Rap show slated for fairgrounds

Rap show slated for fairgrounds

There are 226 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 2, 2007, titled Rap show slated for fairgrounds. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Rap duo UGK will headline the "Southern Legends of the Mic" concert Saturday at Champions Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, 1202 E. 38th St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Legend

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jul 2, 2007
IMPD: get the patty-wagons ready.
Over and Under On Arrests

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2007
I put the over and under on arrests at eleven. Add two shootings and a beating by somebody of "My baby momma" and it looks like a real good time will be had by all.

Awesome!
Simply
Effin Awesome!
thugs

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2007
Oh, this will be a real thug fest.
David Duke

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jul 2, 2007
Lovely
concernedinindy

Florence, KY

#5 Jul 2, 2007
Indianapolis the new Compton. Great job Mayor Peterson, great way to keep the gangs happy. Indy is an embarassment, a cultural city, ha, if your in to thuging and murder, I guess its the town for you.
Who Cares

United States

#6 Jul 2, 2007
Clearly the Star just likes to stir the pot and bring the fools out. There have been rap concerts at the fairgrounds for years, now all of a sudden its news. The Star is getting more pathetic each day.
The Real Story TCB

Dallas, TX

#7 Jul 2, 2007
In other concert news, the "Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest" scheduled July 13 at Conseco Fieldhouse has been canceled.

Boo-hoo!

Maybe they could work in the Ultimate Elvis contest at the Rap Festival.

Gotta admit, it would be an Effin Riot!
HOOT

Plainfield, IL

#8 Jul 2, 2007
Check out the Disney After Dark problems with Rap Shows-then plan accordingly.
Mikey

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 2, 2007
You won't see me anywhere near the Fair on that day. What were they thinking?
Jim

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jul 2, 2007
Why???
oh the irony

United States

#12 Jul 2, 2007
concernedinindy wrote:
Indianapolis the new Compton. Great job Mayor Peterson, great way to keep the gangs happy. Indy is an embarassment, a cultural city, ha, if your in to thuging and murder, I guess its the town for you.
Wow. Way to stereotype. I'm not sure that a rap concert will keep Indianapolis away from being regarded as a cultural city. However, I do know that we will never be regarded as a cultural city if we continue to be represented by the likes of you. You have a couple of typos/grammatical errors/misspellings to fix before you begin to cast stones.
ugh

Fishers, IN

#13 Jul 2, 2007
Rap is not even a talent anymore. Most rap songs are vulgar now, they copy samples of other peoples music to incorporate it and make it sound good in between the bs lyrics they make up. It's not music at all in some cases. When rap first started, back in the Sugarhill Gang days, it was interesting, but it's O-V-E-R! Move on - let's hear REAL talent....
ugh

Fishers, IN

#14 Jul 2, 2007
thugs wrote:
Oh, this will be a real thug fest.
I doubt they'll even go! hahahah
FunnyAndSad

Tipton, IN

#15 Jul 2, 2007
It's like someone at the star does this sort of article and reposts it so that all of the closet racists can crawl out from under their rocks for all of the world to see how far we've progressed in the last few decades.
Corporate Greed

Fishers, IN

#16 Jul 2, 2007
If they wanted to have this at the State Fairgrounds, why didn't they just schedule this during our White Expo in August?
grumpy

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jul 2, 2007
Another sign of the changing of the guard in Indy Elvis impersonators are out, rap is in.
Somewhere

Brinkhaven, OH

#19 Jul 2, 2007
Rap is garbage. Its noise, not music. They could not pay me to attend that concert.
Mr Stone

United States

#20 Jul 2, 2007
I got 25 lighters on my dresser, yes sir, I gots to get paid
Shut it

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Jul 2, 2007
Ok hilljacks, just go to your Kenny Rogers concert, then go home and shut your traps...i'm glad the State Fair has catered to other people besides booger flippin', sister datin' rednecks like yourselves.
wizard

Palo Alto, CA

#22 Jul 2, 2007
Not all cultures should be admired or celebrated. Listen to the words and lock up your daughters. This baloney spreads violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Devin the Dude Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smokeout under way; no reports of trouble (Oct '09) Oct '09 Med Patient 7
News Fans, cops to converge at Smoke Out Festival (Oct '09) Oct '09 the LAW 1
News Devin The Dude Leaves Rap-A-Lot Records (Feb '08) Feb '08 money man with th... 1
News Victory Will Have To Wait For Chamillionaire (Jun '07) Jun '07 dan 1
More from around the web