Timbaland's new album pushes 'Shock Value'

Apr 3, 2007 Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

“The climate for music is so bad right now, it will depend on whether pop radio picks up on it and whether he is seen as a pop star”

Timbaland is used to causing double takes with his music. Now he's hoping to make a few jaws drop, as well. via The Clarion-Ledger

Full Story
Timbalette

Brussels, Belgium

#1 Apr 9, 2007
America gave birth to so much great music,
Gospel, jazz, blues, soul, rock, rap but today popular music is in freefall
and Timbaland is the ultimate symbol of this trend.
Timbaland:Music for marketing.
Timbaland is well liked by the "critics" (pay by the big corporations) because they can say "Now I understand black music! That's good black music."
What they like in Timbaland "music" it's the Techno/Pop/synth/Gay sound played by a black man.
His "music" is souless, cold, mechanical and said nothing.It’s the perfect beat for the fascist Bush years.
Perfect for the white pop artists who got nothing to say but pretend to play “black music”.
Perfect for black artist who want to reach the white teens/gay buyers.
For 10 years it's the same beat with a new sound stolen somewhere (Arabic, Indus or Finnish music).
Boring after 8 measures, and feed by force via all the clear channel/MTV.
The Financial power decided that "Timbo" was the perfect good big black (and propably gay) boy to represent their computerized/aseptized "music".
What's so "fantastic" about him? His goofy face??
He's changed the sound of music, sure, but for the worst.
Shanzeh

Reston, VA

#2 Apr 25, 2007
i love his new album. i'm not white, i'm not gay.

if the music is good....i buy it. i also like the cure, jesus and mary chain, new order, depeche mode, pet shop boys, AND i listen to Indian music, AND i listen to buddha bar, AND i like some pop music....it all depends on what suits me.

the industry is out there to make money....if you buy into their baloney, then you're sunk.....just listen to what you like....who cares about timbaland and his motives for making the album....

in the end, he wants to make money, and we want to hear good music.

opinions may differ, but that's another story.

c ya
glenn greenwich london

Dereham, UK

#3 May 13, 2009
ur all pricks timbaland is a legend when it comes to beats foools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dr. Dre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green Day, Nine Inch Nails among Rock Hall nomi... Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Dynamic Duo: The Success Of Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre (May '14) May '14 WMAS NEPR CPTV 1
50 Cent - Curtis (Sep '07) Dec '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
[Editorials] The Marshall Plan: Hopes For Emine... (Aug '13) Oct '13 Eminem Leaks 2
50 Cent Recruits Eminem, Akon, and JT for Curtis (May '07) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 6
Lil Wayne and TI's daughters start tween-pop group (Dec '09) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 4
Rapper Federo Releases New LP 'Gutta Man' (Sep '13) Sep '13 Joe Friday 3

Dr. Dre People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE