Benefit concert scheduled Sunday in V...

Benefit concert scheduled Sunday in Vacaville

There are 44 comments on the The Reporter story from Jul 27, 2010, titled Benefit concert scheduled Sunday in Vacaville. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Dulon "Coach Mugz" Stevens and the Vacaville Bengals youth football organization will host the Unity Through Music concert featuring Bay Area rap artist E-40 this weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mark

Vacaville, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
Good. Maybe it'll be quiet for a change in my neighborhood while they're all at the "concert".
Cry Me a River

Vacaville, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Rap show? Expect gun play.
Anti Negative

Vacaville, CA

#3 Jul 27, 2010
You Guys dont see that its a benefit concert for the youth that's playing sports in our Community, The event is called Unity Through Music. why is people always negative instead of supporting & helping the youth!Thats why the youth is lost from people like you Mark & Cry Me a River

Granny in the Crosswalk

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Jul 27, 2010
This would be a good night to listen to the police scanner. I hope the PD ramps up patrols. Never know what they might "pick-up" in the parking lot that night.
John

Oakland, CA

#5 Jul 27, 2010
Anti Negative wrote:
You Guys dont see that its a benefit concert for the youth that's playing sports in our Community, The event is called Unity Through Music. why is people always negative instead of supporting & helping the youth!Thats why the youth is lost from people like you Mark & Cry Me a River
Since when is rap a form of music? Noise, yes. Music, no.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2010
It's a great idea and all, but the music isn't likely to draw the crowd with the fat checkbooks.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#7 Jul 27, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>Since when is rap a form of music? Noise, yes. Music, no.
Checked them out on Youtube. Oh my.
appauled

West Sacramento, CA

#8 Jul 27, 2010
Why would the City of Vacaville allow such a disrespectful artist come and play a venue for youth. All this person raps about it disrespect. What are you thinking?And with a youth coach with a nickname of MUGZ. R u kidding me. You want to keep crime out of the city yet you condone it by having such events. Shame on you.!
appauled

West Sacramento, CA

#9 Jul 27, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
It's a great idea and all, but the music isn't likely to draw the crowd with the fat checkbooks.
Your right on the mark with that.. I will buy 30 sees candy bars infornt of the store from some child i uiform before I would even think of purchasing a ticket for this nonsene. I sure hope security is hoping that night.( and I dont mean the 80 year old secutity gurads) Pray over our police and fire personel as i am sure the will be attending this event due to several alltercation leading to medical aid. woot woot ihere the State of Californias creditcred up and running gor thoose $15 tickets. fozhizle..Maybe we should bring out the bigdogs to see whos carrying narcotis .. Maybe we should have them all screened at the dor with a metal detector. I mean I sure at leat one of thoose lost misunderstoond children is packing..
appauled

West Sacramento, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2010
Cry Me a River wrote:
Rap show? Expect gun play.
You said it!!!! Gun play a couple of shankings,,, Wow sounds like a great time to be had by all,protect our youth and our law enforicnet and our firefighter who will all be close by to protect people weather the are right or wrong,.,,
Stupid Vacavillians

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2010
coach mugz is e-40's brother you dumbshits.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#13 Jul 29, 2010
Anti Negative wrote:
Why IS people ? Why "IS" people ? Good God !
Why is it that when Black people hold a conference, concert, benefit or convention, they have to use the word "Unity" or "Peace" in the title ? Is it because all of the thugs need to be constantly reminded not to resort to violence ?
All this does is reinforce the thug lifestyle to all of these future hoodies.
Rap music...they forgot the "C" in front of that word.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#14 Jul 29, 2010
Why the City is allowing this sort of garbage is beyond me. This should in NO WAY be associated with Vacaville youth sports. This rap piece of trash raps about such topics as: "F"-ing, anti-police, he glorifies gangbangers, is a racist, talks about women like they are animals, and constantly uses the dreaded "N"-word. Here is a complete list of this pig's credits:

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/music/songs/e-40....

What an AWESOME role model for the kids !

Dixon Ma

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#15 Jul 29, 2010
Emjoe wrote:
Why the City is allowing this sort of garbage is beyond me. This should in NO WAY be associated with Vacaville youth sports. This rap piece of trash raps about such topics as: "F"-ing, anti-police, he glorifies gangbangers, is a racist, talks about women like they are animals, and constantly uses the dreaded "N"-word. Here is a complete list of this pig's credits:
http://www.whosdatedwho.com/music/songs/e-40....
What an AWESOME role model for the kids !
They should've held this venue in Vallejo or F.F.
Cry Me a River

Vacaville, CA

#16 Jul 29, 2010
Vacaville Bengals. Figures.

I guess the lower classes/trailer trash people have to have stuff for their kids to do too. This is not going to turn out well.
Cry Me a River

Vacaville, CA

#17 Jul 29, 2010
Stupid Vacavillians wrote:
coach mugz is e-40's brother you dumbshits.
Whens the last time either of them got arrested? Be honest.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#18 Jul 29, 2010
One of their songs is about being friends with the Weed Man.

RandMan

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 29, 2010
My favorite E-40 tune is "White Gurl." It's a jaunty little sing-along about cooking crack and then selling it just when the market peaks due to dope shortages. I wonder if they're going to donate a portion of each rock sold to the Vacaville Bengals.

Coach Mugz should be fired. I understand he's actually going to "perform." This obscenity of a concert should be cancelled and an investigation should be launched into how it was approved for a city-owned venue in the first place. Can you spell b-r-i-b-e-r-y? Heads should roll.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#20 Jul 30, 2010
RandMan wrote:
My favorite E-40 tune is "White Gurl." It's a jaunty little sing-along about cooking crack and then selling it just when the market peaks due to dope shortages. I wonder if they're going to donate a portion of each rock sold to the Vacaville Bengals.
Coach Mugz should be fired. I understand he's actually going to "perform." This obscenity of a concert should be cancelled and an investigation should be launched into how it was approved for a city-owned venue in the first place. Can you spell b-r-i-b-e-r-y? Heads should roll.
I think they didn't review the content of the artist's music before they approved this venue.
MICHAEL CORCORAN

Harlem, MT

#21 Jul 30, 2010
okay, so Mugzi is a very positive role model, he came out with the STAY IN SCHOOL ANTHEM, he's a very well known and respected football coach and has been for years, he is a very positive person, unlike you racist hate filled morons that spew nothing but assumption filled personal attacks on people you idiots don't even know, to know MUGZI is to love him, ask anyone in VACAVILLE who has ever met him, he's a great guy, but you guys don't care, after you guys are done making ridiculous assumption filled attacks you'll all go back to disrespecting dead people with your prejudice attitudes... and yes I use my real name because I'm not a coward with a keyboard..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

E-40 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From '93 Til: Rehashing Mac Dre and the Conscio... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Wrong Again 4
News When should older rappers drop the mic? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Seanny T 3
News Cocaine rap continues to resonate (Dec '06) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 5
News [News] D-Shot To Release "Ghetto" Album Featuri... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Mary Ann 4
News Once Just a Man, Now a King (Apr '11) Apr '11 4 20 today 1
News Rapper E-40 comes to Mateel this weekend - Redw... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Disappointed 1
News Kero One disappoints with Early Believers (Mar '09) Jan '10 lafayette dissapo... 4
More from around the web