Residents call to hip-hop stars for help

Residents call to hip-hop stars for help

There are 2 comments on the AMNY story from Jan 15, 2008, titled Residents call to hip-hop stars for help. In it, AMNY reports that:

Now it's their turn to make some noise. Residents at the west Bronx housing complex where the first hip-hop parties were held in the '70s have raised $11.5 million to buy their building and keep it affordable.. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

milesbrown49

Staten Island, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2008
oops
William

New York, NY

#2 Jan 16, 2008
I say screw these parasitic racists. I read the story yesterday when they talked about the importance of preserving the racial make up of the building (ie keeping it black).

And then these racists want a (probably white) businessman to subsidize their lives by letting them buy the place at a cut price rate. Screw them! Welcome to the real world, parasites! If this building has become too expensive for you, then look for a new building.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DJ Kool Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to keep kids reading in summer (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spotted Girl 7
News Reaching middle-age, hip-hop is still seen as o... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News DJ Kool clears his throat (Jun '11) Jun '11 CaptainRight 1
News Playlist: Old Skool Rap (Aug '08) Mar '10 k rock 8
News P Miller (Master P) to Start TV Network to Riva... (Aug '08) Sep '08 Finally 12
News Birthplace of hip-hop under threat in Bronx (Mar '08) Mar '08 D34TH 2 DISC0 3
News Hip-hop's birthplace to stay affordable housing (Mar '08) Mar '08 shakera gilbert 5
More from around the web