Eagles singer gets away with calling ...

Eagles singer gets away with calling Bush chimp

There are 15 comments on the India eNews story from May 10, 2008, titled Eagles singer gets away with calling Bush chimp. In it, India eNews reports that:

“The fact that we can go play the Country Music Awards and get a standing ovation when we've just put out an album with songs like 'Long Road Out of Eden”

Don Henley, lead singer of the rock group The Eagles, is surprised that he has been allowed to openly criticise US President George Bush whereas others have been attacked for their negative comments. via India eNews

Join the discussion below, or Read more at India eNews.

Jo Ann

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Sep 8, 2008
Don Henley speak only the truth.

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Since: Nov 07

Bakersfield, CA

#2 Sep 8, 2008
Jo Ann wrote:
Don Henley speak only the truth.
Squaaaaaaaaaaaaawk....polly wanna cracker?

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 9, 2008
Poor boy, they just didn't get the same attention the Dixie Chicks did by bashing Bush. Their new cd SUCKS!

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2008
Crazy Stacey wrote:
Poor boy, they just didn't get the same attention the Dixie Chicks did by bashing Bush. Their new cd SUCKS!
Agreed but I didn't see anything about Henley making his comments while out of the US. That's the key difference, but apparently none of them can see that.
SUPER ANUBIS

Norfolk, VA

#6 Jan 28, 2009
He's a clown ,joke has been.on Henley that is.
SUPER ANUBIS

Norfolk, VA

#7 Jan 28, 2009
^He's a clown,a joke, a has been. Don Henley that is.^
SUPER ANUBIS

Atlanta, GA

#8 Jan 28, 2009
He's a clown ,joke has been.on Henley that is.
SUPER ANUBIS

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 28, 2009
^He's a clown,a joke, a has been. Don Henley that is.^
JAN

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Jan 28, 2009
Whats he going to do now that one chimp has replaced the other chimp. OHHHHHHHHHH.....
Andrew Wang

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Feb 3, 2009
The First Amendment to the Constitution gives free-speech rights to the American people.

Bush had no right to attack whichever people for saying negative things about him.

Bush needs to be locked up for his crimes.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

“Custer @ LBH - Ooops”

Bakersfield, CA

#12 Feb 4, 2009
Andrew Wang wrote:
The First Amendment to the Constitution gives free-speech rights to the American people.
Bush had no right to attack whichever people for saying negative things about him.
Bush needs to be locked up for his crimes.
Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
Ummmmm hey Andy....brainiak! You should probably go read up and find out what really happened b4 posting a msg that makes you look like a foolish partisan.

Natalie Maines' rights to free speech were NEVER in question so that eliminates your 1st Amendment hogwash.

Bush NEVER attacked ANYone for making negative comments about him. Bush SUPPORTERS exercised their freedoms by protesting what Maines said on foreign soil about a sitting President, during time of war. If there were in fact a handful of death threats to Nat Maines, that is indeed intolerable. So that eliminates your 2nd line of hogwash.

Last, you wanna uphold Maines' freedom of speech so valiantly, yet in the same msg, you want Bush "locked up for his crimes"? Here in America we have a presumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty. If Bush/Cheney is/are ever found guilty, I believe they will be held accountable. Until then, all the grandiose letters, awards, degrees, afiliations, and titles after your name, kinda makes you look...well....rather D U M B (IMO)!

Gee Andy. In recap, I guess you're 0 for 3. Nice try, but STRIKE 3...YOUUUUU'RRRE OUT!
Andrew Yu-Jen Wang

Gettysburg, PA

#13 Feb 9, 2009
bad bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm hey Andy....brainiak! You should probably go read up and find out what really happened b4 posting a msg that makes you look like a foolish partisan.
Natalie Maines' rights to free speech were NEVER in question so that eliminates your 1st Amendment hogwash.
Bush NEVER attacked ANYone for making negative comments about him. Bush SUPPORTERS exercised their freedoms by protesting what Maines said on foreign soil about a sitting President, during time of war. If there were in fact a handful of death threats to Nat Maines, that is indeed intolerable. So that eliminates your 2nd line of hogwash.
Last, you wanna uphold Maines' freedom of speech so valiantly, yet in the same msg, you want Bush "locked up for his crimes"? Here in America we have a presumption of innocence until PROVEN guilty. If Bush/Cheney is/are ever found guilty, I believe they will be held accountable. Until then, all the grandiose letters, awards, degrees, afiliations, and titles after your name, kinda makes you look...well....rather D U M B (IMO)!
Gee Andy. In recap, I guess you're 0 for 3. Nice try, but STRIKE 3...YOUUUUU'RRRE OUT!
bad bob:

You are so bad.

Very truly yours,

Andrew

Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
Theresa

Worth, IL

#14 Jul 17, 2010
Don Henley got his chimp in office. I've seen the Eagles many times. I wouldn't go to one of their concerts now for FREE. I don't care what Henley's political view is. I want to know why they can't write decent songs anymore! These liberal musicians are helping ruin the country. Don't they realize Republicans, Democ(rats) and Independants go to their concerts. I am Republican and I Love George W. Bush. I don't like the Eagles anymore!!!!!
See the response

Houston, TX

#15 Jul 24, 2010
Click on the link below to see response by Clinton and Bush.

Bloggs

Central District, Hong Kong

#16 Jan 8, 2011
I hate the Eagles but now I'll buy a cd for this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Don Henley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Henley in London...or was it? (Mar '14) Mar '14 Corinthian 1
News Spring Grove music teacher releases album (Jan '11) Jan '11 Tony Anzalone 3
News Texas mayor's colorful past called into question (May '08) Dec '10 Rjoyful 6
News Upcoming concerts: Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addic... (May '09) May '09 stephen 1
News Don Henley to Headline Inaugural Downtstream Ca... (Apr '09) May '09 BigC 2
News Eagles' Henley, Heartbreakers' Campbell sue GOP... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Red-W-Blue 33
News Don Henley sues over political parodies (Apr '09) Apr '09 Allen 1
More from around the web