ellen degeneres tickets
First Prev
of 140
Next Last
cms

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 3, 2006
I recently requested tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show in LA. I was called by her show and told I had tickets but they weren't confirmed. Apparently, it is first come first serve and you can line up at 11:00am in hopes of getting into the show by 4pm. Has anyone out there gone to see Ellen? Is standing in line for 5 1/2 hourse typical for getting in to see her????
angelwings

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Feb 4, 2006
Yes I've gone, and it's great fun! Go! If you get there earlier than 11:00, you'll probably get in the Riff-Raff Room. Unconfirmed tickets just mean you have to get there early to get in to see the show. Even confirmed tickets don't guarantee you a good seat -- just somewhere in the audience. I was as far back as you could get and couldn't see a thing, and I had confirmed tickets.

If you're there by 9:30 or 10:00-ish, you'll see her drive by in her Porsche and wave at all of you.

It was well worth it to me. Go. Meet new people. Dance. Have a great time. Oh, and take snacks and bottled water for when you're in line. The show doesn't really tape until around 4:00, and they start letting the audeince in around 1:30 -- at least that's what they did last year.
cms

Nashville, TN

#3 Feb 5, 2006
How long did it take you to get confirmed tickets? I may try again for the other day I am there. Does everyone get in the riff raff room? Do people w/ unconfirmed tickets actually get to be in the audience? Thanks for your help!!!
angelwings wrote:
Yes I've gone, and it's great fun! Go! If you get there earlier than 11:00, you'll probably get in the Riff-Raff Room. Unconfirmed tickets just mean you have to get there early to get in to see the show. Even confirmed tickets don't guarantee you a good seat -- just somewhere in the audience. I was as far back as you could get and couldn't see a thing, and I had confirmed tickets.

If you're there by 9:30 or 10:00-ish, you'll see her drive by in her Porsche and wave at all of you.

It was well worth it to me. Go. Meet new people. Dance. Have a great time. Oh, and take snacks and bottled water for when you're in line. The show doesn't really tape until around 4:00, and they start letting the audeince in around 1:30 -- at least that's what they did last year.
angelwings

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 5, 2006
It took about 4 months last year. I applied in Jan. and was called in April for a late May date. Our tickets were confirmed, but we were in line with others who didn't have confirmed tickets -- but they got in, and had better seats than we did! I think the show fills the studio first, then everyone else goes in the riff raff room.

Go! You'll have a blast!
cms

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 6, 2006
Thanks! I'll let you know what happened!!
MOI

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2006
Be passion you will get a ticket one day, If not enjoy the show on TV like moi.
ajm

AOL

#7 Feb 17, 2006
angelwings wrote:
Yes I've gone, and it's great fun! Go! If you get there earlier than 11:00, you'll probably get in the Riff-Raff Room. Unconfirmed tickets just mean you have to get there early to get in to see the show. Even confirmed tickets don't guarantee you a good seat -- just somewhere in the audience. I was as far back as you could get and couldn't see a thing, and I had confirmed tickets.

If you're there by 9:30 or 10:00-ish, you'll see her drive by in her Porsche and wave at all of you.

It was well worth it to me. Go. Meet new people. Dance. Have a great time. Oh, and take snacks and bottled water for when you're in line. The show doesn't really tape until around 4:00, and they start letting the audeince in around 1:30 -- at least that's what they did last year.
Has anyone been to a later taping on a Thursday? I was told to be there at 11 but they don't let you in until 4 pm for a 6 pm taping.
ajm

AOL

#8 Feb 17, 2006
cms wrote:
I recently requested tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show in LA. I was called by her show and told I had tickets but they weren't confirmed. Apparently, it is first come first serve and you can line up at 11:00am in hopes of getting into the show by 4pm. Has anyone out there gone to see Ellen? Is standing in line for 5 1/2 hourse typical for getting in to see her????
Are you going to the second taping? That is the same info they told me. I am going March 9th.
Song

AOL

#9 Mar 25, 2006
When you stand outside all day do they provide a bathroom or port-o-potty?

Thanks,
Song
kerbear

Rosedale, MD

#10 Apr 5, 2006
Been there twice, time of my life. You can expect to wait about 4 hours, in line. The only bathroom until you get thru the gate is the one across the way some in a park. Take snacks and something to occupy the time. They bring you in, search your bags, and then have you sit on benches until they are ready, usually around 4. They take the first 129 people, then the rest go in Riff Raff. Although depending on what VIP's and confirmed show up, they let more into the audience.

But don't be fooled, getting there first will not get you in good seats. They sit people according to things like what color shirt you are wearing, the color hair, the appearance etc. They may split you up. When I went, they moved people around several times and had stand in's sit in at places. But oh, an AMAZING time!!! Hope this helps. And have a blast! She is truly remarkable.
Vero

Cumberland, MD

#11 Aug 22, 2006
How long does it usually take to tape an episode of the show?
Barb

AOL

#12 Nov 22, 2006
ajm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to the second taping? That is the same info they told me. I am going March 9th.
What was your experience with the 2nd show taping? How long did you wait in line; did you get good seats? What time did you arrive and when did they let you in (how long did you have to wait?)? Any recommendations? Thanks!
Lisa Patti

Eagle Pass, TX

#13 Jan 18, 2007
We were just called and told we had non confirmed tickets for February 5th...(Monday) What time should we get there, can you leave after they have confirmed your seats, what time do you have to be back in the studio to be seated.....sooo many questions but we just don't want to miss it!
Lisa F

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jan 20, 2007
I have non confirmed tickets for Feb. 6th and have the exact same questioons as Lisa Patti!! Please help I would hate to catch a flight from Texas and then not even get in to see the show!!
Lisa F

San Antonio, TX

#15 Jan 22, 2007
Lisa,
When you come back from your trip to Ellen, could you please describe your trip and who you saw? I had to cancel my tickets due to work ;-( but i definitely want to go in the future. thanks!!
Amy Dreese

Kansas City, KS

#16 Jan 23, 2007
Hi Lisa! I too have confirmed tickets for Monday, February 5th...and have the same questions as a lot of you on this list...most importantly, does anyone know how long the taping might last?(One of my friends I'm going with has to fly out THAT NIGHT and needs to know in order to book her flight.) Anyone who could help would be MUCH appreciated!
Lisa Patti wrote:
We were just called and told we had non confirmed tickets for February 5th...(Monday) What time should we get there, can you leave after they have confirmed your seats, what time do you have to be back in the studio to be seated.....sooo many questions but we just don't want to miss it!
kathy

AOL

#17 Jan 23, 2007
One hour.... but you must be there at 9:30 to get your tickets... then return at a time told to you by Ellen's people... then wait.. then if your show tapes at 3:30 it will be done at 4:30
mandy

Seattle, WA

#18 Jan 24, 2007
Thanks. What time would you get in line if they hand out tickets at 9:30. 6am, 7am, 8am? Cheers!
kathy wrote:
One hour.... but you must be there at 9:30 to get your tickets... then return at a time told to you by Ellen's people... then wait.. then if your show tapes at 3:30 it will be done at 4:30
carrie

Newark, CA

#19 Jan 25, 2007
Are there two tapings a day? What are there times. I want tickets in early May,(this is January) but they are only posting available ticket dates on their website calendar through March 1st right now... what do I do? just keep checking the calendar each day and hope for the best?
carrie

Newark, CA

#20 Jan 25, 2007
what is the riff raff room?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 140
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen DeGeneres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lack of ID delays Ellen's entry into White Hous... (Nov '16) Jul '17 Operator NumberTwo 2
Ellen 12 days show 2015 (Nov '15) Jul '17 Ginny 56
Can we visit the Ellen Shop? (Aug '15) Jun '17 Claudia 3
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... May '17 DebraE 16
Gender Apr '17 Linda Anderson 2595 1
Crossroad station Apr '17 Tia doss 2
Ellen sitcom was copied by Cybill sitcom? (Mar '17) Mar '17 UserShowEllen 1
More from around the web