Long-lost Akron punks Teacher's Pet f...

Long-lost Akron punks Teacher's Pet finally release their debut album

There are 1 comment on the Scene Weekly story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Long-lost Akron punks Teacher's Pet finally release their debut album. In it, Scene Weekly reports that:

Recently unearthed after nearly three decades in the can, Teacher's Pet's self-titled album doubles as a time capsule of Akron's legendary music scene of the late '70s. "There was a lot of stuff happening," ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Weekly.

frank

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2008
I never saw them, but I bought Hooked on You/To Kill You on red vinyl back in '79 or '80. And I was in a band that opened once for Hammer Damage. I called Ron from TP (we had a friend in common) asking him to come and see us, but he said he was going to a record release party for The Vapors (I assume the same band who did Turning Japanese) that night instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dead Boys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Dolls - Dolls Star Forms Batman Band w... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Dr Strangeco 1
News Diane Daniels (Jan '09) Jan '09 double dee 1
More from around the web