Veterans battle to replace stolen pla...

Veterans battle to replace stolen plaques

There are 3 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Sep 19, 2009, titled Veterans battle to replace stolen plaques. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

A Solano County judge Friday denied a defense motion for more time to file a change-of-venue request in the prominent case involving the murder of Fairfield City Councilman Matt Garcia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Kurshan for City Council

Waterloo, Canada

#1 Sep 19, 2009
I will donate half of all future contributions to my campaign to the fund to restore the Vallejo Veterans memorial and I challenge all six of the other candidates; the three incumbents, as well as the other three new comers, to do the same.
Not only is the desecration of the memorial and the theft of the plaque a crime, the accompanying lack of at least an organized puplic and corporate reach out for funds to resore it on the part of city government, especially in light of their financial inability to do so, is a shameful disgrace.
shonuff

Newark, CA

#2 Sep 20, 2009
Pretty low.
Next time replace the plaques(s) with cold cast plaques,Looks the same is cheaper to replace and has no value for scrap.
ex vib

San Jose, CA

#3 Sep 20, 2009
this is quite an interesting challenge on sam's part. i'm sure some of the other candidates may see an opportunity to gain political capital from joining in, but sam started it, so i doubt any incumbents will be eager to speak up, much less drop some funds on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Don Williams Postpones 2016 Tour Dates Followin... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Travis and Lois W... 1
News Country Music Hall of Famer Don Williams to Bri... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Pizza Almond 13
Song for Don Williams ? (Jul '13) Jul '13 terry shoemaker 1
Don Williams - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Gracia 1
News Tickets to see country star on sale Friday [11:... (May '11) May '11 Reader 2
News Country Music Hall Of Fame Announces 2010 Induc... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Old Hippe 2
News How Does Carrie Underwood Pick Her Songs? (Jun '09) Oct '09 american idol 2
More from around the web