Lincoln Center band makes regal show ...

Lincoln Center band makes regal show of Duke's ballads

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Lincoln Center band makes regal show of Duke's ballads. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

It was billed as an evening of "Love Songs of Duke Ellington," but the concert proved far more substantial than that.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Totally Blown Away

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Jan 23, 2008
This concert transported me to a musical place and time I did not expect. I have never heard the spirit and essense of Ellington come so alive. The entire Orchestra Hall was captivated to the point of not breathing by the song, "The Petal of a Rose" performed duet style by Joe Temperly on reed and Dan Nimmer on piano. If they recorded this concert I would open my wallet without reservation. If you want and experience you will never forget I would recommend a seat at one of the remaining shows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Ellington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biography tries to get to bottom of bandleader (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ms Mack 1
News Bay Area arts, entertainment picks, Feb. 3 (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Elvis Presley piano ideal Christmas gift (Dec '06) Jul '12 Jack meoff 4
News Pittsburgh's historic black musicians' union to... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Hmmmm 4
Lyrics of "Chocolate Shake" by Paul Francis Web... (May '12) May '12 Franck Frydman 1
News Yurdal Tokcan & Ahenk: Turkish Delights (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dimples 1
News DC's historic Howard Theatre opens new chapter (Apr '12) Apr '12 TAR CREATURES 2
More from around the web