DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans ups...

DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans upset because she wouldn't allow cameras to film her

There are 82 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Jan 28, 2008, titled DIANA ROSS BOOED IN JAMAICA: Fans upset because she wouldn't allow cameras to film her. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Imagine being a life long Diana Ross fan and paying some 70 or 80 bucks to see her in concert, only to be so far away that you can't see any part of her, or even the stage itself. This was a frustrating reality for many Jamaican fans at Saturday's Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival in Montego Bay. The event turned ugly when host Don Topping announced Ross' request that she not be filmed for large video screens that would allow everyone at the Acquaduct Rose Hall to see her performance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
seriously

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 29, 2008
maybe Diana should retire her singing career if she won't keep up with tech stuff
4 Real

Clayton, NC

#2 Jan 29, 2008
She is so very prideful. I bet she will not get another offer like that. That is why no-one likes her. She realy could not sing that well anyway. She stole her position in the group from Florence. If anyone wants to hear a terrific singer from the 60's look up Florence on the net.

Ric Ricland

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Dayton, OH

#3 Jan 29, 2008
I think Diana's thinking was anyone who'd shell out $50-$70 to see a mean-spirited, talentless, senior citizen lip-sink a bunch of 30-year-old songs is too stupid to know when he's being ripped off.

I'd have thought so too.

ricland
Jennice

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jan 29, 2008
They should have bottle her off the stage. I am from Jamaica and 70 bucks is not easy to come by.
SHAE

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 29, 2008
YOUR SON EVAN ROSS IS SO CUTE. HE IS THE CUTEST. TELL HIM KEEP IT UP.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 29, 2008
She's a bitter, talentless, aging former star. What else would you expect from this notorious narcissist?

"Please only refer to me as Ms. Ross". PLLLLLLLLLLEASE!!!

Washed up
Hagged out
Good riddance.
juggs

Gracewood, GA

#7 Jan 29, 2008
I'll bet she got plenty of "Dirty Looks".

now she can "Ease On Down the Road"
Ian Andrews

Kingston, Jamaica

#8 Jan 29, 2008
I always wondered why wacko jacko did the song DIRTY DIANA...I guess the entire Jamaica now knows ...She can never walk in the shoes of our own Bob Marley neither when he was alive nor in his death
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#9 Jan 29, 2008
She was probably drunk again.
jappy

Toronto, Canada

#11 Jan 29, 2008
Jobubuu wrote:
She didn't want anyone to her her old wrinkled ass face and her baggy titties.
naw she had a boob job

Ric Ricland

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Dayton, OH

#12 Jan 29, 2008
At one point this repulsive creature told Barry Gordy to order Florence Ballad and Mary Wilson not to talk during interviews.

Then she kept moving them further away from during performances so that at the end, just before she went solo, Florence and Mary Wilson were 100 feet in back of her and never given close-ups.

And she still wasn't finished...

After she left the Supremes she wanted the group broken up -- as if to show the world the Supremes were nothing without her.

To accomplish this she continued her campaign to get rid of Florence, the actual founder of the group. Miss Ross told Gordy Florence was getting too fat and was tarnishing the groups image. Miss Ross was phucking Gordy at the time so he'd do anything she asked.

Not long after this Miss Ross starting making her movies where she expressibly forbade roles for Florence and Mary Wilson who at the time could really use the money.

Oh, and did I mention the bullshyt college tuition fund Miss Ross "setup" for Florence's daughters?

Right after Florence died Miss Ross called a press conference where she pledged $100,000 for each child's college tuition. Great fan fare was made and she was roundly applauded.

Twenty or so years later, however, when the pledge came due, fabulously wealthy Miss pleaded pauper and bought the kids off with a measily $10,000 each. Supposedly, the people she had edtrusted with their college fund had messed the money up.

Shall I stop here or continue...?

ricland

“Enough Drama”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#14 Jan 30, 2008
Dianna Ross is so over and when she was singing it was not all that great, She was stuck-up when she was younger and now she is old and propped up anyone paying $70.00 to see granny ROss is just plain crazy, even if you could see her face to face. I would have paid $ 1.99 for the cd and probably lip sync her performance better.
reality

Duncan, OK

#15 Jan 30, 2008
she was never much of a singer anyway so why would you pay 70 dollars to hear her wailing
DRTWEETYBIRD

Kingston, Jamaica

#16 Jan 30, 2008
I was MOST disappointed! It was really hard to gett he time and the money to go see that woman.
I had been a fan of her songs from when i was a kid, they are nice and catchy.
But what she did to us that night was UNFORGIVABLE. I know people who spent months saving up the money to go see her. It was because she was the headliner that tickets could be so expensive, because last year tickets were $60.
$80US works out to about $5500JA and Jamaican minimum wage is $3200 per week.
It was a total lack of respect for the people.
She lucky she wasnt singing at STING or one of those other shows, because what you would hear on CNN is that "Miss Ross" get lick wid bottle!
And the way we Jamaicans stay, if one person throw bottle, the other 50 odd thousand people would have thrown bottles too!
I can see the headline now "Diva gets bottled at Jazz Fest"
Man, she just rude and out of order.
I still cussing and its almost thursday, caan believe she mash up my one free weekend from work for the month!
Blast!
LRC

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2008
Oh my goodness, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. You guys caused me to get up some long overdue mucus from a cold. Jobubuu and Jappy you guys almost caused me to crack a rib. Ric Rickland, you are too funny, but it's sad that you are absolutely right. Wonder if the movie dreamgirls was about the Supremes???
Anna

United States

#18 Jan 30, 2008
People keep stating that Beyonce is the Diana Ross of this generation - God I hope not. I do not believe that Beyonce would have pulled half the mean acts that Diana Ross did back in her young days - that woman was cold hearted. I do not believe Beyonce is anything like Diana Ross. I think she Beyonce is more beautiful and talented than Diana Ross ever was. Beyonce is the Beyonce of her generation. I wish people would stop comparing Beyonce to Diana Ross because, the two are nothing alike.
gerri-berri

Dumfries, VA

#19 Jan 30, 2008
use of the term "Ms. Ross"

"I'm not gonna mizz Ross if she dries up and blows away."
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#20 Jan 30, 2008
Sure! Who wants to be boo-hooed! I leds to boo-hoos. She is a great entertainer. Be nice.
Splarg

United States

#21 Jan 30, 2008
only idiots would spend that much money to see a washed up ho.

Since: Dec 06

Apollo Beach, FL

#22 Jan 30, 2008
jappy wrote:
<quoted text>naw she had a boob job
You must be thinking of that face lift she had and when they took the bandages off, she had a pecker nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Diana Ross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for song title Jun 29 Estepo 1
News Next Story: Michael Jackson's Undying Love for ... (Jul '09) May '16 All That I Am 76
Diana Ross had no female Motown friends (Jan '07) May '16 Imakicola 45
News Motown to Release 'Lost' Album 'Diana Ross Sing... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Spotted Wee 2
Diana's teeth..... (Jan '07) Oct '15 Buddy 153
News Diana Ross triumphant in Hawaii debut (Jun '15) Jun '15 Joe Balls 11
News Bayou City Theatrics Stages the Wiz, Now thru 5/31 (May '15) May '15 Paisley Lumiere 1
More from around the web