Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominated for R...

Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominated for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from Sep 22, 2008, titled Run-D.M.C., Metallica nominated for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. In it, Newsday reports that:

Run-D.M.C. could "Walk This Way" into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . The 1980s rap act, along with Metallica and the Stooges are among the nine nominees for next year's hall of fame class, the Rock and Roll ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ridiculous

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Sep 22, 2008
How are Metallica and Run DMC in the same league?
RAP SUCKS

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 22, 2008
Does this mean that Aerosmith will be inducted into cRap Hall of Fame?
Rap is not music

Plano, TX

#5 Sep 22, 2008
First Madonna, now rap. Rap is basically stealing other people's music and making disgusting rhymes. Yeah, that takes talent.

R&R Hall of Fame is just the McDonald's of music awards now.
hey now

Jackson, NJ

#6 Sep 22, 2008
Aerosmith is already in the Hall of Fame....How about RUSH? Its about time they are inducted.
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#7 Sep 22, 2008
RAP SUCKS wrote:
Does this mean that Aerosmith will be inducted into **** Hall of Fame?
They already are...

http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/aerosmith
Geddy

Newark, NJ

#8 Sep 22, 2008
I guess the credibility of the hall is summed up in the omission of Stevie Ray Vaughn.
wordygurdy

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#9 Sep 23, 2008
hey now wrote:
Aerosmith is already in the Hall of Fame....How about RUSH? Its about time they are inducted.
Rush will never be inducted because, first & foremost, the nominees should not suck. It's written right there in the rule book.

On the other hand, who can listen to Iggy & the Stooges without grinning?

RTF

“Cactus?”

Since: Dec 06

Long Island, NY

#12 Sep 23, 2008
Napster BAD!!!
Stingray Valvvespring

United States

#13 Sep 23, 2008
wordygurdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush will never be inducted because, first & foremost, the nominees should not suck. It's written right there in the rule book.
....Yeah, you might want to take a gander at the nominee list again. There must be a huge back door, cause a LOT of "Suck" has snuck in...
wordygurdy

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#14 Sep 24, 2008
Stingray Valvvespring wrote:
<quoted text>
....Yeah, you might want to take a gander at the nominee list again. There must be a huge back door, cause a LOT of "Suck" has snuck in...
Not disagreeing wih you per se, it was just the thought of Rush that kept slamming me in the head. Knee-jerk reaction.
musicgirl84

Mansfield, TX

#15 Nov 15, 2008
I heard Run DMC on MTV the other day saying they boosted Aerosmith's career with this song. Bullshit...Aerosmith is a legend and ummm sold way more records than "Tricky". I used to have respect for you guys, but you shouldn't compare your superficial pop rap to rock legends. I guess rap is all bluffing anyway right?
wordygurdy

Coram, NY

#16 Nov 16, 2008
musicgirl84 wrote:
I heard Run DMC on MTV the other day saying they boosted Aerosmith's career with this song.****...Aerosmith is a legend and ummm sold way more records than "Tricky". I used to have respect for you guys, but you shouldn't compare your superficial pop rap to rock legends. I guess rap is all bluffing anyway right?
They are correct. Aerosmith was already a drug-addled corpse before Run DMC revived them. It was after that they truly became "legends." Steve Tyler has admitted it himself.

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 17, 2008
The RR hall of Fame is pretty much a sham but i think it would be kind of cool if they got Dave Mustaine to Induct them!

“Overkill Ironbound IS HOT!!!!!”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 17, 2008
Izzy Michaels wrote:
I said this thing is turning into a farce.
It is a Sham and a Scam! I mean they put in the Sex Pistols even though the scum bags only have one album.
tallica

Santa Rosa, CA

#20 Nov 18, 2008
First of all RuN DMC isnt even rock it's all bullcrap rap.

“You a magnet of my fignation.”

Since: Feb 08

Over by 'dere.

#22 Nov 18, 2008
hey now wrote:
Rush doesn't need the HOF. They are above it.

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#23 Dec 4, 2008
hey now wrote:
Aerosmith deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, "hey now". Metallica as well. Cheers and we love to see you keep on rock'n'rolling all the way. God bless the rockers'n'rollers!!!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#24 Dec 6, 2008
wordygurdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep grinning "wordygurdy" for I am...

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#25 Dec 7, 2008
hey now wrote:
Aerosmith deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. His "Walk This Way" is one of the best! And the modification of this song with Run-D.M.C. was not bad at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DMC Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Give him a can of spray paint -- he'll give you... (Jul '09) May 26 audreyrivera 16
News Pump it, spin it, rock it behind the turntables (Sep '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 11
News Lil Wayne's New York Arrest: What Happened That... (Nov '09) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News What's Michelle Obama doing for fun these days?... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sunshine 1
News Michelle Obama Launching Hip-Hop Album (Aug '13) Aug '13 R U Kidding Me 1
News Run DMC's Reverend Run to appear at Detroit church (Apr '13) Apr '13 Skeeter 1
News Top 25 Rappers of All Time -- New York City, No... (Apr '08) Mar '13 the answer 124
More from around the web