'Wrestler' director fought for Rourke

'Wrestler' director fought for Rourke

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 23, 2008, titled 'Wrestler' director fought for Rourke. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

When Daniel Craig was in town this fall promoting " Quantum of Solace ," the subject of whom he'd love to work with came up, and he immediately responded, " Darren Aronofsky .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Montrose, CO

#1 Dec 23, 2008
It's awesome to see Mickey Rourke come out with a comeback. If anyone deserves this its him and from what it sounds like, the director too. I'm excited to see the film.

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 23, 2008
I agree, Mickey is the king of acting and I've been waiting for him to get a second chance for years. I know his face is a little rough these days but the acting is what's important.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't blow it again and he "brings" it. Mickey of all people can remind everyone what acting is really about instead of staring at pretty boys ala Clooney/Pitt.

Springfield, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Glad to see Rourke and Aronfsky back, and both in top form! Especially glad to see that Rourke seems to have his head screwed on right, for a change. Now, about that face of his...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellen Burstyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Check Out 'The Exorcist' 40th Anniversary Editi... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Lori Q 1
News Hollywood is full of 'Bad Seed' kid roles (Aug '11) Aug '11 Disgusted 1
Ellen Burstyn - nude! (May '11) May '11 Carlie 1
Star on the walk of fame (Sep '09) Sep '09 Richelle Flores 1
News Continue reading "Ellen Burstyn takes acting tr... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bruce 1
News Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Aug '09) Aug '09 georgia 1
News Oliver Stone Casts His 'W' Parents - James Crom... (Mar '08) Mar '08 paula 2
More from around the web