Marisa

El Cajon, CA

#21 Jan 29, 2007
I have tickets for Feb 5th and have been told that the earlier I get in line, the more chance I have being in the seated audience. The riff-raff room is where all the people that couldn't get in, get in. It's sort of an overflow room.
Juanita

Orange, CA

#22 Feb 2, 2007
cms wrote:
I recently requested tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show in LA. I was called by her show and told I had tickets but they weren't confirmed. Apparently, it is first come first serve and you can line up at 11:00am in hopes of getting into the show by 4pm. Has anyone out there gone to see Ellen? Is standing in line for 5 1/2 hourse typical for getting in to see her????
I went on January 10th, it was great fun, i was in line at 4:00 a.m. my friend and I were number 1 and 2. Most people started arriving at about 6:00 a.m. the main gate will open at 7:30, then there is more waiting until 9:30. then priority numbers are given out in the order you arrived (only one member of your party needs to be present to get your groups priority numbers. They will then tell you to come back at the designated time which is 2:30 p.m. for the 4:00 p.m. taping. You will then be allowed onto the studio property, and wait until showtime. it is so much fun. Good luck
Lisa F

Greenway, VA

#23 Feb 5, 2007
Lisa Patti wrote:
We were just called and told we had non confirmed tickets for February 5th...(Monday) What time should we get there, can you leave after they have confirmed your seats, what time do you have to be back in the studio to be seated.....sooo many questions but we just don't want to miss it!
Please describe your experience & who did u see? I wish I could have went!!
Momof1

Greenview, CA

#24 Feb 6, 2007
I went last year on Valentines Day, my husband and I have made it an annual trip, I just found out she is doing her Valentine show taping on the 7th this year because she is doing double tapings right now so she can take the week prior to the oscars off. I have tickets for the show on the 13th. JUANITA or anybody that has gone recently, where are they lining up now prior to handing out the tickets? Last year it was across the street but when I was called the gal on the phone told me they have a new holding/waiting area. Do you go past the guards to get there? or is it outside the gate? We had a blast last year and are really excited to go again this year. I guess when we go though she will actually be taping for the next week not the next day. Have fun all and please let me know if you have gone recently. thanks so much ~Momof1
Momof1

Greenview, CA

#25 Feb 6, 2007
No, there are normally not 2 tapings a day, usually one and on thursdays 2. The riff raff room is basically an "overflow" room for people that don't make it into the main studio. They have seating in there and tvs for you to watch the show. When we went last year it was during the olympics and she had an extra guest on because she was taping that guest for a different show on another day, after the show was done she went and changed her clothes and came out and interviewed that person. we got to see jeff probst from survivor, kiera knightly from pirates of the caribbean and pride and prejudice, and the gal from the gilmore girls and that couple that she kept having on there from new york that got married. it was so fun and it was her valentine show and she gave us diamond rings, sees candy, the movie pride and prejudice and the season of gilmore girls. if you havent gone you have to go. also on the tickets I think if you write in and request tickets that is when you get the "Confirmed" tickets but if you want to go in may you can also keep watching the computer, I would say at the beginning of april start watching everyday. they don't have any rhyme or reason to how they open the days up. you just have to keep going there and checking every day. i have done it twice this way and got tickets both times. It seemed like they opened up about 4:30-5 pm california time each time I requested but of course that doesn't mean that is how they always do it. I hope this helps a lot, you will have a lot of fun.~Momof1
carrie wrote:
Are there two tapings a day? What are there times. I want tickets in early May,(this is January) but they are only posting available ticket dates on their website calendar through March 1st right now... what do I do? just keep checking the calendar each day and hope for the best?
Suzie

Pasadena, CA

#26 Feb 7, 2007
I went yesterday (feb 6th) and they do have a holding area that they say they will open up at 7am but when we got there at 5am, it was already open. The holding area is not past the guards. I think it might have been part of the parking lot before (but I am not exactly sure). It is a gated in area that has lines on the floor to help people line up. As for when you will be taking, it really depends. My taking was for exactly a week ahead, but the earlier taping that day was for this thursday so I think it just depends.
Momof1

Greenview, CA

#27 Feb 8, 2007
Suzie thanks for the information, were you pretty close to the front of the line at 5? Is the line up are inside the gate to the right? or is it on the outside of the gate? Thank you very much for coming on here and giving us an idea of how it works now. It is so nice to get there and have an idea which direction to head. Who did you get to see on the show? Did she do any games or have any giveaways? I always love to hear about everybodys experience. Have a great day !!! Mommyof1
Suzie

Pasadena, CA

#28 Feb 8, 2007
We actually got there a little before 5am (about 4:45) and we ended up getting #'s 11-14 in line. It was well worth getting there early because we had really good seats. It is hard to explain where the gates are placed because I haven't been there before, but they are outside of any gates that would allow you onto the NBC property. It is actually right where the cars drive up to get into the studio (right next to the parking lot). You will definitely not miss it as long as you are driving down bob hope drive. The show I taped was Peter O Toole and Dominic Monagham and they had an illusionist Keith Barry. We got the dvd finding nemo and popcorn. They asked everyone if they were doctors or nurses while we were waiting to get into the show, and since I fit into that category I was asked a bunch of questions and my picture was taken and they asked me if I would want to be on the show. They ended up not picking me (they were using the person in the illusionist segment). I think they might have asked just to get a subgroup of people (instead of asking everyone that showed up). Who knows for sure though. I think you will more than likely be taping for at least a week ahead (but really it just varies). Have fun and i enjoy providing my experience because everyone elses response helped me so much before I went!
Marisa -my experience

El Cajon, CA

#29 Feb 8, 2007
I ended up going to the show on the 5th. I knew I had to be there EARLY, but decided to take a tour of Beverly Hills, Industrial City (in other words, I got lost!) By the time we pulled up, we were late, but not that late. This was at exactly 6:50am. At 7:20 am, it was full (the waiting area). When we were called to go back (between 2-2:30-for a taping at 4), we showed up at 2. There were already people in the waiting area and we were screened by security, then led into the audience! We didn't get in the riff-raff!!!! What's more, we were led all the way down and we (my sis and I) ended up in the front row!! Talk about luck!
All I can say for those who've never been is that the day flies by, and that it's so worth it! It's just waiting while they come to give you a number to come back (for me it was 2.5 hrs.) and then after security....yeah, it's about 5 hours total but they have stuff to entertain you!
It is sooo worth the trip! We got to see the taping of the 600th show with Christina Aguilera. We got a cool digital camera and Aguileras' album.
I loved going. Again, it's sooo worth it!
Carolyn

AOL

#30 Feb 9, 2007
I'm going to be in LA in April, but they are only posting dates to March. Also, even when I try to click on an available day in March, nothing happens??
What is the trick? What am I doing wrong? I want to figure it out before April dates come up. I live in Florida and rarely come out to the West Coast. Would love to see her show!
Please help...any advice appreciated!
Carolyn

AOL

#31 Feb 9, 2007
Momofl,
Do you know where I can find the address to write in and request tickets? I can't seem to find that. Thanks.
Momof1 wrote:
also on the tickets I think if you write in and request tickets that is when you get the "Confirmed" tickets but if you want to go in may you can also keep watching the computer, I would say at the beginning of april start watching everyday. they don't have any rhyme or reason to how they open the days up. you just have to keep going there and checking every day. i have done it twice this way and got tickets both times. It seemed like they opened up about 4:30-5 pm california time each time I requested but of course that doesn't mean that is how they always do it. I hope this helps a lot, you will have a lot of fun.~Momof1
<quoted text>
Karen Huddleston

AOL

#32 Feb 9, 2007
We were excited to get tickets for the Feb. 8 show. Instead, this was a very disappointing experience for myself and my two friends. We travelled from out-of-state and had no idea that people would show up at 5:00 a.m. to get the tickets handed out at 9:30. We thought arriving at 8:00 would be good. After a day of driving 4 hrs., standing in line 4 hrs., walking around for 2 hrs. we ended up in the Riff Raff room. It is not fun to be there unless you count the 30 seconds when Ellen walks thru. They need a better plan for their fans. They overbook by 25 to 30 percent so there were about 70 people who didn't get in. It's very hard for senior citizens like ourselves, and out of town people to make it. They offer the Riff Raff room people another date to come stand in line but most people on vacation aren't available to return. I still love Ellen and think she doesn't really know what it's really like for her fans to try to see her show.
Momof1

Greenview, CA

#33 Feb 10, 2007
Carolyn wrote:
Momofl,
Do you know where I can find the address to write in and request tickets? I can't seem to find that. Thanks.
<quoted text>
Hi Carolyn ~ For April tickets they will open it up in March online. Even though right now some dates in march may say not available, it is most likely because they haven't even opened that date yet. For online ticketing your best bet is to start watching in early march, everyday, and then you will see the dates start opening up. sometimes it is even the second week in the Month, so in your case the second week in march but you still want to start looking in early march. They don't open in date order either. We tried to plan for the valentine show and so i was really looking closely, figuring the tickets would go fast, but as it turns out she already taped that show on the 7th and had all singles in her audience so I was kinda bummed, I think even though we tape this tuesday 13th it is for the next Tuesday on the 20th. I think the best bet would be to try to go on a thursday because she tapes 2 shows that day and so you would mostly likely definitely get in the audience. I will post the address below too, good luck :)

Also thanks for the information about lining up, It sounds like it is basically in the same area as when i went last year, except last year we lined up across the street in that park. this year they told me there is a new holding area, i was just wondering if it was on the outside of the gate area on bob hope drive or inside the gate area to the right but not past the guards. we will figure it out, getting really excited. we are also doing price is right on monday !! have a nice weekend all and i will post address below. Mommyof1

Ellen Degeneres Show
3000 W. Alameda Ave
Studio 11, Suite 2700
Burbank, CA 91523
Carolyn

AOL

#34 Feb 11, 2007
Momof1,

Thanks so much for the info! I will keep looking online and will also try writing in.
Nikki

United States

#35 Feb 21, 2007
I just got a call saying that I have 'confirmed tickets' and that I should expect a package in the mail a week before taping...they told me I should be there no later then 1:30 for the 3:30 pm taping on April 12....do I need to be there earlier then 1:30? What time do you suggest?? I'm coming all the way from the east coast so I really don't want to miss this opportunity! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Nikki

United States

#36 Feb 21, 2007
To momof1:
I tried to get into the price is right a couple of years ago...We had printed tickets from the price is right web-site and we went around 6:30am to get in line (we thought we were really early)...needless to say we did not get in, we were number 256 & 257 in line...the first person in line was there the night before at 5:00pm...just thought I would let you know, just in case you didn't know...Hope you get in and have a blast!
Dish

Sayre, PA

#37 Feb 21, 2007
Nikki wrote:
I just got a call saying that I have 'confirmed tickets' and that I should expect a package in the mail a week before taping...they told me I should be there no later then 1:30 for the 3:30 pm taping on April 12....do I need to be there earlier then 1:30? What time do you suggest?? I'm coming all the way from the east coast so I really don't want to miss this opportunity! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I just went on February 13th and even though your tickets say "confirmed" you should still get in line very early. We got there at 4:30 am for the 3:30 pm taping and we were 15 in line. People start lining up around 4:00am. I highly suggest that you get there very early. They will come around 9:00am and give you a numbered ticket and tell you to come back around 1:30pm. As long as you have the numbered ticket you will get in. Also, wear a bright colored shirt. They will seat you by the aisle if your colors stand out. It is so much fun. Be prepared to do alot of dancing.....
Carolyn

AOL

#38 Feb 21, 2007
I just got a call also saying that I had "confirmed" tickets on April 12, too, but to be there at 4pm for the 6pm taping. Also coming from the east coast. Same questions as Nikki. Do we have to go that early if we have "confirmed" tickets? Don't want to miss it! SO EXCITED, can't wait!! Mommyof1, thanks for the advice :)

Since: Feb 07

Sayre, PA

#39 Feb 22, 2007
Carolyn wrote:
I just got a call also saying that I had "confirmed" tickets on April 12, too, but to be there at 4pm for the 6pm taping. Also coming from the east coast. Same questions as Nikki. Do we have to go that early if we have "confirmed" tickets? Don't want to miss it! SO EXCITED, can't wait!! Mommyof1, thanks for the advice :)
Carolyn- Yes, do go very early. I also got a call from the show and had "confirmed" seating, but when you receive the actual information in the mail it says on there that it is a first come first serve basis. You will get another call from the studio a few days before the taping to confirm. They overbook every show, so people coming from out of town line up early to definately get a seat for that days show. We even talked to the security guard at the gate the night before and he also said to get there before 6:00am. We went at 4:30am and about 15 to 20 people already in line and had been since 3:00am. We are so glad we did. We actually got to see 2 shows that day, the Mardi Gras show and then they suprised us with Oprah!
Carolyn

Tampa, FL

#40 Feb 22, 2007
Thanks, Dish. I just saw the Oprah show! Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen DeGeneres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ellen degeneres knows that annette marion is cr... Sat mysusan 2
Ellen DeGeneres takes down anti-gay pastor who ... Jan 17 Young troll 38
Ellen DeGeneres launches 12 Days of Giveaways, ... Jan 4 kitty 4
12 Days Tickets This Year (2013) (Oct '13) Dec '14 Sylvie L 80
Billy Goodman, Memphis top5 Dec '14 Charliehirse 1
Pharrell Williams Receives Hollywood Walk of Fa... Dec '14 eric wilkie 1
Sam Smith Doesn't Want to Talk About Being Gay ... Dec '14 fergds 9
More from around the web