ellen degeneres tickets
Kelly Just

Cleveland, OH

#142 Nov 20, 2009
If you go to a Thursday taping do you get to stay for both tapings? Do you meet Ellen before or after the show?
Mary

Ontario, NY

#143 Nov 21, 2009
No Kelly, you just stay for the one taping. If you are supposed to be there at 1:00,(get there early ... by 12:15), the show tapes at 3:00, and airs the next day. If you are scheduled for the later performance, you will get there at I believe 4:00 (and also get there a little early .. she has things to do throughout the wait time), and it should start around 6:00. Tapings only last one hour! The later taping airs on the following Monday. Have a ball! We were there last month!
Kelly Just wrote:
If you go to a Thursday taping do you get to stay for both tapings? Do you meet Ellen before or after the show?
Mary

Ontario, NY

#144 Nov 21, 2009
Should air on Monday if it is the later time on Thursday! Have a ball!!
Michele wrote:
Hi there! I'm so glad I found this site! I have tickets for this Thursday the 30th and it's killing me to know when it will air. Our taping isn't until 5:00pm so will it air Friday or Monday? Anyone know the taping schedule? Thank you so much!!
Mary

Ontario, NY

#145 Nov 21, 2009
Kelly,

We went from Rochester, NY!! SOOO much fun!! Enjoy it, and get there early... if your tickets say 4:00, get there by 3:15. And, sit towards the front of the room where they have the lines starting. They place you where they want you to be in the audience. However, they do fill in the front more-so in the beginning. We had such a ball! We ended up right behind Tommy, next to Mary in the second row from the front, and when Ellen talked, she focused in right on my husband and I. It was so cool!
Tammy

Concord, CA

#146 Nov 23, 2009
How long after you request tickets is it that they call you?
I gave them my cellphone number to call me on. Now I'm carrying this phone around like it's a million bucks! I'm careful where I leave it and won't let it out of my sight for fear of missing their call!
Kelly Just

United States

#147 Nov 23, 2009
So did anyone get to meet her before or after the show? Also what months does she tape her shows in? I wanna get the most out of my trip when I go. The nicer the weather the better.
Kelly Just

United States

#148 Nov 23, 2009
By the way I am in Wi. My location keeps changing for some reason. Kinda funny. I must move alot. LOL. I am in So Milwaukee Wi. FYI
Tammy

Concord, CA

#149 Nov 23, 2009
Kelly Just wrote:
So did anyone get to meet her before or after the show? Also what months does she tape her shows in? I wanna get the most out of my trip when I go. The nicer the weather the better.
Unfortunately you do not get to meet Ellen.
She doesn't come out till taping time and even between breaks you may not get much of a reaction from her. She's not being rude but she is working and she's getting ready for the next "scene". It all varies of course, how the show is being taped that day and so forth but they tape in an hour so there isn't too much time spent out of a schedule. Her season starts in Sept. I'm not sure when she ends her season May or June? Weather-wise spring or fall months are good. Sept/Oct has been known to have 80-90 degree weather.(90's when I went Sept 2008). Just depends. Have fun!
Lucy

Waterloo, Canada

#150 Nov 23, 2009
Wow! I've read everyone's post and Ellen's show sounds like so much fun. I got tickets to see Conan, but getting Ellen tickets seem impossible! I can't seem to click on any dates that I'd like, or they say "date unavailable." Any tips on how to get Ellen tickets? I'd really appreciate it, thank you!:)
Tammy

Concord, CA

#151 Nov 24, 2009
Lucy wrote:
Wow! I've read everyone's post and Ellen's show sounds like so much fun. I got tickets to see Conan, but getting Ellen tickets seem impossible! I can't seem to click on any dates that I'd like, or they say "date unavailable." Any tips on how to get Ellen tickets? I'd really appreciate it, thank you!:)
I've been to a few shows and Ellen's by far is the most fun!
There is high demand for her tickets, so it's just a matter of checking her website periodically. Tickets go really fast after they've been released on her calendar.(And it will say TICKETS AVAIALABLE in blue). They don't always release dates chronologically either. Tickets can be released a couple of months or less before her show dates.

Since: Nov 09

Cary, IL

#152 Nov 24, 2009
Thank you Tammy. I can't wait to go. I hope to run into her and other celebs when I am there. I have a cousin who lives there that might be able to help me out. At least I'm hoping. She should know the good places to see them.
Lucy

Waterloo, Canada

#153 Nov 25, 2009
Great, thanks for the advice Tammy! I guess I'm going to have to be persistant. Sounds worth it though.
Melissa

Durham, NC

#154 Nov 29, 2009
I received a call about a month ago that I was picked to get tickets for the January 6th 2010 show.

I havent received the tickets yet though.

Is that normal? My best friend is going with me and she doesnt want to buy her plane ticket until we receive the show tickets in the mail. We live on the east coast.

Also, I read in the earliest posts that people were standing in line at 4 AM. But I dont see that in the later posts. Did things change?

I am SO nervous!
Hugh

Studio City, CA

#155 Dec 1, 2009
I really hope my wife gets in to see the show. She will b very disapointed and she has never missed a show!!
Tammy

Concord, CA

#156 Dec 1, 2009
Melissa wrote:
I received a call about a month ago that I was picked to get tickets for the January 6th 2010 show.
I havent received the tickets yet though.
Is that normal? My best friend is going with me and she doesnt want to buy her plane ticket until we receive the show tickets in the mail. We live on the east coast.
Also, I read in the earliest posts that people were standing in line at 4 AM. But I dont see that in the later posts. Did things change?
I am SO nervous!
Hi Melissa:

The mindset should be to see Ellen but with no guarantees.

What gets mailed to you will be a letter with all of the details. What time to show up, what to wear, directions, etc. And it usually comes a few weeks prior to your show date. So everything is "normal" for now.

As for buying plane tickets: hmmmm.

1st: You are never guaranteed that you will get in even if you are "in the audience". Show times and dates are subject to change at any time.(as stated on her website) The show could get cancelled due to unforseen circumstances etc. Your seats are not guaranteed like a concert seat.
To help you get in, Showing up at a descent time prior to check in should get you in. You cannot be late. Your seats will be given up at some point if you are late.

The whole issue really is buying airfare at a descent price, especially coming from the east coast. Putting that off may be costly to you.

Since Ellen's move to Warner Bros., they have streamlined the wait time so it definitely isn't necessary to show up at 4am for those with "seating in the audience". Follow their suggestions and you should be fine.
Standbys (Riff Raffers) will need to get there earlier because that is definitely 1st come 1st served. Posters that have been RiffRaffers in recent months can probably give Standbys a better idea of when to show up - my experience is from Sept. 2008 and they have probably worked out the kinks since they had just moved to WBros. when I went.

Good luck!

Tammy

Concord, CA

#157 Dec 1, 2009
"1st: You are never guaranteed that you will get in even if you are "in the audience"."

Sorry, I wrote that too vague - I meant to say that even if you got a phone call and the subsequent "in the audience" letter (as opposed to standby) you still are never guaranteed to get in. So show up at the time they suggest and never be late!

They want a full house and "overbook" to ensure there are people to fill in their seats.
Dee B

Santa Rosa, CA

#158 Dec 28, 2009
I have tickets to a 4 pm taping next month. How long will we be there once taping begins ...Can we plan on being out right after 5 pm?
Lenore7877

Colorado Springs, CO

#159 Jan 20, 2010
My friend and I were able to fill out the form for the February 17 show. We haven't heard anything yet. When would we hear if we were able get tickets? Is is possible they would offer a different date? Should we keep submitting requests? We want to go to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday and are traveling from Michigan. I don't want to book airfare and not get tickets to the show.
Tammy

Concord, CA

#160 Jan 20, 2010
Lenore7877 wrote:
My friend and I were able to fill out the form for the February 17 show. We haven't heard anything yet. When would we hear if we were able get tickets? Is is possible they would offer a different date? Should we keep submitting requests? We want to go to celebrate my friend's 40th birthday and are traveling from Michigan. I don't want to book airfare and not get tickets to the show.
They will contact you if you have been selected soon after you signed up.(I'd say within a few days of signing up).

Do not book airfare unless you hear from them AND they tell you are "confirmed" (meaning you have tickets to be in the audience).

You might still be accepted but would be "stand by" (you can into the riff raff room and may then get a last minute chance to be in the audience-so that would be your call if you would like to still book airfare even though you might not be in the audience.)

You can try for other dates but don't book anything until they call you and tell you if you are confirmed. Good luck!
Martha

Seattle, WA

#161 Jan 26, 2010
I applied for tickets a few days ago for the March 8th taping and they called me yesterday saying I have confirmed tickets. The tickets go super fast so be checking the website frequently. I had her website set at my home page for a few days so that I would remember to check for tickets every time I got online. I checked in the morning for tickets on Friday and there were none available and then I checked later that afternoon and there were. If you want tickets, you have to check often and apply as soon as they are available because they go quick! My roommate wanted to go with some friends and she applied right after I did and only I got a phone call for tickets. I've been trying for several months now but finally got some! Just be patient and you will eventually get some also!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen DeGeneres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ellen DeGeneres gets her game on in new prime-t... Dec 30 Stiff With Lead Feet 3
Ellen tickets Dec '17 Oliviakathryn317 1
ellen 15 days of christmas 2017 Dec '17 Ashley 51
News This "Christian" thinks a secret "gay Nazi regi... Dec '17 Rainbow Kid 26
Ellen 12 days show 2015 (Nov '15) Nov '17 Vmedia101 60
Ellens 12 days of giveaways (Nov '06) Nov '17 Sillyheart55 64
Poll is ellen degeneres evil or disgusting? (Jun '08) Oct '17 Barley 38
More from around the web