Home (and Water Cooler) Conversations...

Home (and Water Cooler) Conversations Move Same-Sex Marriage Forward

There are 89 comments on the EDGE story from May 16, 2012, titled Home (and Water Cooler) Conversations Move Same-Sex Marriage Forward. In it, EDGE reports that:

In revealing his support for same-sex marriage, President Barack Obama attributed his change in thinking to a series of key conversations and experiences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1 May 16, 2012
The Obamaniac's a LIAR. He will say and do ANYTHING if it suits his political purposes.

And when is he "ending the wars" "keeping unemployment under 8%" and "cutting the deficit in half ?! He PROMISED !

IMPEACH THIS BUM ! THROW STUMBLEBUM JOE IN THERE !

NEXT !

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 May 17, 2012
I agree with the point of this article.

Harvey said much the same thing, "When they know at least one of us personally, they're less likely to vote against us." This, of course, assumes that the "a least one of us" isn't some totally abrasive loser.

Such conversations are how the politics of change REALLY work outside the beltway.
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#3 May 17, 2012
Try DEMONcRATs on RePUKElieCANs (leaders and thier minions)- No longer a bi-partanship but a corrupted bi-PArtisanShop-of-horrors really both are party of "ONE" BAsed On Greed and Power , really a political criminal Syndicate --- Time to get off the smelly bandwagon ! GO Independent!

Only if you all Knew as most are clueless still voting for same two evils over and over both took our America into the hell hole! Can you here cry from hell, our founding father are rolling in their graves!

PAradoxically! Ironic
To cry or laugh?

WBHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#4 May 17, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
The Obamaniac's a LIAR. He will say and do ANYTHING if it suits his political purposes.
And when is he "ending the wars" "keeping unemployment under 8%" and "cutting the deficit in half ?! He PROMISED !
NEXT !
And the Tea Bagged Congress remains totally faultless

Turn off fox switch on msnbc Fred

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#5 May 17, 2012
snyper wrote:
Harvey said much the same thing, "When they know at least one of us personally, they're less likely to vote against us." This, of course, assumes that the "a least one of us" isn't some totally abrasive loser.
Such conversations are how the politics of change REALLY work outside the beltway.
This is very true. I have witnessed it in Seattle shelters, oddly. Even the hardest bigot turns very soft after having to live with, and get along with, lesbians for a long period of time. It's an uplifting change, to see them actually become friends even.
bailout my duck

Rolling Meadows, IL

#6 May 17, 2012
fart bubbles in the cooler

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#8 May 17, 2012
Cut off you nose to spite your face.

An unusual creature, a self hating homosexual.
FaFoxy wrote:
NEXT !

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#9 May 17, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
NEXT !
Only a BALD FACED LIAR &/or complete ignoramus would claim the promised to keep unempolymnet under 8%

His promise to cut the defiecnt in 1/2 is to Dad promising to take his kid to the baseball game....but the game was called because of a snow storm. "Well, we're not there because this recession turned out to be a lot deeper than any of us realized. Everybody who is out there back in 2009, if you look back at what their estimates were in terms of how many jobs had been lost, how bad the economy had contracted when I took office, everybody underestimated it. People thought that the economy contracted 3 percent. It turns out it contracted close to 9 percent."

Of course the was unable to make more significant progress because of the Repukes obstruction efforts.

BTW: Did you miss the the headline:'The war is over': Last US soldiers leave Iraq

Since: Sep 08

Huntsville, AL

#10 May 17, 2012
snyper wrote:
While never homophobic, 30 years ago, I just 'tolerated' GLBTG community. But then AIDS came along and the hate-mongering despicable he Reich-wing hate-mongering Christo-nazis began their demonetization. Their hate rapidly moved me to supporting the GLBTG's efforts for civil rights including civil-unions, but short of 'marriage.'

But over a period of about a yer or so, I realized it was intellectually dishonest to expect civil rights to be achieved without marriage.

And as my dear wife of 45 years (mostly pretty damn good) ask: "How would 2 loving people of any sex getting married affect our marriage?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 May 17, 2012
Yes indeed the marxist media wants everyone to believe that when the lord marshal b. h. obama speaks the entire country drops what they were doing and takes up the issue at home, beside a watercooler, sitting on the crapper, getting a root canal and at other "gathering places." Frankly most people could care less about the wierd topic of same sex marriage especially when most of the country cannot afford a pot to piss in.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#12 May 17, 2012
TomInElPaso wrote:
Cut off you nose to spite your face.
An unusual creature, a self hating homosexual.
<quoted text>
"if they don't think like me, they're stupid idiots".
an all too common creature, an elitist -sshole...

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#13 May 17, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
"if they don't think like me, they're stupid idiots".
an all too common creature, an elitist -sshole...
MAD was a GREAT magazine !

:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 May 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a BALD FACED LIAR &/or complete ignoramus would claim the promised to keep unempolymnet under 8%
His promise to cut the defiecnt in 1/2 is to Dad promising to take his kid to the baseball game....but the game was called because of a snow storm. "Well, we're not there because this recession turned out to be a lot deeper than any of us realized. Everybody who is out there back in 2009, if you look back at what their estimates were in terms of how many jobs had been lost, how bad the economy had contracted when I took office, everybody underestimated it. People thought that the economy contracted 3 percent. It turns out it contracted close to 9 percent."
Of course the was unable to make more significant progress because of the Repukes obstruction efforts.
BTW: Did you miss the the headline:'The war is over': Last US soldiers leave Iraq
A very good analysis.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 May 17, 2012
snyper wrote:
I believe the same may apply to racism.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#16 May 17, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
Yes indeed the marxist media wants everyone to believe that when the lord marshal b. h. obama speaks the entire country drops what they were doing and takes up the issue at home, beside a watercooler, sitting on the crapper, getting a root canal and at other "gathering places." Frankly most people could care less about the wierd topic of same sex marriage especially when most of the country cannot afford a pot to piss in.
Just piss in your panties and hang yourself out to dry.

Location hidden

#18 May 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
While never homophobic, 30 years ago, I just 'tolerated' GLBTG community. But then AIDS came along and the hate-mongering despicable he Reich-wing hate-mongering Christo-nazis began their demonetization. Their hate rapidly moved me to supporting the GLBTG's efforts for civil rights including civil-unions, but short of 'marriage.'
But over a period of about a yer or so, I realized it was intellectually dishonest to expect civil rights to be achieved without marriage.
And as my dear wife of 45 years (mostly pretty damn good) ask: "How would 2 loving people of any sex getting married affect our marriage?
Attention libelous democRat!!! Where the hell do you think you are, at your shrink's office randomly pointing fingers trying to rid yourself of guilt? I suggest a history illiterate like you explain to the class why you vote democRat knowing full well the democRat Party owns the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, lynching, etc. I mean you have a lot of pot scrubbing to do before you and the democRat Party claim to be all gay friendly and righteous minded. Especially when yesterday's democRat slave masters used blacks to pick cotton and today's democRat slave masters use blacks to harvest votes. GFY

Location hidden

#19 May 17, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just piss in your panties and hang yourself out to dry.
Attention you bloated wolf tick!!! Your suggestion may work for you rear-enders but Homie don't play dat sht. GFY

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#20 May 17, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention libelous democRat!!! Where the hell do you think you are, at your shrink's office randomly pointing fingers trying to rid yourself of guilt? I suggest a history illiterate like you explain to the class why you vote democRat knowing full well the democRat Party owns the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, lynching, etc. I mean you have a lot of pot scrubbing to do before you and the democRat Party claim to be all gay friendly and righteous minded. Especially when yesterday's democRat slave masters used blacks to pick cotton and today's democRat slave masters use blacks to harvest votes. GFY

13% Repugs think being gay should be a felony. Clean up your "party" too before you rant.
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

#21 May 17, 2012
uIdiotRacesMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
Try DEMONcRATs on RePUKElieCANs (leaders and thier minions)- No longer a bi-partanship but a corrupted bi-PArtisanShop-of-horrors really both are party of "ONE" BAsed On Greed and Power , really a political criminal Syndicate --- Time to get off the smelly bandwagon ! GO Independent!
Only if you all Knew as most are clueless still voting for same two evils over and over both took our America into the hell hole! Can you here cry from hell, our founding father are rolling in their graves!
PAradoxically! Ironic
To cry or laugh?
WBHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA
Ok Who gave me the Negative icons for this post ,are you afraid to come out, you mentally challenged?

I'm not gonna bite you.
BWHHAHHAHAHHAaaaaa

Location hidden

#22 May 17, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Attention libelous democRat douchebagger!!! Not so fast you fast ball peewee, in 2006 morons like you made democRats a congressional majority and at that point in 2006 things began to unravel. In 2006 the lord marshal b. h. obama was a senator in that majority. In 2008 the lord marshal was elected president by morons just like you and today in 2012 he's been around for almost 6 years. In other words the lord marshal has swung the bat for almost 6 years peewee and he has consistently struck out. GFY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dick Cheney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In climate denial, again (Oct '10) 2 hr Into The Night 108
News Retired generals say Cheneys are scaremongering... (Sep '09) Jun 22 Uncle Bens AWOLdaddy 131
News Mary Cheney says sister is 'dead wrong' on same... (Sep '13) Jun 20 Mork from Ork 168
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Jun 2 Vaginal wall failure 45
News Surviving Cancer Without the Positive Thinking May '16 Three Days 1
News Wyoming Democratic caucuses: Bernie Sanders loo... Apr '16 Lawrence Wolf 11
News Brummett Online: Sleepless nights ahead Feb '16 Golf Foxtrot Yankee 1
More from around the web