Disney Junior
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disney Momma

Cut Off, LA

#1 Mar 21, 2011
I just need to say that I am horrified at the "singer" for the new Disney Junior! Could they not find someone who could actually hold a note for our children to listen to? I miss the monkey's "Ooh and Aah". They might not have sang the best but it was a heck of a lot more tollerable than what we are forced to listen to now. My daughter enjoys Disney Junior and the shows but I have to change the channel during the "Wake up; Wake up" song. It's HORRIBLE!!
Disney Father

United States

#2 May 26, 2011
I have to strongly disagree with Disney Momma. I find the new singer's voice on Disney Junior to be quite charming and interesting. The voice is a little folky and doesn't exhibit any bad vocal habits. As a professional opera singer and vocal instructor I know a thing, or two, about bad vocal technique. There are much worse voices to be found on top forty radio and American Idol. Good for Disney for finding such a unique voice. On a totally different note, when is Disney going to hire Samuel Ramey to sing the role of a Disney villain?
pirate dad

Belfast, UK

#3 Jul 28, 2011
I agree with Disney dad. I love the wake up song
Freaky

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2011
Her voice isn't "kid-friendly". It just doesn't fit the programs. It seriously bothers me. Bring back Ooh & Ahh!
anon

Singapore, Singapore

#5 Oct 9, 2011
Disney Junior is a channel for young kids, especially toddlers & pre-schoolers. Of course there's no problem since kids that age love the Wake Up, Wake Up song!:)

Parents of kids that age should learn to accept it too!:)

Yes, it's nice.. & I use it for my kids' alarm clock!:D
goofy dad

Chico, CA

#6 Oct 12, 2011
anon where can i find this song so i to can use it for my kids
Momof1

Corning, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2011
I completely agree with Disney Momma! That voice is awful and makes me cringe. I, too, am a singer and recognize many awful singing techniques in that voice. Why not let Genevieve from "Choo Choo Soul" sing it? She does a great job with the "Disney Jr." theme song... And she can actually sing!!

On a separate note, what is with Small Potatoes and 3rd and Bird??? D-U-M-B!!!!!!!!
bogul

York, UK

#8 Nov 25, 2011
Anyone know if theres anywhere I can download "wake up, wake up"?
Mom of 3

Kingman, AZ

#9 Dec 13, 2011
I am going to agree with Disney Momma and Momof1! Since Disney Junior began I have been frustrated by the sound of that woman's voice. There has to be some way to stop this. I can't stand it! Her voice is unique, I will give you that Disney Father, however this is a channel for children, and her voice is NOT friendly. NONE of my children like her. It's not the songs, but the singer. I also agree that Genevieve should sing those songs, as she does such a great job with "Choo Choo Soul". My littlest child absolutely freezes when she starts to sing and then she begins to dance all around.
wowmomma

Dallas, TX

#10 May 16, 2012
It is her. Do your reseach.
disney fan

Fall River, MA

#11 Aug 12, 2012
All the Disney Junior songs are sung by Genevieve!!!!!
LoveOur3kids

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2012
Momof1 wrote:
I completely agree with Disney Momma! That voice is awful and makes me cringe. I, too, am a singer and recognize many awful singing techniques in that voice. Why not let Genevieve from "Choo Choo Soul" sing it? She does a great job with the "Disney Jr." theme song... And she can actually sing!!
On a separate note, what is with Small Potatoes and 3rd and Bird??? D-U-M-B!!!!!!!!
I agree with DisneyDad, & I too was classically trained vocalist, whose mom is also a vouce instructor, so I am no stranger to critical listening. Other than sounding a little nasal at times, I think her voice is great. I too love the Wake up song.
MomOfOne, maybe if you had a better ear you'd realize the singer of "wipe your paws", the wake up song, & the Disney Jr theme song sound an awful lot like Genevieve... My guess is it's the exact same singer- she just adds a little more soul for "choo choo soul" :)
mariannert

Vernon Hills, IL

#13 Dec 2, 2012
II'm pretty sure Genevieve sings all the songs.
yungun

Bullard, TX

#14 Dec 11, 2012
I think they all sound like the choo choo soul girl
gummibear08

Bel Air, MD

#15 Dec 11, 2012
I don't think Genevieve sings the song but she does do the talking after it plays.
Please

Chicago, IL

#16 Dec 13, 2012
Momof1 wrote:
Genevieve Goings sings on all the bumps between the shows on Disney Junior.
MommaE

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2013
Genevieve sings ALL songs between shows on Disney Junior as well as Choo-Choo Soul. I thikk she has a unique and pretty voice. I agree with DisneyFather and all others with positive comments about her. Maybe one of you haters would like to sing it yourself? My son absolutely loves her voice and stares at the tv anytime she is singing!
MamaT

San Antonio, TX

#18 Jan 28, 2013
I always thought the singer/narrator was Leigh Alyn Baker, the mom on Good Luck Charlie.
Momofthespawn

Kearny, NJ

#19 Feb 5, 2013
That is Genevieve singing the songs. I think her voice is annoying on everything but my daughter loves it so I suck it up
Mom of 3

Kingman, AZ

#20 Feb 6, 2013
If you noticed when this thread began it was over a year and a half ago. At that time there was a lady that was singing a few of the songs that many parents here did not like. Genevieve sings almost every buffer song now and I have not heard the other lady lately, maybe Disney got the hint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Disney Channel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disney Channel Still Racist? Sep 21 sfl 3
Complaint (Jul '12) Sep 21 sfl 4
gravity falls season 3 announced Sep 10 bain 1
Phineas and Ferb Jul '16 TheJunior 1
Disney XD's Growing Up Viral Apr '16 Hannah 2
News Demi Lovato conquers Anaheim with raw power (Feb '14) Apr '16 Demi Lovato 4
Star Talent D'Allan Rixx Love his music Apr '16 entertainmentworld 1
More from around the web