DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans ups...

DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans upset because she wouldn't allow cameras to film her

There are 82 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Jan 28, 2008, titled DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans upset because she wouldn't allow cameras to film her. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Imagine being a life long Diana Ross fan and paying some 70 or 80 bucks to see her in concert, only to be so far away that you can't see any part of her, or even the stage itself. This was a frustrating reality for many Jamaican fans at Saturday's Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival in Montego Bay. The event turned ugly when host Don Topping announced Ross' request that she not be filmed for large video screens that would allow everyone at the Acquaduct Rose Hall to see her performance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
don

Encino, CA

#92 Nov 8, 2010
Diana was great when I saw her last year in Orange County. She looked great and people yelled out "You're beautiful!" all night long! Some guy rushed the stage and got up and security came out. Diana asked what he wanted. "What's this? Do you want to dance with me? she asked, motioning security guards away. And they danced for thirty seconds. The audience went wild. It was a packed house. I think Diana's voice is one of the most unique in popular music history. One cold never have sold that many records with Florence's or anyone else's sense of music. Her looks were always remarkable, and she was very hot when young. Go see her "Chain Reaction" video from her English #1 hit! It combines her younger days of the Supremes with an older look.

London, UK

#93 Nov 9, 2010
I never heard such disrepect in all my days, this woman was singing before Bob Marley was born and she's seen black men swinging by their necks from trees in america! people forget THOSE times too quickly. The fact is people still want to see this woman and her music was beautiful back in the day! people like nostalgia it helps them to REMEMBER...
Now that everyone is happy and free...(never had to pay the cost-civilrights) Technology has allowed anybody to pick up a mic and mix music and chat stupid lyrics that are disrepectful too, but the music of motown and that ERA is the most used, for films, adverts and wannabees!!!!
If black people want to be patriotic do it in the right way,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diana Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diana skipped memorial to avoid MJ's mom (Jul '09) Sep '17 Spotted Wee 14
News Next Story: Michael Jackson's Undying Love for ... (Jul '09) May '17 Sleepingboy 78
what happened to diana ross's late husband (May '06) Mar '17 guygrip 65
News Diana Ross on stage can still hypnotize an appr... (Apr '07) Mar '17 glenn 23
Diana Ross had no female Motown friends (Jan '07) Feb '17 Punkanelly Lovejoy 47
Looking for song title (Jun '16) Jun '16 Estepo 1
News Motown to Release 'Lost' Album 'Diana Ross Sing... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Spotted Wee 2