pan, he has no talent, he is just a symbol of sex, a sex symbol.
But the fans loved Elvis. Sex really had nothing to do with it.
But it backfired on his critics and was picked up as a positive description.
You're an idiot.

I wasn't around at the end of the civil war either, you moron, but history tells us how it ended.

Elvis NOT a sex symbol?

You're an idiot.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#5 Feb 17, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot.
I wasn't around at the end of the civil war either, you moron, but history tells us how it ended.
Elvis NOT a sex symbol?
You're an idiot.
"History" is wrong about this. The love the teens of the time had for Elvis was very innocent.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#6 Feb 18, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>"History" is wrong about this. The love the teens of the time had for Elvis was very innocent.
Oh, so history is "wrong" because it doesn't fit what YOU believe.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#7 Feb 18, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so history is "wrong" because it doesn't fit what YOU believe.
Yes, history IS wrong. The "sex symbol thing is complete MYTH. Elvis was a romantic symbol, not a sex symbol.

I don't care what history says, I was in the world then, I lived through those times and I remember.
Michigan

Belleville, MI

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Elvis Presley is one of the most important figures in 20th century popular culture. He helped change the perception of popular music and expand the views of an entire generation of teenagers. In the 1950s Elvis relentless dance moves, dark black hair, sideburns, and deep voice made him an international sex symbol. Girls would go crazy at the sight of Elvis and swarm around him like no other previous performer.

By the spring of 1956, Presley had gained huge popularity and teenagers flocked to his concerts and created riots all across the country. One of the first riots to take place was on May 13, 1955 when Elvis played a concert at a baseball park in Jacksonville, Florida. At the very end of the show, Elvis said,“I’ll see you all backstage girls” and the girls responded immediately. Teenage girls rushed to the dressing room as many of them attempted to climb through an open window. They ripped off Elvis’ clothes and even began to write their numbers with love messages all over
his Lincoln Continental.

Elvis was “drop dead handsome, a major "flirt, and naturally charming, who awakened the sexuality in his young female fans.” While young females fell in love with Elvis, his performing style stirred the wrath of parents, educators, religious figures,
newspaper editors, other entertainers, and local politicians. Their main concern was the effect Elvis was having on young girls as people described women’s reactions to Elvis as a “hysteria” or “frenzy.” One young teenage girl who saw Elvis
at a concert exclaimed,“He’s just one big hunk of forbidden fruit!” To women, the image of handsome Elvis was a reminder of their awareness of their sexuality as women. Elvis’ provocative moves brought out the sexual nature of young girls as
well as older women.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#9 Feb 18, 2013
Michigan wrote:
Elvis Presley is one of the most important figures in 20th century popular culture. He helped change the perception of popular music and expand the views of an entire generation of teenagers. In the 1950s Elvis relentless dance moves, dark black hair, sideburns, and deep voice made him an international sex symbol. Girls would go crazy at the sight of Elvis and swarm around him like no other previous performer.
By the spring of 1956, Presley had gained huge popularity and teenagers flocked to his concerts and created riots all across the country. One of the first riots to take place was on May 13, 1955 when Elvis played a concert at a baseball park in Jacksonville, Florida. At the very end of the show, Elvis said,“I’ll see you all backstage girls” and the girls responded immediately. Teenage girls rushed to the dressing room as many of them attempted to climb through an open window. They ripped off Elvis’ clothes and even began to write their numbers with love messages all over
his Lincoln Continental.
Elvis was “drop dead handsome, a major "flirt, and naturally charming, who awakened the sexuality in his young female fans.” While young females fell in love with Elvis, his performing style stirred the wrath of parents, educators, religious figures,
newspaper editors, other entertainers, and local politicians. Their main concern was the effect Elvis was having on young girls as people described women’s reactions to Elvis as a “hysteria” or “frenzy.” One young teenage girl who saw Elvis
at a concert exclaimed,“He’s just one big hunk of forbidden fruit!” To women, the image of handsome Elvis was a reminder of their awareness of their sexuality as women. Elvis’ provocative moves brought out the sexual nature of young girls as
well as older women.
Well, that is someone else talking, not the girls themselves. There were no "provocative moves".
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#10 Feb 18, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that is someone else talking, not the girls themselves. There were no "provocative moves".
I am now convinced you just say shit like this to stir things up.

You couldn't possibly misunderstand the 50s and Elvis as much as you do.

Oh wait ...
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#11 Feb 18, 2013
Of COURSE!

It took me a while, but this is just your way of bolstering your negative talk of Elvis News.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#12 Feb 19, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
Of COURSE!
It took me a while, but this is just your way of bolstering your negative talk of Elvis News.
Oh, I made a bad mistake there. I meant the Elvis Information Network. My apology to Elvis News.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I made a bad mistake there. I meant the Elvis Information Network. My apology to Elvis News.
Of COURSE ... E.I.N, the website that has Marty Lacker as one of its irregular contributors.

The same Marty Lacker who kicked your fat ass twice on here (his last comments which you still haven't responded to ...)

Oh, THAT E.I.N!
Lee

Burbank, CA

#14 Feb 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Of COURSE ... E.I.N, the website that has Marty Lacker as one of its irregular contributors.
The same Marty Lacker who kicked your fat ass twice on here (his last comments which you still haven't responded to ...)
Oh, THAT E.I.N!
I don't think I have failed to respond to any of his comments.
King Elvis

Surry Hills, Australia

#15 Feb 20, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think I have failed to respond to any of his comments.
Think again, dear.
Lee

Burbank, CA

#16 Feb 20, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again, dear.
Where is it?
luvelvis

Charleston, WV

#17 Mar 7, 2013
the absolute one thing about elvis is HE SURE KNEW THE SEXUAL EFFECTS he had. Watch him perform, when he jerks his shoulder, CROWD SCREAMS - when
he just jerks a leg - PURE CHAOS and when he danced in frenzy and swiveled, you could not even hear him sing at times for the noise of those girls who didn't "react" to his sexual moves :: hahahah- and somebody would think he didn't know why they "screamed and ran after him" OMG. At first maybe he didn't understand as no other fans prior had reacted that strongly to singers - but it sure didn't take long for him to gaze into their eyes, get down low and close and give them long kisses and very very sexy smiles - and his eyes would light up when a bra was thrown on stage - AND HE WAS NOT SEXY - omg - unbelievable that anybody would ever think that.
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Mar 7, 2013
luvelvis wrote:
the absolute one thing about elvis is HE SURE KNEW THE SEXUAL EFFECTS he had. Watch him perform, when he jerks his shoulder, CROWD SCREAMS - when
he just jerks a leg - PURE CHAOS and when he danced in frenzy and swiveled, you could not even hear him sing at times for the noise of those girls who didn't "react" to his sexual moves :: hahahah- and somebody would think he didn't know why they "screamed and ran after him" OMG. At first maybe he didn't understand as no other fans prior had reacted that strongly to singers - but it sure didn't take long for him to gaze into their eyes, get down low and close and give them long kisses and very very sexy smiles - and his eyes would light up when a bra was thrown on stage - AND HE WAS NOT SEXY - omg - unbelievable that anybody would ever think that.
He was sexy if you mean attractive. But he was never suggestive or vulgar.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#19 Mar 7, 2013
By today's standards, Elvis was not at all vulgar. But I distinctly remember my grandmother telling me as a very young girl, that Elvis was indeed vulgar! She said his music and dancing were too suggestive and provacative. I, however, do not agree. I thought he was beautiful and I still do. He was very sexy, but was also very spiritual. Almost inhuman on some level. Otherworldly or just plain angelic. I'm not sure what it is about him, but he still has the power to stir people up. His charisma comes through even on film. I saw him in concert and it was electric! Then entire place was pulsing with excitement.
Lee

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Mar 7, 2013
2kingsdaughter wrote:
By today's standards, Elvis was not at all vulgar. But I distinctly remember my grandmother telling me as a very young girl, that Elvis was indeed vulgar! She said his music and dancing were too suggestive and provacative. I, however, do not agree. I thought he was beautiful and I still do. He was very sexy, but was also very spiritual. Almost inhuman on some level. Otherworldly or just plain angelic. I'm not sure what it is about him, but he still has the power to stir people up. His charisma comes through even on film. I saw him in concert and it was electric! Then entire place was pulsing with excitement.
You are right, they always ACCUSED him of being suggestive but he never was. That is one reason I never really believe anything I read about him now. I remember how much misinformation circulated about him when he was alive that I KNOW was not true.

Your gramma was probably going by what she heard. If she had taken a closer look at Elvis, she would have known that it was not true.

Yes, Elvis was deep and spiritual. And I don't mean religious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sonny west`s betrayal. (Aug '11) 1 hr Doodi 226
News Entertaining 'Legends in Concert' at Foxwoods 14 hr Memphisrain 2
Crazy Little Thing called Love (Jul '08) Dec 1 Exotnaf 10
Back Staircase Hidden Room (Apr '07) Nov 30 Aaron 17
"The Gift" - Elvis Presley DVD - How A Boy Beca... Nov 29 27Ten 4
James Rompel- Elvis in I, Elvis- suicide? (Nov '15) Nov 28 Brendan Paul 2
Joe Esposito has passed away Nov 28 concerned res 3
More from around the web