This Forum is Finally Dead

Posted in the Elvis Presley Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mourning

United States

#1 Apr 7, 2010
Thirty three years after his death, the Elvis forums are finally dieing, along with his memory. This one is finally dead.

Good Bye, Elvis.

Since: Jul 08

KELOWNA

#2 Apr 7, 2010
Mourning wrote:
Thirty three years after his death, the Elvis forums are finally dieing, along with his memory. This one is finally dead.
Good Bye, Elvis.
I don't know if it is actually dead, maybe sick, or badly wounded.
candysvett2

AOL

#3 Apr 7, 2010
I agree......I think the debates become too personal instead of sticking to the topic . I also feel that it is quite mental in some cases.

I often ask myself WHY do I even get involved with the conversations.....at first I thought it would be a great way to share info,,but time after time it turns into some off the wall fight. Some people don't have a 'convenient' victim available to attack to they find someone on here. It really is distressing and quite nuts.

Saying goodbye to this forum is sounding better every day...
Mourning wrote:
Good Bye, Elvis.

KELOWNA

#4 Apr 7, 2010
candysvett2 wrote:
I often ask myself WHY do I even get involved with the conversations.....<quoted text>
Maybe you enjoy it as much as the next person....I dunno.
nina

Canada

#5 Apr 7, 2010
the private ones where you have to join are vibrant and doing well

it's just the public ones that get hijacked by floons

that people stop bothering with

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 8, 2010
nina wrote:
it's just the public ones that get hijacked by floons
Be specific.

It's the PEDO PAN floons that have ruined this forum.

It's what they do.

They are hateful destroyers of something good.

Scum!
nina

Canada

#7 Apr 8, 2010
yes, mostly the Pedo Pan floons

but there have been some trolls who've just come and posted anti-Elvis stuff, without mentioning their preferences

a public forum is going to attract regular trolls who hit and run

the pedo pan floons continue to linger like the smell of a dead woodchuck under the porch

KELOWNA

#8 Apr 8, 2010
nina wrote:
the pedo pan floons continue to linger like the smell of a dead woodchuck under the porch
lol...you have a way with words.
Handsome Jimmy

Burgessville, Canada

#9 Apr 8, 2010
Hi Cat. I always thought this forum was loads of fun when old Scotty was here. Don't you agree? You remember old Scotty don't you? I enjoyed the posts where he would be challenged with facts and thruths and he wouldn't know what to do. A know- it-all who got one-uppped by intelligent and informed fans on here. Even you Cat asked Scotty a question of two about his activities and actions. Some of which where down right illegal. I miss those debates with old Scotty. Has he passed away? He seems to have vanished. He sure lost every Elvis debate I ever saw him in around here. Every time he opened his mouth he caused himself more and more trouble. Let's see if we can bring him back for our entertainment and enjoyment. You out there Scotty?

KELOWNA

#10 Apr 8, 2010
Handsome Jimmy wrote:
Hi Cat. I always thought this forum was loads of fun when old Scotty was here. Don't you agree? You remember old Scotty don't you? I enjoyed the posts where he would be challenged with facts and thruths and he wouldn't know what to do. A know- it-all who got one-uppped by intelligent and informed fans on here. Even you Cat asked Scotty a question of two about his activities and actions. Some of which where down right illegal. I miss those debates with old Scotty. Has he passed away? He seems to have vanished. He sure lost every Elvis debate I ever saw him in around here. Every time he opened his mouth he caused himself more and more trouble. Let's see if we can bring him back for our entertainment and enjoyment. You out there Scotty?
Oh I don't miss him one little bit....Arrogant old fart.
Justin Harrison

Australia

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Observer Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Be specific.
It's the PEDO PAN floons that have ruined this forum.
It's what they do.
They are hateful destroyers of something good.
Scum!
One thing and one thing alone killed this forum - your promotion of Phillip Lean through all the reverse posts you were responsible for.
Your plan is plain to see. Pretend to defend Elvis while at the same time post the Paul Forester "poems" as a way of giving Lean world wide publicity. You should be ashamed of yourself for the damage you have caused to Elvis' memory by trying to give some second rate rock artist exposure he doesn't deserve.
Money isn't everything. We know you are in bed with Phillip Lean and stand to benefit financially when and if he achieves star status. That didn't give you any right to destroy this forum. SHAME ON YOU.

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 9, 2010
Nice try, Forrester.

Stupid troll.
frank cat

Australia

#13 Apr 10, 2010
Observer Rules wrote:
Nice try, Forrester.
Stupid troll.
stupid observer rules, actually thinking you could get away with it
Lee

Arcadia, CA

#14 Apr 10, 2010
If this forum and Elvis' memory are dying, it is because the powers that be have done nothing to make sure his music is heard. On the radio, all you hear is about ten of the same songs over and over. Most of his good stuff is never heard. There are dedicated Elvis shows, but only Elvis fans listen to them. The re-release of "Rubberneckin" and "Little Less Conversation" was bad. Two of his worst songs, ever.

There are a lot of shows ABOUT Elvis, but what they young people need to hear are shows with the real Elvis. And not just the stage stuff, which, I think, was his worst.

They bought the interest in Elvis just so they could let him die.
Brian Quinn

Moscow, Russia

#15 Apr 10, 2010
Lee wrote:
If this forum and Elvis' memory are dying, it is because the powers that be have done nothing to make sure his music is heard. On the radio, all you hear is about ten of the same songs over and over. Most of his good stuff is never heard. There are dedicated Elvis shows, but only Elvis fans listen to them. The re-release of "Rubberneckin" and "Little Less Conversation" was bad. Two of his worst songs, ever.
There are a lot of shows ABOUT Elvis, but what they young people need to hear are shows with the real Elvis. And not just the stage stuff, which, I think, was his worst.
They bought the interest in Elvis just so they could let him die.
Totally disagree. ALLC and Rubberneckin' were two of the VERY BEST. His biggest chart successes for many a year.

We need more like this and I believe there are going to be some in the coming year, taken from the new 'Vivas Elvis' Show Remix CD. Next year Sony have stated we are going to have another 'Duets' album which should be great.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 10, 2010
I agree Brian Quinn !! I think Lee is Out of touch and dated to 60s no warts reporting on Elvis!
candysvett2

AOL

#17 Apr 10, 2010
You are right,,but some people can't move on.

Elvis and his music will live forever, but reality doesn't seem to be a possiblity for those who can't deal with ALL the facts.
jim - wrote:
I agree Brian Quinn !! I think Lee is Out of touch and dated to 60s no warts reporting on Elvis!
Troy Athena

Australia

#18 Apr 10, 2010
How come "Observer Rules" goes quite when someone exposes her as being involved with and promoting this Phillip Lean person?
nina

Canada

#19 Apr 11, 2010
Troy Athena wrote:
How come "Observer Rules" goes quite when someone exposes her as being involved with and promoting this Phillip Lean person?
because blatant lies are better ignored

“Philip Lean is a ****”

Location hidden

#20 Apr 12, 2010
Lee wrote:
The re-release of "Rubberneckin" and "Little Less Conversation" was bad. Two of his worst songs, ever.
Yeah, right.

Two of his COOLEST late 60s songs, both of which hit the Top 10 in over 30 countries, with Rubberneckin' going to No.1 ... and a whole slew of young people brought to Elvis by these releases.

I see your idiocy extends beyond Elvio' personal life and into his music as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elvis Presley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early ballots: Clinton sees strength in NC but ... 42 min southern at heart 54
elvis' eye color (Feb '08) 10 hr Carol 119
Crazy Little Thing called Love (Jul '08) Sep 26 DRD-TrueEPfan 9
News Priscilla Presley justifies selling massive sta... (Nov '06) Sep 24 Mars 1,532
Linda Hood Sigmon/ Her Website (Mar '11) Sep 20 LindaIsAFool 1,711
Elvis fansonly ( please no haters or Michael Ja... (Feb '09) Sep 17 DRD-true EPfan 32
What is this painting & who painted it? Sep 15 Dilldilldilly 1
More from around the web