Concert in New York Central Park

Posted in the Diana Ross Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ron

Abingdon, MD

#1 Jul 29, 2006
I really enjoyed her performance. I think it was one of her best. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that concert?
Craig

Australia

#2 Aug 3, 2006
I got a DVD copy recently from someone on ebay. I had recorded it on video at the time and although I can record mine onto DVD I thought I would try a copy from the USA to see if it was better quality. In the end, my video was just as good if not better.

So just go to ebay and search on Diana Ross under DVD and you should find it. If not, post me a note here and I could organise a copy maybe for you.
Julio

Los Andes, Chile

#3 Aug 5, 2006
I am from Chile and I need to get some stuff of Diana Ross, but in DVD. Who can give me a hand?

Greetings,

Julio

My email address is julioqui@gmail.com
Julio

Los Andes, Chile

#4 Aug 5, 2006
Craig, would you mind getting in touch with me? I would appreciate if you can send me a copy.

My email address is julioqui@gmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you

Julio
Craig

Australia

#5 Aug 7, 2006
Hi Julio

I will be in touch next day or two. My internet at home is down so will hopefully email you tonite or tomorrow. Craig
Lee

AOL

#7 Mar 15, 2007
I am looking for a copy of the entire Diana Ross Central park concert video and/or dvd. Can anyone tell me where I can find it> or if they want to sell me a copy

lilah726@aol.com
Craig

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#8 Mar 16, 2007
Hi Lee. Email me above as I have a few copies of that concert, but they are Day 2 with some highlights from Day 1.

I don't have the complete Day 1 concert although i would like that if anyone has a copy ...
Heidi

Washington, DC

#9 Mar 25, 2007
I agree Diana's central park concert is the best I have ever seen, I have a old vhs copy and I still watch it after 20 years! Will this even be released on dvd? Diana is a legend, why isn't this on dvd yet?
Craig

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#10 Mar 26, 2007
Yes Heidi - this should be officially released on DVD. I think it was one of the biggest rating concerts in television history when it was shown. Here's hoping this and other classic Ross concerts are made into official releases.
Blue

AOL

#11 Mar 26, 2007
the most celebrated concert in central park history in attendance and content! well over 800,000,000 the first day.
Heidi

Washington, DC

#12 Mar 26, 2007
Hi Craig, My VHS copy isn't good quality, its alittle fuzzy and jumps in places. I don't have the complete day 1 concert either, my copy shows highlights of the show and ends with the rain and Diana telling people that maybe she can sing tomorrow, I think day 2 is complete. She comes out singing "I'm comeing out" and changes into several outfits including a rhineshone white swimsuit. I would love to get a better copy someday.
Craig

Australia

#13 Mar 26, 2007
Hello Heidi... send me an email. My address is listed in an earlier post on this thread. Cheers :)
James_New York City

New York, NY

#14 Mar 26, 2007
I would also be interested in purchasing a full concert. I have 2 partials...put them together and I still don't have a full concert.
Thanks. You can contact me at bonhommeny@aol.com. By the way, it was a great concert; I was there...got soaked but it was fun.
james
lauriecrack2

Virginia Beach, VA

#15 Mar 29, 2007
I REMEMBER THE SUMMER OF 1983, I WAS SO UPSET THAT I COULDN'T GO AND SEE YOU PERFORM MS.ROSS. MY MOTHER THOUGHT I WASN'T SAFE FOR ME TO HANG OUT IN CENTRAL PARK, NYC THEN. I WAS 15 YEARS OLD. NOW, AT 39,I THINK I'LL TAKE MY CHANCES TO SEE YOU PERFORM, THAT'S IF I'M NOT DEPLOYED ON MY SHIP.

ALWAYS A FAN,
LAURIE
johnjohn1013aolc om

AOL

#16 Apr 22, 2007
I am seeking a DVD of Diana Ross/Central Park. Please forward information
rita

Vancouver, WA

#17 Apr 23, 2007
Craig wrote:
Yes Heidi - this should be officially released on DVD. I think it was one of the biggest rating concerts in television history when it was shown. Here's hoping this and other classic Ross concerts are made into official releases.
Was this the Central Park concert that People Magazine did an article(early 80s) in which Diane claimed not to have made a profit from the concert, in order to fund a Park,which in turn had New York City Officials "Up In Arms?"
jerrybanks007

Waukegan, IL

#20 Oct 20, 2007
i am looking to buy diana ross's 1983 concert from new york, on dvd or video.
jerrybanks007

Waukegan, IL

#21 Oct 20, 2007
want to buy diana ross's 1983 new york concert, both nights if possible. pls give me info asap.
Vicky

Northville, MI

#22 Oct 20, 2007
Diana donated $250,000 to build the park and it is there. It is a very popular tourist attraction.
Vicky

Northville, MI

#23 Oct 20, 2007
Diana donated $250,000 to build tha park and it is a popular tourist attraction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diana Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diana Ross had no female Motown friends (Jan '07) Apr 6 Lady Cham 43
News Review: Aretha takes on divas, comes out swinging (Oct '14) Mar 22 Joseph bostick 2
News Diana Ross on stage can still hypnotize an appr... (Apr '07) Feb '15 Jake 22
News Michael Jackson the King of Pop Dec '14 Len is Disgusted 8
News 'Motown: The Musical' opens at the Orpheum Thea... Dec '14 Tom 2
News Competition! Win tickets for Magic of Motown (Sep '14) Oct '14 Jojo brock 2
News Tracee Ellis Ross: 'Black-ish' role is my life (Jul '14) Oct '14 DALE 2
More from around the web