Pickfair's for sale: $60 million will...

Pickfair's for sale: $60 million will buy famous fixer-upper

There are 3 comments on the LA Daily News story from Sep 22, 2008, titled Pickfair's for sale: $60 million will buy famous fixer-upper. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

In the age of Hollywood silent films, Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks Sr. sparked such magic worldwide that foreign heads of state who went to the White House often asked if they could also visit Pickfair, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

West Hollywood Resident

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2008
Pia Zadora was a "has-been", even before she bought this lovely home in B.H.
Didn't they eventually get her on tax-evasion charges?
She should've been run out of town.......
Pia hater

Northridge, CA

#2 Sep 22, 2008
Mary Pickford was the VERY FIRST international superstar in the history of the world.#1, the first and best. She led a fascinating life and married another superstar then, togerther, they ruled the social life in Hollywood for years and years. You had not arrived unless you were invited to Pickfair.
Her mansion should have been turned into a museum for all the future centuries to come. But what happens? No-talent, pathetic and ridiculous "Pia-friggin-Zarora" moves in, because some idiot rich guy falls fer her, then proceeds to gut the place to match her own no-class tastes.
Zadora should be tortured. First, she tries to make it in hollywood but doesn't because of her painfully obvious lack of talent or interest to anyone, then has the nerve to mindlessly crucify a ollywood landmark. I will hate her forever.
avery

Broken Arrow, OK

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Just caught wind of a Pickfair estate auction taking place Nov. 22-23. There are some really cool items up for bid like Mary Pickford’s personal autograph book, select pieces of Pickford’s jewelry collection and rare pieces of art from Pickfair.

Just thought I’d pass the info. along for all of you Mary Pickford lovers. I guess it will be broadcast live on www.auctionnetwork.com/pickfair , along with a tool that lets internet viewers to bid remotely against the floor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas Fairbanks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vintage Hunk: Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. (Oct '11) Oct '11 Wayne 1
Tribute website (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 1
News Happy Birthday, Ray Bradbury, Science Fiction A... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Janet 6
News JOHN BOGERT: Watching movies under - and amid -... (Jul '09) Jul '09 knowsagoodthing 1
News Douglas Fairbanks' 125th birthday at Hollywood ... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Edward J Fairbank... 1
News 'We take care of our own' ethic led to creation... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Jewels 8
News Hospital has morphed into paradise for retired ... (Jan '09) Jan '09 HollywoodShouldBe... 4
More from around the web