Jazz Drummer's Stolen Equipment Found

Jun 11, 2009 Full story: WSMV-TV 4 News 29

BYRDSTOWN, Tenn. - He's considered the father of modern jazz drumming, so how did Max Roach's stuff end up in a barn in Byrdstown, Tenn.? He was a legend who hung out with legends like Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis and Duke Ellington, to name a few.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yep

Livingston, TN

#21 Jun 19, 2009
It doesn't matter what color they are. Everyone was wanting to know where the barn was and who it was. SO I just answered their question by saying it was the colored people or blacks or whatever you want to call it that live on that road. That was one way of distinguishing them from the other people on that road. The statement wasn't meant to offend anyone. I was just simply making a statement. After all, it wouldn't have been right for someone to mistaken it for someone else on that road, now would it?
yesss

Livingston, TN

#22 Jun 19, 2009
Everybody just needs to call a spade a spade. These guys are black or half black (don't know don't care)they are commonly referred to as n----r frank. The point of the whole situation is that stolen goods were found in their barn in a secret wall - did they steal it or not is the question. Also from the report the law was called because of guns being pulled - I remember this is not the first time this has happened. The law must also be "afraid" of these dudes. No arrests were made this time just like no arrests were made when they done this before. We need law enforcement to do their job not run and hide and let people do as they please. To the poster that says its 2009 and its not colored people anymore, you are the one that is trying to get something started. I don't perfer to be called a cracker because I'm white, but cracker is much nicer than mfer.
yesss

Livingston, TN

#23 Jun 19, 2009
just to prove a point - when I tried posting this the topix buttholes wouldn't let me until I changed the n word to n----r. Yep, its 2009 alright maybe because of our great prez obama. My question is the topix buttholes don't have a problem with cracker or honky or redneck .... see it went thru.
curious too

Livingston, TN

#24 Jun 19, 2009
Is Frank the last name or the first name?
yep

Livingston, TN

#25 Jun 20, 2009
yesss wrote:
Everybody just needs to call a spade a spade. These guys are black or half black (don't know don't care)they are commonly referred to as n----r frank. The point of the whole situation is that stolen goods were found in their barn in a secret wall - did they steal it or not is the question. Also from the report the law was called because of guns being pulled - I remember this is not the first time this has happened. The law must also be "afraid" of these dudes. No arrests were made this time just like no arrests were made when they done this before. We need law enforcement to do their job not run and hide and let people do as they please. To the poster that says its 2009 and its not colored people anymore, you are the one that is trying to get something started. I don't perfer to be called a cracker because I'm white, but cracker is much nicer than mfer.
I totally agree with you. The law should have charged them with this. If they had come to mine or your house and found this stuff you could bet you sweet bottom they would charge us. But Clois is big buddies with them and his wife is related to them. So go figure...
want to know

Livingston, TN

#26 Jun 20, 2009
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with you. The law should have charged them with this. If they had come to mine or your house and found this stuff you could bet you sweet bottom they would charge us. But Clois is big buddies with them and his wife is related to them. So go figure...
How is his wife related to them?????
Guess Who

Livingston, TN

#27 Jul 27, 2009
That is so unbelieveable, I got a Max-Roach shirt from these boys and he was their uncle they said...Why would they steal his drums tho? Thats a big story coming from Pickett Co hugh?
whatever

Livingston, TN

#28 Jul 28, 2009
Max Roach was all the Franks uncle and he was black and famous how did they know to go to that barn? Not only are you uneducated hillbillies dumb and prejudgist but the Franks are educated, well learned,classey, smart. You don't even listen to jazz.
Guess Who

Livingston, TN

#29 Aug 9, 2009
Well whatever, obvisouly they arent well educate, well learned, classy and smart or they wouldnt have stolen the shit to begin with.. Nor are you or you would know how to spell classy..Lol...And I know who Max Roach is and for the record I have listened to his music and I myself wasnt impressed by that nor any Jazz. So thank you for you usless trying to act smart comment, but who's the uneducated one now? And by the way, I am by NO means prejudice, I like the Franks all of them. I used to hang out with them alot...ALOT..PEACE OUT IDiOT!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Ellington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biography tries to get to bottom of bandleader (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ms Mack 1
News Bay Area arts, entertainment picks, Feb. 3 (Feb '13) Feb '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Elvis Presley piano ideal Christmas gift (Dec '06) Jul '12 Jack meoff 4
News Pittsburgh's historic black musicians' union to... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Hmmmm 4
Lyrics of "Chocolate Shake" by Paul Francis Web... (May '12) May '12 Franck Frydman 1
News Yurdal Tokcan & Ahenk: Turkish Delights (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dimples 1
News DC's historic Howard Theatre opens new chapter (Apr '12) Apr '12 TAR CREATURES 2
More from around the web