ellen degeneres tickets
JcB

San Francisco, CA

#102 Oct 18, 2008
I have guaranteed tickets for the Nov. 6 taping & I'm SO excited! They called me about a week after I sent in my request, and I got the information letter in the mail today... which is about 2.5 weeks before the taping. Our check in time is 12:30pm and it says we need to be there by that time or we may lose our tickets. I plan on being there early, but not too early. Dress code is nice casual. It says that "dressy jeans" ARE permitted. From observations watching the show on TV they put better dressed people in front. And maybe the ones in smaller groups? I'll post about the experience afterwards! Can't wait!!!
Marybeth Smith

Indio, CA

#103 Nov 14, 2008
How do I get tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show? I live in the Palm Springs area so commute is not an issue. I would love for my mom & I to go since we both adore her. Please let me know the process for getting tickets. Thank you, Marybeth Smith
Susan

Woodland Hills, CA

#104 Nov 16, 2008
Do the standby people line up in the same area as the guaranteed ticket holders but just in a different line? If anybody has attended the show in the last 2 months or so on standby basis would you please give me detailed information on how the standby thing works. Where you go, what time, etc..all of it. I sure would appreciate it. It always helps to know what to expect.
anonymous

Richmond, Canada

#105 Nov 18, 2008
For the tickets, you go to ellentv.com and you go to tickets and a calendar will appear and you choose a day you would like to go and you're randomly chosen. If you get chosen, someone from the show will call you and confirm with you whether you get guaranteed seating or stand by.

Standbys are in the same area as guaranteed seating people. It will tell you on the letter you receive
Katie

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#106 Nov 24, 2008
So, I requested tickets for Dec. 18th, 2008. For some reason when I went online, Dec 18th was available, then tickets hadn't even been released for the three days prior to it. So, I signed up! That was last week (tuesday night). Tomorrow it'll be a week from when I requested. Should I give up hope? Anyone know how long it takes for them to call you if you do get tickets???
Debbie chicago

Edwardsburg, MI

#107 Dec 8, 2008
Has anyone ever stood in line for Chelsea Lately? What time do you have to get there? Thanks
Amber

Christchurch, New Zealand

#108 Dec 17, 2008
Does anyone know how much the tickets cost to see the show? I would really like to go see it!
Thanks
Espe

Philippines

#109 Dec 27, 2008
why is it that when i go to their website to reserve tickets i can't click on the day which i would like to make a reservation?...am i doing something wrong?
TiggerMom

Monrovia, CA

#110 Jan 7, 2009
I am SO impressed so far with the way the Ellen show does their audience ticketing!!! I went online in December and found a date for January that worked, clicked on it, filled out the interest form, and was contacted the following day! They asked if I was still interested in attending, sent me the confirmation for guaranteed seating, and then called again one week prior to the taping to make sure I had received everything and was still planning to attend. They also let me know the time had been moved up and taping would be an hour earlier than originally planned. Everyone on her staff who has contacted me has been so kind and fun to talk to!! I am SO excited to go see her show!!!:) Good luck to all of you! I would recommend just going to her site if you are making any travel plans so you are guaranteed seats!
lyn

United States

#111 Jan 21, 2009
how long did it take for you to get your packet of info. after they called you to confirm your tickets?? It has been 3 weeks and we are getting a little nervous. Have plane tickets and all...
lyn

United States

#112 Jan 22, 2009
how long after the phone call did you get your packet???
christie

San Diego, CA

#113 Feb 5, 2009
I went to Chelsea Lately a couple of months ago, and they said to be there at 2:00 PM. we arrived at 1:30 & were the last people to get into the audience! I asked some people in front, they said they arrived around 12-ish, so I guess the earlier, the better. Hope this helps!=)
Suzanne

Musquodoboit Harbour, Canada

#114 Feb 6, 2009
can you just show up for standby tickets or do you have to get a call first. I am coming from Canada and have applied twice when it said tickets weere availale but did not get them.
andy

San Pedro, CA

#115 Feb 10, 2009
Suzanne wrote:
can you just show up for standby tickets or do you have to get a call first. I am coming from Canada and have applied twice when it said tickets weere availale but did not get them.
You have to call to get standby tickets. I tried going there without tickets and they wouldn't let us in.
Tamara

La Habra, CA

#116 Feb 21, 2009
How did you get tickets for April already? I've been checking the site and can't even access the April calendar.

My mom-in-law will be visiting from Quebec and REALLY REALY wants to go.

Please let me know, thanks everyone :)
Tricia1972

Wausau, WI

#117 Mar 2, 2009
Espe wrote:
why is it that when i go to their website to reserve tickets i can't click on the day which i would like to make a reservation?...am i doing something wrong?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I am looking at tickets for May 2009, and can't click on any dates. I am assuming she's either not filming in May, or those dates aren't open yet.
Tricia1972

Wausau, WI

#118 Mar 2, 2009
I am going to LA in May 2009 with my sister and mom. It's a pretty special trip to us as my sister (at 30) just discovered she has brain cancer (May 2008) and her tumor has started progressing again.

Any idea if she films in May and approximately when they might open up the May dates?

Since: Mar 09

Vista, CA

#119 Mar 8, 2009
I want tickets.
swttiff

Valencia, CA

#120 Mar 13, 2009
I have standby tickets for this Tuesday march 17th. Does anyone know who will be taping this day? And what time do I really need to get in line by? Has anyone had the "stand by" experience? Would love to hear about it!
Thanks!!!
Marci

Salt Lake City, UT

#121 Mar 26, 2009
Hi, I wanted to share my experience attending Ellens show on Thursday March 17th, I had guaranteed tickets (lucky me) from being in the riff raff room last year. SOOOOO worth it. I am a big believer in arriving early, so we were there at about 9 am. There were people in the stand by line, but no one there with confirmed tickets. The guy working there suggested we leave and come back. They start assigning numbers at 1:30. He suggested coming back between noon and 1. We left and arrived back at 11:45. There is a waiting area in the parking garage. It is covered and you can sit. Alot better than most waitning areas. There were only abouat 8 confirmed people and 20 or so stand by. They have you go ahead and do a security check, you give them your ID and they put a stamp on your hand. Now, they tell you to sit anywhere. You can get in "line" ( it's a roped area) if you want, but just have a seat and then begin lining up when you are ready to stay in line. Well at about 12:50 I decided to get in line, a crowd soon followed.Only the ticket holder gets in the line. I waited until 1:30 and ended up getting #1and2! I was pretty happy. After you get numbers you wait another hour or so. During this time they do a "talent" show. You have probably seen audience talents on Ellen. We still sit in no particular order. They then call up the VIPS and start lining up. Then they call you up by number and line you up by number. They then take you across the street to the studio. We waited in the waiting bench area for about 10 minutes and then were taken into the studio. We were on the 2nd row, Tonys side, and 3rd and 4th chair in. FANTASTIC seats!! After everyone is seatd, about 1/2 hour process, then the warm up guy comes out, tells jokes , throws stuff to the audience and gets you up and dancing. He explains rules, where Ellen will be coming up the isles etc. Tony comes out about 15 minutes before the show. Then before you know it out comes Ellen! There is so much applause and she is miked for tv, but luckily they have speakers by your feet so you can hear her. She was right in front of us doing her dance. She is sooo cute! She is soo funny! Zac Braff and Jenna Fisher were her guests, hillarious. It was nonstop fun from the time we hit the seats until we left. She tapes in real time so you are out of there in just over an hour from start of taping. After the show we opted for the free tram ride over to the warner brothers studio gift shop. I got fun goodies and we saw an actor from ER. They were taping their final episode. WE got to see their outside shoot with the rain coming down. It was a fun ride and we got goodies form the store.

They bring a lucnh cart out around noonish. It has good prices. My firend and I+ shared a huge ham and cheese sandwich and it was more than enough. It was $6. They have about a dozen different things, I thought it was nice of them to have it there. We each bought an Ellen water bottle,($2)they are made out of very sturdy plastic and it sits by my bed with orders to my family not to touch it!!

Stand-by.. Here is what I observed. Not sure if any made it in, but it wouldnt be many. As I said people were there when we got there at 9. They came out gave them numberes and sent them home, to return for the show. They had their numbers and really didnt need to show up any earlier. I observed that an employee came out about every hour or so to hand out numbers to the standby line and send them on their way. There were over a hundred or so on standy. But, they will get a confirmed seat later. If I lived in the LA area, I would do this in a heart beat. I live out of state, so not as convenient.

Ellen is wonderful. One of the best experiences of my life, I will try to get tickets for next year and take my girls with me, it is so much fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen DeGeneres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Simone Biles, Zac Efron support each other Aug 13 K-DJ 1
News Finding Dory - Movie Review Jul '16 Kelly - D J 2
News Florida project breeds 'Finding Dory' fish in c... Jul '16 kelly - DJ 2
News Ellen DeGeneres admits to 'anger and depression... Jul '16 Anonymous 2
News Ellen DeGeneres Shares Makeup-Free Selfie With ... Jul '16 kelly 2
News Which movies to see this weekend, July 15 Jul '16 kelly 2
News July 3 - 31 | Where Can Watch ''"Finding Dory" ... Jul '16 dabbadoo 1
More from around the web